Capturing a screen image

I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and
labs where my students use Excel XP.  I would like to be
able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't
work any more.  How can I print the entire screen image in
my document?

Thanks,

Evelyn

0
elplummer (1)

Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button
in combination with Ctrl or Shift.

then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste.
This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and
> labs where my students use Excel XP.  I would like to be
> able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't
> work any more.  How can I print the entire screen image in
> my document?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evelyn

0
twogilvy (1078)
8/2/2003 10:48:29 PM
Hi Evelyn

If you do this a lot, you might consider spending some dollars on it. Snagit is said to be
very good, and it integrates with Excel and many other applications:
http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/snagitandexcel.asp

And if not, there are tons of freeware screen capture programs. Do a search on
download.com for "screen capture".
http://download.com.com/3000-2384-10188787.html?tag=lst-0-2
http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10181394.html?tag=lst-0-5
http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10190094.html?tag=lst-0-7
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Evelyn" <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and
> labs where my students use Excel XP.  I would like to be
> able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't
> work any more.  How can I print the entire screen image in
> my document?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evelyn

I use SnagIt and it's a very nice program.  They have a COM add-in that
integrates very nicely with Office programs and IE.  It costs $20 or $30
as I recall.

Before I got SnagIt, I used a freeware product called ScreenSeize, and I
liked it very much.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Harald Staff wrote:
> Hi Evelyn
>
> If you do this a lot, you might consider spending some dollars on it. Snagit is said to be
> very good, and it integrates with Excel and many other applications:
> http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/snagitandexcel.asp
>
> And if not, there are tons of freeware screen capture programs. Do a search on
> download.com for "screen capture".
> http://download.com.com/3000-2384-10188787.html?tag=lst-0-2
> http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10181394.html?tag=lst-0-5
> http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10190094.html?tag=lst-0-7
> --
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
> Excel MVP
>
> Followup to newsgroup only please.
>
> "Evelyn" <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>
>>I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and
>>labs where my students use Excel XP.  I would like to be
>>able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't
>>work any more.  How can I print the entire screen image in
>>my document?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Evelyn

0
jonpeltier (303)
8/3/2003 4:37:38 PM
Suggested almost 21 hours ago.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

David McRitchie <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> There is     Print Scrn      which copies the entire screen to the
> clipboard,   and there is    Alt+Prnt Scrn     that copies only the
> current window to the clipboard.    You will not see the cursor
> on the images.

0
twogilvy (1078)

How do I make a mirror image of a picture in Publisher?
I have a great image of personified wind blowing. The blowing is coming from the left blowing towards the right. I want the blowing from the right going towards the left. Is this possible to do in Publisher? If so, how? Arrange, Flip? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mi Casita" <Mi Casita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7622A0B-8D0B-4603-9701-9FCAA9D8B1D8@microsoft.com... >I have a great image of personified wind blowing. The blowing is coming from > the left blowing towards the right. I want the blowing from the right going > towar...

Full view screen
I have a sheet that can't be seen unless I use the full screen view feature. It would seem that the sheet is minimizes or hiden when not in full screen view mode. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks. Maybe... Go into normal view Window|arrange|tiled and resize manually. Dee Henderson wrote: > > I have a sheet that can't be seen unless I use the full > screen view feature. It would seem that the sheet is > minimizes or hiden when not in full screen view mode. > Does anyone have any ideas on this? > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

change transaction mapping screen is incredibly slow
after selecting the change button after a transaction has been mapped via a download from my bank, it often takes at least a minute before the Change Transaction Mapping screen comes up. Is this a common problem? It is realy wasting a lot of my time when I have to change the mapping of a transaction. Any Ideas? Thanks, David Hello David: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:40:46 -0500: DB> after selecting the change button after a transaction has been mapped DB> via a download from my bank, it often takes at least a minute before DB> the C...

