Cannot start the source application for this object

there is an Excel doc created in Office 2000, when you open this doc, there
are some boxes with text on them which should be opened with Microsoft
Organizaion Chart, in office 2000 was working, without changeing any setting
but in office 2003 will give you this message if you try to open the boxes
"Cannot start the source application for this object "
Please email me if you have the answer please at
sam.ghannadi@ngc.com
thanks
0
Questions (9)

Starting up on start-up help!

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

This workbook contains links to other data sources
My workbook has links to other shared workbooks in the network. Whenever the file is opened, the user gets the message "This workbook contains links to other data sources". Is there a way to skip this prompt? Ya. I'd like an answer here too. Tools/Options/Edit/deselect "Ask to update automatic links" "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ufimn$GSGHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My workbook has links to other shared workbooks in the network. Whenever > the file is opened, the user gets the message "This workbook contains lin...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

how to send data/message from win32 dll to mfc application?
Hi All , I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the possible ways to achieve this? In mfc application I have a document which should recieve this data . is it possible ? I read somewhere about PostMessage() method . it sends the message to applcations main window (CmainFrm ???) .Should I handle the messages sent by the dll and update my document from here ? Thanks in advance JustLikeDat ggurubasavaraja@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All , > > I have to send data from a Win32 DLL to mfc application. What are the > possible ways to achieve this? > In mfc a...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

pivot table as data source for another data table
Hello, Can I use a pivot table as a data source for another pivot table? For example imagine that I have a list of workers in a company which is devided in departments and subdepartments: department ; subdepartment ; name ; sex 1 ; 1 ; John ; M 1 ; 1 ; Mike ; M (...) 7 ; 5 ; Anna ; F I want to see what is an average number of workers (males and females) in a subdepartments for different departments. I mean, I want to get such result: In department 1 there are 5.35 males and 12.5 females in each subdepartment on average. In depa...

Application Look
I was given a spreadsheet that has only a table lookup built into it. What I would like to do is, if possible, have the spreadsheet after the user executes it show just the dialog box only. Is that poosible? ...

com object help! #2
hi folks! I am new at customizing rms. I am trying to add a new item to the POS by clicking the custom button.. curently the code that i am writing is(vb6): Public Function process(session As QSRules.SessionClass) As Boolean dim Additem as object Additem= session.Transaction.Entries.Add(0, "123", 1, 0, False, 0) process=true end function This is working fine when i register the dll and assign the class file to the custom button but this is what i want: When i click the custom button a form should load and the form will have a button called "additem" and whenever i cl...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

Terminate an application
Hi, I program with Visual C++ .NET 2003. I have an application that I want to quit if a specific date is passed. (the user will not choose Quit in the menu) I want to terminate the application in the OnClose member function of my CApplicationView class. I have tried with various methods like PostMessage(WM_DESTROY, 0, 0) or PostQuitMessage(0) without success. Does anybody have suggestions ? Thanks, Claude Hello Claude, > I program with Visual C++ ....

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...

What is the main thing to remember to get started in EXCEL?
What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? Just remember that Excel is not a database, though it can do some database functions, and it is not a word processor, though it can do some word processing functions. Get a good book - one by John Walkenbach would be a good choice: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mr.Harrison" <Mr.Harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3796CE4E-1D28-4BDD-9D8F-E378C10F892F@microsoft.com... > What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? if you spen...

To identify fields / button of another application using MFC
Hi, I need some MFC written code that can control another application. Its like - I need to write an application that can identify another application running on the system and then identify their Fields so i can put in text into the fields and click on the buttons. Similar to what a record and playback automation tool can do (you show the tool where the fields are and what to put and where toclick - he tool will do it automatically) eg : the code shud be able to identify that the calulator application is running - so he types in the values : 2 , presses the button '+' and typ...

Outlook 2007 won't start, message, can't start microsoft office o.
I run Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 just quit working. The error message is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I have had a similar problem because I keep my pst file on a network share so I can use it with my roaming profile, and sometimes the network share goes awol.... To reset the outlook window run 'outlook.exe /resetnavpane' at the command prompt. "Tony Wybrow" wrote: > I run Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 just quit working. The error message is: > Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook w...

Publisher won't start from Start menu
Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this ? Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to the desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here". -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33526F5B-7319-4771-8E3D-4E937F...

How long should it take an Information Store to start with no edb.chk
We've been having problems with our 5.5 server (20 hours in now) Having performed a restore of an offline backup we started the Information Store with no edb.chk. I believe this will go through all the edb.log files and replay what it needs to. I have 26 log files (so 130Mb) and the priv.edb is around 31Gb in size. The information store has been starting up now for over 5 hours. There seems to be activity the service control "clock" is spinning. No errors in the Event logs whilst this happens. I read in article KB 200941 How the Restore in Progress Registry Key works that if...

MS Wordmail could not be started
hi, I try to reply or send a new message and I get the following warning: Microsoft wordmail could not be started. Try one of the following: close any open dialog boxes in Word. make sure word is installed... and.... close other programs and try again. I have all other programs closed, only outlook open, and word is installed and runs well, this problem is not occurring all the time but I can see no difference between what I am doing when it works and when it doesn't. thanks for a positive reply grant. Grant, please let us know what Operating System and versions of O...