Cannot release cell

As soon as I open Excel and click into the first cell, the program will not
release the cell.  It will not even let me access the Menus above.  Is this a
software issue?  I believe there is a quick keyboard sequence fix but I dont
know what it is and can not find the information anywhere (including MS Excel
TroubleShoot KnowledgeBase)

0
MEvans (2)

Do you see EXT in the statusbar (bottom right corner)?

If yes, hit the F8 key to toggle this off.

Have you tried a different mouse or mouse driver?

--

Dave Peterson
0

cell function
I am not sure what I am doing here but my question is: I want a cell that will receive a variable number from its formula to show the number in red if it exceeds a certain value. If that is to difficult than I need the cell to display inop or something like that Dick B Format>conditional formatting, cell value greater than x click format button and select red fonts and click OK twice replace x with the value you want to test for -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dick B" <DickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49103F1B-8DFD-4A19-BDEC-DC2829F6274E@micro...

Release
I heard that the next Office releases have been named but I didn't see anything about a release date. Anyone know anything? Office 2007 is slated for release during the second half of this year.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TS Mathews" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message = news:472sb1Fd4n92U1@individual.net... >I ...

universal formatting of all cells in all worksheets
I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I want the width to be set to 15.86. Instead of going to every sheet and making the change, is there a way that I can set the width for that column in all of the sheets right click on a sheet tab>select all sheets>set whatever on the sheet you are on>select any One sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "jeremyrod" <jeremyrodriguez@cmsmechanical.com> wrote in message news:0b4301c351e9$39fe41e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I >...

Creating a list in a cell
Hello. This is my first message to this group. I just want to create a cell whose content is restricted to the items or values in a list. The list would be static, and it wouldn't be a problem to fill the list by hand, as it is not expected to contain much many items. The user then could go to the cell and simply select one of the values in the list, by means of a drop down control or similar. Is there any standard option in Excel to do that? I tried something called "lists", but it doesn't work as I would like. Thank you very much in advance!! -- Vicent Hi Vincent Se...

Cell margins ?
Our cell margins (indents) are too big, even set to 1 for a single character. Being able to reduce the left column margins a hair would let us fit more columns on a printed page without decreasing the font size. How do we get smaller margins? We have tried adding spaces to the number/text format, which helps some, but the left space does not affect wrapped lines in the cell. Ironically, Microsoft Word appears to have more flexibility in this area than Excel. In Word you have unlimited flexibility in that you can set the table cell margins (left, right, top, bottom) in fractions of a...

Why does my autofill stay on after I release the mouse button?
When I open excel and left click on a box, it act like I am holding the button down and will not release, shading everything it comes in contact with. I have to ctrl-alt-del just to get out of excel. It freezes everything. I have checked my option and configuration to another system that I have and it is the same(default). I have re-installed office 2003 without luck. I have run the repair option also. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a IR logitech mouse.Thanks try touching your f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "bmxracer4" <bmxracer4@discus...

Converting a list of email addresss that are in one cell, out horizontilly to all emails in a single column
I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable to find a solution. All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma. I'd like the finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell. Thank you for your time! Mike There may be an easier way, but what comes to mind is a two-step process: In Excel help, you can search for "parse", and there are instructions for distributing the contents of a cell into columns. (You don't mention what version of Excel you have, so the exact steps may differ. Help should tell you how.) ...

WordWrap exceeds cell display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C6B48C.22F2DAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have spreadsheet with several cells set to word wrap. However, after = entering several lines of text, the cell stops expanding to display the = entered text. I can manually increase the row height and it all = displays. Is there any format I can set to automatically force the row = height to increase to match the cell content? This spreadsheet becomes = the data source for a Word Mail Merged report. ...

Copy certain cells in a row based on one coordinate
I have a few thousand rows of data and about 10 columns. In a different sheet tab, I want to enter a coordinate(G22) in cell A1, and in B1, I want to see the text in B22 of the other sheet. I hope this makes sense. I have a data sheet, and want to extract certain cells from a certain row and place it in a different sheet to fax to a customer. I was hoping there was a command to enter a cell, and cells from that row would be entered in another sheet in a different order. Joe Hi have a look at VLOOKUP if I understood you correctly: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards...

Replace entire cell content
I have a bunch of names on a spreadsheet and i'm looking for an easy way to replace the names in each cell with a single character, 1, x, etc. Details along with before/after examples -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Steve C" <SteveC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D4B513-993F-4D04-BA5F-345068E132BC@microsoft.com... >I have a bunch of names on a spreadsheet and i'm looking for an easy way to > replace the names in each cell with a single character, 1, x, etc. ...

Reference cell
Hi, gurus I have a question about quotation reference issue: An Excel workbook has a set of source worksheets,say,sheet1-sheet10. They have the SAME style but different values. Now on sheet11 in the same workbook, I want to quote values from one source sheet. Currently I have to update all of the reference links manually (just source sheet name, Row/Column position the same) if I switch from one source sheet to another. Can I somehow define a "source sheet" cell on sheet 11 so that all of referenced values can be automatically updated as "source sheet!R[n]C[n]" together ...

multiple cells are often selected when I click in only one cell
In Excel 2007, frequently when I click in one cell, the program will select that cell plus 2 or 3 cells immediately below the cell I wanted to select. This happened both at work (City of LA, Police Dept.) and on my home computer. I have talked to other users of Office 2007 who had it happen to them, also. It never happened in earlier versions of Excel, and still doesn't on my laptop with Excel 2003. How can I get it to select only the one cell. P.S. This seems to happen only below the top 8 or 10 rows in any spreadsheet. Just 3 or 4 cells or does it continue to select ...