Problem getting screen coordinates of a control with a formview
I have a mainframe with several splitter windows. Within one of the spliter windows I have created a formview with some controls on it. The form view was created using the resource editor. My problem is that everytime I query within the formview class for the positional rect thru thecontrol.GetClientRect together with ScreenToClient, or ClientToScreen the coordinates to do match where the control is one the screen. I am running at a resolution of 120 dot per inch. Is this a bug? Or how can I get the correct screen position of the control. Thanks. "John Larocca" <larocjj@medi...

email capture
I'm having a problem with Outlook not pulling the mail off my pop server. When I do a send and receive the mail is identified, "grabs" the messages like it's doing a download but when it reaches the end I'm getting an unknown error message. Any thoughts? 1) First, try to set up Outlook Express to download the email set. Sometimes it has better luck. 2) Another way is to clear the queue manually. This is technical, and not really recommended by anyone, but you may have a stuck message... Telnet to get it... (this method permanently deletes messages before you c...

Median of Even Set; How to Capture them?
Hi everyone, Say I have a dat set such as: 4 5 6 7 The median is (5+6)/2=5.5! However, I am not interested in the answer here, but the 5 and the 6!!! Is there an excel function or way to do so? Thanks alot, Mike Do you want the output in one single cell or in 2 separate cells? Mike Wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Say I have a dat set such as: > > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > > The median is (5+6)/2=5.5! > > However, I am not interested in the answer here, but the 5 and the > 6!!! > > Is there an excel function or way to do so? > > Thanks alot, ...

Publisher Sent as email body converts information to image
I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image of the document rather than html. It worked for a while but now does not. Please help. Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have > followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the > documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image > of th...

Import into the Invoicing Screen
Hi, I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing screen of the invoicing module. It cannot be done with Integration Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of transaction. Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of transaction? Thank you, Anne-Claire McAllister About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro and then launching the macro. (This is waht integration manager does internally) Achieving this can be quite easy. The most difficult part would be handling conditional processing...

Anybody have screen shot for MSCRM 2.0?
Dear All, My boss asks me to do presentation about MSCRM 2.0, but hard for me to get screen shot for MSCRM 2.0. Anybody of you all have screen shot of MSCRM 2.0? Rgds, Frans There are no publicly available screenshots of what you are calling MSCRM 2.0. Its a little too early to give your boss a presentation on MSCRM 2.0 etc. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Frans" <fransc@gawab.com> wrote in message news:uu6TOu5SFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > My boss asks me to do presentation about MSCRM 2.0, but hard for ...

depth color change adding a jpeg image
Hi, I had a JPEG image as BINARY resource into my project. I don't understand why, VC++.NET change its color depth in lower resolution...and save it under another name in res folder... i want to keep the same color resolution. tia for help. Maileen JUst a little precision...after a test, the size of this resource and it's color depth are change just after i change (inside VC.NET) it ID of resource as i wanted... somebody as an idea why this occur ? tia, Maileen Maileen wrote: > Hi, > > I had a JPEG image as BINARY resource into my project. > > I don't un...

Capture user selection of font
If I put a font combo box on a Ribbonbar is there a way for me to capture the user's font choice? I need to capture that choice and use it in a macro. Whate *exactly* are you trying to achieve with your macro? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "dplaut"...

Printer is shrinking image
I am trying to print an advertisement i created for a local magazine. the advertisement is suppose to be 3"w x 5"h. when i opened the blank publisher projector i used page setup to create a 3x5 work area and the ad looks great on screeen. however, when i print it, it prints really small, like 1.5"w x 3"h can anybody tell me why its not printing to scale? What version Publisher are you using? Are you printing your ad on standard letter size stock or is your stock the same size as your ad? If you are using Publisher 2007, you might do better using the index card setu...

Autofill spreadsheet of images
Hope I've got the right thread.... I have a folder of 120 images that I wish to "insert" into to a spreadsheet. I wish to create a file where the first collumn is the file name and the second collumn is the actual image. Being a naturally lazy person (who isnt?) is there a way of "auto" inserting the file names of a folder and the images? Google is your friend excel:insert images macro http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=excel%3ainsert+images+macro -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sale...

Change Data Capture: Preserve capture instance data when adding co
When a new column is added to table that is configured for change data capture (cdc), the capture instance table will not have the new column until cdc is disabled and re-enabled for the source table. In the process the existing capture instance is dropped. I thought I could copy existing data out to a temp table and then copy back using the following SQL. However, other CDC meta information, such as the cdc.change_tables.start_lsn, becomes invalid. How can the capture instance history be preserved, using the same capture instance name, if at all? Thanks, Rich /*...

