Cannot see all characters in cell

I have workbook that contains column for text/comments. I am unable to see all of the text in the cell no matter how I size it. All the text is displayed in the formula bar when the cell is selected, however not all of the text is displayed in the cell itself

I have Excel 97 and I believe there is a 256 character limit. Is there a way to get around this limit, or can I do something to enable all text to be seen

Thanks

EU
0
anonymous (74722)

I am having the same problem on a form that I use every month.  At the top there are 4 words that show up in the formula box, but don't show up in the cell or when I print it out and then there is another line lower that has several words missing at the end of the sentence.  If I make the cells wider, it changes the whole report.  Did you get an answer to your question?
0
anonymous (74722)

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Getting data into Excel cells for OLE objects retuened from Access
Hello all, I have a MS Query in Excel filtering and retrieving relevant data from MS Access. When the data returns, all BUT the column which refers to a OLE object datatype in Access returns values. What should I set the format in Excel to see the OLE objects dynamically. Thanks AFAIK, that is not possible. Sorry. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0dce01c3db7e$ba637bb0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hello all, &...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Three Swedish Characters . .
I continually use the folllowing three characters on an, "English" keyboard:- å ä ö Is there any way I can assign these characters to other keys on the keyboard so that I can type them in (roughly) the same way as any other English character? Thanks in advance for anmy replies. The simplest approach is to use the built-in keyboard shortcuts CTRL+@, a = � CTRL+:, a = � CTRL+:, o = � -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - W...

Count cells if.....
I want to count cells in a column only if they are greater than zero and if they are three less than a specified constant cell. Thanks, Barney =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100>0),--(A2:A100=B2-3)) Regards, Peo Sjoblom Barney wrote: > I want to count cells in a column only if they are greater than zero and if > they are three less than a specified constant cell. > > Thanks, > > Barney > > I have no idea what goes into the formula where the "--"s are but when I put nothing there it does not work. Barney "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org...

Display a pix from a URL in a Excel cell
Hi; I have a CSV exported from a ecommerce web site that has the URL for the thumbnail pix of the products. I have this in Excel. It is a full qualified URL, i.e., http://www.something.com/images/products/image.jpg . I just want to display the thumbnail in an excel cell, to product a printed output that has a pic of the product so my minimum wage inventory clerks can ID the product and do the count. Ought to be easy, but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Don Hi see your other post. Excel is probably not the right tool for this :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany P...

Check the lasta character
Dear All i have a range of coding where some of them are ending in letter I. There is any way to group all of them? Or is it possible to create an if function when the code in ending in I gives true and else false. Thanks in advance for your valuable time.... Hi Manos =IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="I",True,False) -- Regards Roger Govier Manos wrote: > Dear All > > i have a range of coding where some of them are ending in letter I. > There is any way to group all of them? > Or is it possible to create an if function when the code in ending in I > giv...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Create a user-defined cell to display shape's layer name
How can I reference a shape's own layer name to display as a field? Specifically, I want to create a text box with a custom formula or user-defined field that display's that shape's one and only layer name. I can display the layerMember index by using "=LayerMember", but can't figure out the name. Please no VB/VBA. Thanks. The 1st thing to do might be just making custom propery on the page. Then please open the shapesheet of the page, add rows to the Custom Preperty Section, (or Shape Data in Visio 2007). The number of rows are as same as the number of layers. An...

Select all colored cells
I am working on a code in visual basic for a macro in Excel. In the worksheet, I have an area that is green. What I want the program/macro to do is copy a formula in an existing cell, select all the colored cells (all cells are the same color) and paste the formula in the colored cells. Is this possible? If so, what does the code look like? Thank you! This might get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme03() Dim subRng As Range Dim cellWithFormula As Range Dim SuperRng As Range Dim myCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set SuperRng = Selection For E...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

instantaneous cell value
This is probably incredibly simple but I've been going in circles with it for some time. I'm looking for a way to grab and hold the instantaneous value of a cell whose contents are constantly being updated. Any thoughts? You can "fix" the values of a cell by <copy>, then select another cell (maybe in another sheet) and Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK. This would leave the formula in the original cell to continue to update itself. Hope this helps. Pete thanks for the reply. this works as a "manual" solution but how can I assign only the contents o...

