caps in columns

Hey Everyone,
Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically
formats so that all typed in letters are capital.  If it
is possible how would I go about doing this.

thanks
Chris

go to google.com and look for free truetype fonts
find an all-caps font
install it
use that font in excell (format.. cells... font)

0
rob3439 (3)
(Change the A:A to whatever column you want):-

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
    Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

You could turn on the Caps Lock.

There is no way to format cells to UPPER Case beforehand.

You could use a helper column after the fact as in....

=UPPER(A1) entered in B1.  Drag/copy down.

OR a worksheet_event macro in the worksheet.

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
    Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This code is from Chip Pearson's website at.........

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Chris" <chrisdo667@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:034b01c361c8$0b690010$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hey Everyone,
> Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically
> formats so that all typed in letters are capital.  If it
> is possible how would I go about doing this.
>
> thanks
> Chris

0
ken.wright (2489)

Can delimited text file imports be extracted to a single column i.
I am trying to import a text file with 50,000 data entries into a worksheet but the importing function seems to allow only extraction to a single row which limits the data extraction to 256 data entries. Is there a way to import with the data formatted to a single column to allow the use of the 64K rows available to parse the data? JROD, It sounds as if the record delimiter isn't what Excel expects. What do you see when you open the file with a program like NotePad? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "JR...

splitting cell content from 1st column into 4 columns
In my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions...

Column link
This is great! Ok Next question: I need to link every cell in column e worksheet 1 with every cell in column j worksheet 2. Its for closing balance in Jan, and opening balance in Feb. Thanks all James hi i think this might work.. on sheet2 cell J1 enter...... =sheet1!E1 copy down as far as needed. regards FSt1 "james" wrote: > This is great! > Ok Next question: > I need to link every cell in column e worksheet 1 with every cell in column > j worksheet 2. > Its for closing balance in Jan, and opening balance in Feb. > Thanks all > Jam...

counting text in a column
MD RN RT y na na n y y y n na na y n I would like to total the Y and N from each column but ignore the NA Thank you for your help ferde One way: =SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A10,{"y","n"})) In article <90A3ABA0-94AC-4AD9-9084-E0E8C3130CFC@microsoft.com>, "ferde" <ferde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > MD RN RT > y na na > n y y > y n na > na y n > > I would like to total the Y and N from...

Combination chart
Hi, Need help on the following: Able to create a combination chart of Column (Primary vertical axis) and Line (Secondary vertical axis). When I select reverse categories for the horizontal axis, only the data for Column is reversed, the line remain the same. How can I circumvent this ? Thanks very much ... EK Hi, Assuming xl2007. It would appear you need to add a secondary category axis and also set that to be in reverse order. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE8D0B...

Sort Columns?
Can it be done? Bob Hi - select your data range - goto 'Data - sort' - click 'Options' and choose 'Columns' instead of 'Rows' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bob Newman wrote: > Can it be done? > > Bob Thanx. Bob "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:OEmxF9y8DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > - select your data range > - goto 'Data - sort' > - click 'Options' and choose 'Columns' instead of 'Rows' > > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel...

Saving Data Into Columns ?
Hello: I have copied the following data from a web page that has it listed in three columns: 311.000 AM STRATCOM primary 321.000 AM STRATCOM secondary 243.000 AM Distress/guard However, as expected, if I just do a copy on these columns that I've highlighted, it wants to put them all in a single column in Excel. What I would like is to put the column data from the page I've copied into three separate columns in Excel. Then, to save it in .csv format. Any way of doing this, please ? Thanks, Bob Robert11 wrote: > Hello: > > I have copied th...

All Caps
Is there a way to make sure that a string of data entered in a form (such as "bbb") gets stored in the underlying table as "BBB"? I put the ">" in the format field of the form but that doesn't do it. Thanks Kevin D You could put something like this in the AfterUpdate event of all the fields you want to be in upper case. If Not IsNull(Me.LastName) Then Me.LastName= UCase(Me.LastName) "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447175B6-26C1-4A8D-B7B1-DB7F7FE075CD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make su...

