Cannot upgrade Excel 95

I recieved the following email from a client and have not been able to
find an answer to give him.

> I CAN NOT LOAD EXCEL UPGRADE. MY COMPUTER TELLS ME
> IT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE UPGRADE. I LOOKED INTO MY
> COMPUTER AND FOUND IT HAS EXCEL 95 THAT GATEWAY DOWNLOADED WHEN I
> BOUGHT THE COMPUTER. THE PRODUCT ID# IS38297-070-1859633-27343.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/

-- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/

I don't have an upgrade in front of me, but just from experience, you
usually cannot upgrade a really old product to the most current product. In
other words, if your client is attempting to upgrade Excel 95 to Excel XP,
this will probably not work due to the age of the Excel 95. The box for the
upgrade should give specifics as to which version(s) it wil work on.

tim

"RoyKelly" <RoyKelly.sr85m@excelforum.com> wrote in message
> I recieved the following email from a client and have not been able to
> find an answer to give him.
>
> > I CAN NOT LOAD EXCEL UPGRADE. MY COMPUTER TELLS ME
> > IT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE UPGRADE. I LOOKED INTO MY
> > COMPUTER AND FOUND IT HAS EXCEL 95 THAT GATEWAY DOWNLOADED WHEN I
> > BOUGHT THE COMPUTER. THE PRODUCT ID# IS38297-070-1859633-27343.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>
> -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from
http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
> -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at
http://www.ExcelTip.com/

timotero (63)
8/26/2003 6:14:32 AM
Just to add to Tim's answer.

They can buy a new version of office XP and get the upgrade to office 2003 free
(well, for a limited time):

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/techguarantee.asp

This describes the upgrade path to get to office XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/upgrading.asp

RoyKelly wrote:

> I recieved the following email from a client and have not been able to
> find an answer to give him.
<<snipped>>

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>
> -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
> -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Excel will not fill in the months
Appearently Excel refuses to fill in the months. After having typed January in cell A2, selected cell A2, placed the pointer in the bottom right corner of the cell and then dragging downwards, the rest of the months do NOT fill in. For numbers it DOES work, though. This is part of the online training course at: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010437481033 A little help would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2003. Simon Tofte Simon, Check Tools / Options... "Custom Lists" tab, and make sure that you have a list "January, February,..." ...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

how to convert a html page to excel format ?
I tried to cut and paste and the format becomes disorganised. Moreover when I copied the picture, it transferred into a cell. Is there an shareware or aid available that helps in this aspect. URGENT .... :confused -- michaelta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- michaeltan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39011 You could try File - Open, and enter the URL in the filename box. Depending on your version of Excel, it might work well enough....

Upgrading the CPU?

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

how start Excel w/o asking enable macros?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook with macros that I start up automatically everytime I log into my account (I have the shortcut to the Excel file in the startup menu). Is there a way I can set Excel so that it doesn't ask me if I want to enable macros for that file? I do this everyday, and could save a second that way, and make one less step for the user to have to do, too. Thanks again. If you 'sign' the macro, set your security level to medium, and indicate that you are a trusted auther, you won't be bothered with the prompt. The cheap way to sign is to create t...

8.0 Upgrade

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

Excel in
Help! I have one client that has an excel spreadsheet embedded in email that she could previously edit. Now every time the speadsheet is activated it shrinks to a uncomprehendable size. Outlook and Office have both been uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and what was the solution other than blast her profile and rebuilding her computer? -- Thang Nguyen You may want to add more description to "uncomprehendable size". If the application is minimized (or made a small window), maximize it. If the zoom factor has been changed (wi...

XP Upgrade

Pivot table in Excel. Exported data from access as excel sheet.
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data range in sheet1. C...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Excel data from spreadsheet to database
Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank you, Ricki See reply at your other posting. Not necessary to multi-post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:36:34 -0500, "Ricki Miles" <rickimiles@shaw.ca> wrote: >Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to >gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank >you, > >Ricki > ...

How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.
I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my specifications. I absolutely hate the idea of having to do these myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me? There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your specifications, and restrictions. Increment by one insert a 1 into cell A1 or a formula =ROW() into cell A1 place 1 into cell A1, drag down with right mouse button, fill series place =ROW() * 5 - 1 into cell A1 drag down with mouse, or drag down with right mouse button, fill values (still be for...

excel data gathering
I have a spreadsheet that has columns for tracking information. I am trying to track spending for the week. When the weekending date is input. I need to pull from 3 columns. Date, code, and amount based on the previous 7 days of the week ending date. I have racked my brain trying to come up with a way to do this. email me if you need more information. Thanks in advance for your help... ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** To summarize your data, and show the total for each week, you could use a ...

In Excel, how do you make one whole sheet equal to another.
I have a work book with many sheets which represent separate projects. The first sheet of the work book is a summary by project for each of the projects. In the accounting work book I have a project ledger sheet and would like to make the one sheet in the accounting book equal to the entire sheet in the projects work book. That way if I make a change to a project sheet it will go all the way up to the first sheet in the projects workbook and then to the accounting work book sheet "projects ledger" and from that ledger it will flow into all the rest of the accounting sheets in ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

How do I import TXT file with more than 65,536 rows into Excel?
How do I import a Notepad TXT file with more than 65,536 rows into Excel? The Notepad TXT file does not have line numbers so is is not easy to find where the first 65,536 lines end. if it has more thatn 65536 lines, i would import it into access first. in access, all date beyond 65536 lines would be put in another table. then the first table would be downloaded to sheet1 and the second table downloaded to sheet 2. >-----Original Message----- >How do I import a Notepad TXT file with more than 65,536 rows into Excel? > >The Notepad TXT file does not have line numbers so is i...

Query output in Excel
I am trying to import a database data in excel from db_vista database and it limits the output to 25 rows. Does anybody know how to increase the output? -- Anna ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Anna's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1077 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540407 Anna Just a guess....try this: Edit the query in MS Query <edit><options> Is "Limit number of records returned to" checked? Does that help? Regards, Ro -- Ron Coderr --...

Excel to Word macro
Hi, I have a bitmap picture in a sheet. I need a MACRO so as when I click on the bitmap picture a range (selection of cells say A167:E207 will be exported to MicroSoft Word. Help Please! Khalil ...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Excel -> Word #3
Thank you very much! Now, this created an other issue: I am using the Excel sheet as source database, but I am also callin the Word document from this same Excel sheet. It looks like there is conflict now. So, what I'm trying to do: For each row in my Excel sheet I have a cel linked to the Word document (where I have already merged the necessar fields from Excel). Any ideas? Thanks in advance -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: htt...