key board typing incorrect characters
my Sony Vaio laptop has been typing strange characters when I try to type, even when you press backspace it prints some weird characters..how can I fix it. ? Max wrote: > my Sony Vaio laptop has been typing strange characters when I try to type, > even when you press backspace it prints some weird characters..how can I > fix > it. ? Plug in an external (USB) laptop. Start using it. Any 'strange' characters? If so - what are your keyboard regional settings set at (what should they be)? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The S...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Cannot insert extended ascii character
This article tells about how to insert an extended ascii character: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011331361033.aspx The "Alt + decimal code" method works well with my pc at work. But I cannot make that work with my laptop at home (Dell Inspiron 600m, if it matters). Using Office Professional 2003 on Windows XP in both cases. When I type in the code on my laptop, nothing happens. Whether I use the normal laptop number keys, or the ten-key keypad with number lock on, it makes no difference. Can anyone give me any clues? TIA Hi! I don't know why thi...

How to copy cells horizontally to cells out of sequence
I have data in cells that are on Sheet1. This data is in Cells B2, B3, B4, B5 etc (All Horizonally, ie staying in same row). I'm working on Sheet2 and would like to know how to take this data from Sheet1 and copy it to different cells on Sheet2, but have the data fall vertically. I can copy this once and repeat, but I am looking for a formula that will do this for me so I can copy it multiple times. Example: Sheet1, B2, will go to Sheet2, K4. Sheet1 C2, will go to Sheet2, K5 Sheet1 D2, will go to Sheet2, K6 Please help. One way: Enter this in K4 of Sheet2, and copy down as n...

How do I get the total of a range of cells that are in another she
I have two sheets in the workbook and I need to get the total of a range in sheet1 into a table on sheet2. How do I go about this? something like =sum(sheet2!$a$1:$a$5) note the ! after the sheet name bobf -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487937 ...

Need to add cell comments in unlocked cell on protected worksheet
Using Excel 2002, I have a worksheet that I have "protected" so that only a certain block of cells can be selected/edited. Today, I have a new requirement to be able to add/edit/delete cell comments on those cells that remain unlocked. But the options to do so on the cell context menu disappear when the worksheet is protected, but reappear when the worksheet is unprotected. When you protect the worksheet, scroll down and check "edit objects". This will allow comments to be added/removed/changed--along with other objects (pictures/shapes/etc). dan400man wrote: >...

MS Excel VBA DAO SQL where clause cell
Hi I'm trying to get a table of data from MS Access to MS Excel via VBA DAO programming. In my worksheet call 'Data' in cell D14 there is my string value call "toys & Chairs" I can get the DATA into MS Excel without the Where clause in my SQL VBA script. The problem is when I use the WHERE clause which sources its value from cell D14... In my VBA code. Firstly, cell D14 is defined in VBA: Dim r1 As String r1 = Range("D14") Secondly, MY SQL is: SQL = "LVL_1, LVL_2, LVL_3" SQL = SQL & " FROM table_ABC" SQL = SQL &...

increase cell character limit
Hi all, Simple question that is driving me crazy. I'm making a table containing text and numbers. One of the cells in this table has 1459 characters. For some reason, the last couple sentences won't fill the bottom of the cell; instead, they're cut off. I can only see them if I increase the column width, but I don't want to do that since it'll complicate other things (readability, etc). So, how do I get all the text/characters to display in this cell? Thanks -- Weissme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Weissme's Profile:...

How many characters can be used in a file or folder name?
1) How many/what is the max number of alpha or numeric characters that can be used in a folder or file name - using MS Office/Word 2003? Occassionaly I get a 'message' when trying to move a folder or file - saying the file name is too long. 2) In the same program (Word 2003) is there a document 'word counting' facility? Oldfulla (2) Tools > Wordcount. Or, you can have it always showing with View > Toolbars > Wordcount. On Jun 6, 6:23=A0am, Oldfulla <Oldfu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 1) How many/what is the max number of alpha o...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...