How to Sum a column if reference column is blank
How do I sum a cloumn of numbers when my reference column is blank? >when my reference column is blank? What does that mean? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) "Rusty" wrote: > How do I sum a cloumn of numbers when my reference column is blank? See if this is what you had in mind... 96...x 51..... 22...p 73..... 81..... Sum A1:A5 where the corresponding cell in B1:B5 is blank/empty: ...

Only one column shows in 2 column combo
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I have a combo box on a form that is set for 2 columns. IT is bound using the following in the Row Source: SELECT tblSourceCategory.Source_Category_ID, tblSourceCategory.Source_Category FROM tblSourceCategory ORDER BY tblSourceCategory.Source_Category; When you open the drop down it displays both columns, but when an item is selected only the first column appears. How can I get both columns to show? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: > Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > > I have a combo box on a form that is set for 2 columns. IT is bound >...

Counting Letters in a Column
Hi folks, I have a spreadsheet where there is survey data that I need to begin analyzing. In several of the questions there were multiple choice answers that could be answered by any combination or just one letter. For example, answer 3 has many that have ABD, ABC, BCD, etc.. For analysis purposes I want to start first with the number of A's, B's, C's etc, then look at the unique combinations. Can "countif" count text entries, if so what would the formula look like? Thanks, PZan -- PokerZan ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Advance find column limit?
Hi, I'm doing an advanced find to export some data to add to our website. I am having problems getting all the columns needed. There are about 48 columns needed but when I try to add more than 40 they just don't appear in the find. It also doesn't save the last 8 columns that I added. Is there a way to accomplish this or will I have to get the data another way? Are you using 4.0? I had the same problem recently. I got to a certain point where it would allow me to add the columns, but wouldn't save the changes. The next day when I opened CRM all of the columns I had add...

automatically base a chart on next columns each day?
basically i have a big spreadsheet with dates accross the top for th next couple of months, and a bar chart taking its values from th column for yesterdays date. At the moment Im having to go in each day and change the source data t the next column manually. What I really need is a way of calculatin which row the chart should look at based on todays date. i.e. today i the 19th so ive got it based on AC3 to AC22. tomorrow i need it t base itself on AD3 to AD22 etc etc. the date is contained in row 2. In addition to this i need to make a weekly one so i need something t make the weekly one ...

Toggle button to show/hide column in subfrom
I am having trouble with the correct syntax to refer to a control on a subform. I created a toggle button on my main form (frmChrgBackLog) to show or hide a column in my subform (subfrmChrgBackLog). The subform object name in the main form is the same as the subform name. I tried multiple versions of code to do this but neither of them have worked. The code will be in the main form. Is this possible and if so what is wrong with my syntax? Thanks, 'Version 1 Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible = _ Not Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible '...

Excel Columns Display Right to Left
I've got a user who when creating a new excel document from a blank worksheet, her columns show up from right to left instead of the normal setup which shows A as the first left hand column. It is as if it is a mirror and everything is backwards. Has anyone encountered anything like this or know how to fix this? The numbers and characters display correctly but A is just the far left column instead of the first. Hi Tools>Options..International Change the default direction -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ljdumont@ingr.com&q...

pivot table
Hi, My excel skills are almost nil and I have a task to do. I need to calculate "rate" i.e [ (col1/col2)*100 ] based on a grouping of 'Group'. Eg. Group col1 col2 A 1 1 B 0 1 C 1 1 A 0 1 B 0 1 C 0 1 A 1 1 I want my result to show: Group Rate A 2/3*100 B 0/3*100 C 1/3*100 Rate is number of col1 (where col1 = 1) divided by number of col2 (agains 1s only) into 100. I tried pivot tables to group by Group (A,B,C) and can add 2 columns Count(col1) and count(col2). Is it possible to add a 3rd column to pivot table like this... count(col1)/count(col2)*100? How can I calculate Ra...