I have question.. I have problem with Cells.find
I have two file (p1.xls , p2,.xls). When I work in file (p2.xls) i need to find something in second file(p1.xls). Then write value from Cecha in the ActiveCell of p2.xls, provided that Cecha is found I have button and code: but this code does not work how I want !! because search in file p2.... (it work on inversely) What I should modify ?? that it search in p1.xls ??? Sub CommandButton3_Click() '------>in file p2.xls Dim szukana As Range Dim Cecha as String Cecha = InputBox("Enter the name", "Enter value") If Cecha = "" Then Exit Sub Workbooks.O...

Release problem
Hello, I have released an application to my customer. It works fine but the problem is while launching it launches installer of some other tool. A cancel on that will launch my application. Do you have any idea as to what could be wrong? Regards, Subhash "Subhash Badri" <subhash.badri@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:d1e42b$bgq$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hello, > > I have released an application to my customer. It works fine but the > problem is while launching it launches installer of some other tool. A > cancel on that will launch my applicatio...

Cell matching issue!
Hi guys, Ok here is my issue: I have a workbook containing 2 sheets. One sheet contains a list of ETFs with livefeed data from Bloomberg about two different volume measures.I then use this data to do a simple calculation for the performance of each ETF. The issue is the fact that in the other sheet I want a table with the top 5 performers and the worst 5 performers. What I did in order to receive the names of the ETFs, provider, performance etc, I used the VLOOKUP function. The performance is the column on the far left. =VLOOKUP(LARGE(data!$C$4:$C$41,1),data!$C$4:$L$41,7,TRUE) data is the...

Product release.
Hi I have an error when i trying to download a Latin American 8.0 released to December 2005 from partnersource. It said i have no credentials or permission to do this. I think there is a problem whit this page? Someone knows? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

How to sort cells by dates when some cells are links to other cell
When try to sort by date column, with some cells having dates created by reference/link to anther cell not in the same column, the sorted cell/s changes to a reference error (guess thats what Id call it, not sure what the official name is) =#REF! Any idea how to sort referenced date cells without getting that error ? Thank you for your help. akm Hi, Make the date reference absolute: =$A$10 Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "akm" <akm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448236ED-7E88-4279-AABC-E509806F945F@microsoft.com... > When try to sort ...

Colour cells in Task pane.
Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? Highlight the cells you want to ad color to in your table then click on the little bucket at the top "Volcanic" wrote: > Much like one can do in Ms Excel, I would like to colour the cells, as in the > Task Panes. Is this possible? If so how? > ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

Cells only accept 15 numbers.
Can anyone tell me how to make Excel accept more than 15 numbers in a cell. Every time I enter my Credit Card # in a cell, it always turns the last numeral to zero, regardless of what I enter as the last numeral. I tried creating a custom format of 0000-0000-0000-0000 for the cell but it still turns the last numeral to zero. Cheers Michael Precede the entry with an apostrophe or per-format cell as text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12b5f01c3f688$a58221e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how ...

Does LPDISPATCH need release as a function parameter?
void DoFunc(LPDISPATCH lpDisp) { lpDisp->...// call some functions lpDisp->release(); // is this needed? } caller: IHTMLDocument2* pDoc; DoFunc(pDoc); Because if I use IHTMLDocument2* as the parameter directly the compiler is ok and no Access Violation in debug. But I don't know if vc compile queryinterface internally. I know CCmdTarget has a GetInterface function without addref so what convertion used here in vc? ...

Releasing Memory
I had an 800MB PST file consisting of many personnal folders. I exported 300MB of personnel folder information and then saved this file on a separate drive. I then deleted the exported information from outlook. When I check outlook file size (of all files) it shows 500MB - HOWEVER when I search for the pst. file it still shows 800MB. and the C drive does not show the 300MB that I just opened up. How do I get outlook to release the memory back to the system. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Create a new .pst file and copy the contents of your old .pst file to the new o...

Format Cell Formulas
i want to make the row turn yellow if is it a certain value. i want any cell in column G to turn yellow if the cell has a value of CA1, CA2, CA3 or CA4. So if i type CA1 in cell G5 the whole row will turn yellow ? Is this possible ?? Many Thanks :D Benn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use Format>Conditional Formating for that. Set the test to "between" and then set the criteria range for the first box to ="CA1" and the second box to="CA4", then set the formatting you want, and hit OK. Then use the fill- handle to copy the formatt...

Release?
Hi Doug. How do i release an varible? do you have some sourcecode that i can see? Thanks a lot SpeeD Hi though I'm not Doug you may provide some more details what you're trying to do (or stan in the existing thread if this is a follow-up question) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SpeeD72 wrote: > Hi Doug. > > How do i release an varible? do you have some sourcecode > that i can see? > > Thanks a lot > SpeeD ...