Capturing date/time modified on a form?
I have a form where staff can go and add student information, I would like to be able to capture when and if the form has been modified. We are running reports on students with certain behaviours right now but we don't know how up-to-date the data is if we don't capture if it's been changed recently. I added TimeModified and DateModified to my main table and put the fields on my form that I need it to capture but I'm not sure how to actually get it to fill those fields once data has been modified, any help would be appreciated. Monique Duane OK, what I've done now...

Capture signature
I have a Ingenico 6550 signature capture device. When i sign on the device, it didn't capture the name. The display and the card capture worked, only the signature part doesn't work. I set the device name and everything, it loaded the form, and the tab for the signature on the pos poped up. I use the form designer to test the capture device it worked. The signature show on the form designer. I don't know what could go wrong. Could anyone help!!! By the way i am using RMS 1.3. "TJW" wrote: > I have a Ingenico 6550 signature capture device. When i sign on...

Images in reading panel...
I paste an image from word 2003 and send the message. Then I get the message from everyone saying that they can't see the image. I don't want to send it as an attachment. What can I do? What do they see instead? Did they get any attachment? Did you use HTML as the message format? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Catherine Sanchez" <catherine-sanchez@cantv.net> wrote in message news:uRjWuyqwEHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... ...

Excel 2007 Charting causes blank screen
When I create a chart in Excel 2007 that is its own sheet, I cannot view it. As soon as I move my mouse over top of it my entire screen goes entirely blank. It isn't locked up, just the entire screen goes white. I can still access the keyboard hotkeys and close excel. Is this a known issue? Also, is there a better place to post problems with the 2007 beta? There are a jillion issues with Excel 2007 charting. If you have access to the BetaPlace newsgroups, use those. Otherwise, there's really no discussion forums for Office 2007. Maybe you could reply on the Excel 2007 blog: ...

Save print-screen
In a form I would like to have a button that saves the current print-screen content of the clipboard to a bmp file. Is this possible in VBA or do I need an OCX to do that? Thanks, Lars Take a look at http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=87655 The 2nd post by Snail should be what you are looking for. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Lars Brownies" wrote: > In a form I would like to have...

Captured Quantities not Captured
I have a client with multiple sites. At one site (RETURNS and it is a site, not the returns bucket in the other sites) when we create a stock count schedule and start it does NOT capture the quantities on hand unless we limit the range of item numbers during the Mass Add function. This issue is reproducable ONLY ON THIS SITE. Any ideas any one? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Amount of Data in a Cell Displayed On Screen/Print
I hope someone can give me some advice around how data is shown on screen. I have spreadsheets with fairly large numbers of characters in cells (circa 2,000 per cell) and when viewing the spreadsheet on screen, even by varying the Row Height/Column Width not all of the characters can be seen on screen. When the Row Heights/Column Widths are extended to the point where the characters should all fit on screen, there is then blank space at the beginning of the cell but the characters at the end are still missing. This also happens when printing/print previewing the worksheets. Has anyone come ...

Can't paste images directly into Outlook emails
If I copy an image using grabbing software within any program (specifically Adobe Photoshop Elelements, PaperPort, OneNote) I get that red cross in a white box when I try to paste it into an Outllok 2003 email. But if I first paste it into, say, Word, I can then copy and paste from there into my email. This didn't used to happen and I'm just wondering what has changed and how to change it back. ...

signature Capture?
Does RMS 1.2, 1.3, 2.0 support signatire capture pinpads? Which ones? Thanks. Sacha ...

White screen with ghost images
WMP worked fine for several years, then about 6 months ago became unusable. When starting a video, a get a flash of the movie, for less than a second, then the screen goes white. You can hear the video playing, and if you look very carefully you can see the video as a white "ghost" image, VERY faintly. This happens with all the video I've tried, including the MS samples ("Bear", "Lake" etc.) I've redownlodaed the WMP with the same result. Any idea how to fix this? What version of WMP and Windows? Try updating your video card dr...

$50.00
Yes, $50.00 to the first/best answer to my problem. I have an MFC app and would like to capture the mouse outside of the application area. This application is used to capture the screen given specific coordinates. Currently I type the values in an edit box but would like to select the area using the mouse. The problem is the mouse can't be captured outside of the client area. So my idea is to create a window the size of the screen, either transparent or I will take a full screen shot and paint it with that. This would look like the screen and then the user could select the are...