Money2004 Bid/ask columns not displayed!
Can anybody give me help on this. In the 'your portfolio' section I want to display the Bid & ask prices but when I add them to a view neither are displayed let aloan the actual prices. I have been able to edit other columns and they have worked/been displayed. or is it that this feature doesn't work in the UK? regards zippy As asked in the UK group yesterday, which view of the portfolio are you looking at, because I can't see the bid/ask columns listed on any of the view customisations available...? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.micr...

Reverse Caps Lock
Is there any way to reverse caps lock on an already created worksheet. Amy, here is a macro that will do it, Sub TextConvert() 'By Ivan F Moala 'will change the text that you have selected, 'if no text is selected it will change the whole sheet Dim ocell As Range Dim Ans As String Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _ "(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ") If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2) Select Case UCase(Ans) Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Tex...

Find differenced between two columns...
Currently we are sorting these lists by hand and this should be something that MS Excel could do... How can we acomplish this? We have two text columns containing similar data. We want to identify which values exist in one column but not the other. Currently we sort each column in ascending order. Then manual check the value in column 1 against the value in column 2. If column 1 is bigger than 2 we insert a blank cell in column 1. If column 2 is bigger than column 1 we insert a blank cell in column 2. Once we are complete, we can see what values are in each column because there is a v...

Hide rows or columns using +
I've never used this function before, and need to disable it within a sprdsht. What are the menu commands to invoke or de-invoke this? Thanks! Data-->Group and Outline, Clear Outline. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com <slingsh0t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1120657567.837234.166860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've never used this function before, and need to disable it within a > sprdsht. What are the menu commands to invoke or de-invoke this? > Thanks! > Thanks, Anne! ...

Chart problem: values in column A doen't show on x-axis
The data in column A in the table I want to use for a chart contain numeric values: 2000 - 2001 - 2002 - ... In the chart these don't show as labels for the x-axis, but as a serie of data in the chart. Any way around this without changing all the values in coumn A int text -- digica ----------------------------------------------------------------------- digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49945 ...

auto Text to Columns
Hi All, I have two machines with Excel 2003 installed. On one when I open a .txt or a .csv file the data is automatically parsed to the columns. On the other machine when I do the same, I have to manually go to the "Text to Columns" command to parse the columns. Is there a setting somewhere to change the behaviour? I would like the parsing to be done automatically... if possible. Thanks in advance Steven Reid The first thing I'd check is the windows setting that specifies what the list separator is: I'd close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|region...

Money 2003
What is the column in the register that has the heading of a red exclamation mark? Some of my entries have an image of an envelope and a question mark in that column. What does this image mean? This is Money 2003 Deluxe running under Windows 2K. Thanks in advance. Mark See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=6 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=6. From online help: There are two icons that indicate different conditions for downloaded transactions: When you see ? in your account register, no match has been found for this downloaded transaction. It is marked as a possible new transaction. A ...

Unhide a column among columns.
Hi, There are 10 columns which are hidden between two columns(A and X). I want to unhide only 1 or 2 columns without enabling(unhiding) remaing How can i do it. Thanks and regards mowrya.K.B.P. With the help of a Macro. The command look like this: Columns("E:G").EntireColumn.Hidden = False *** Check the VBA Help *** Micky "Mowrya" wrote: > Hi, > There are 10 columns which are hidden between two columns(A and X). I want > to unhide only 1 or 2 columns without enabling(unhiding) remaing How can i do > it. > Thanks and regards >...

Word .doc formatted in caps/lc sent to PC via email opens ALL CAPS
Version: 2008 Not all the time but enough to worry me...my resume nicely formatted in caps and lower case in Word...saved as a .doc formatted...arrives via email to a PC user and opens ALL CAPS? Yikes... embarrassment. Looks awful. What is up? do they have there settings wrong or at my end? THANKS experts!! Leslie An issue of that nature is most likely caused at the receiving end or induced somewhere along the way. If you *must* submit your resum´┐Ż in a Word format zip/stuff the file & send that. FWIW, I strenuously object to sending anything of that nature in an editable form... That...