Cannot Expand Named Range - when size of the Range exceeds

Hi

I've an excel sheet which contains a number of Named Range. I need to
add a number of records in each range. I'm using VB.NET and ODBC to add
rows.

It adds records properly when the number of records are inside the
Named Range. But when the number exceeds - it generates error "Cannot
Expand Named Range". I don't know how many number of rows to be added
in each range - so I cannot preset the size of the range.

What is the work-around?

Thanks...
Snig.

0
snigbb (10)

You have a response in .misc

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I change the pixel size of a photograph?
How can I change the deminsions of a photographic Jpg image that is 1723 x 1219 to 640 x 480? Hoppy1 wrote: > How can I change the deminsions of a photographic Jpg image that is > 1723 x 1219 to 640 x 480? ============================== If you are running WinXP...the following free PowerToy is very useful: (scroll down for Vista info) Go to the following link and download and install: ImageResizer.exe http://tinyurl.com/2meyw or... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Then you can open any folder that contains images and you will have an optio...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Printing names and addresses
I have Access, Excel Word etc, How do I print out names and addresses from any of these, once I have created a database. Must be simple I know, but there is no button that says to print out names and address on a label or on an envelope separately press here.!!! "PGraham" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F469873-0A84-42A8-AD25-60503AEE7D72@microsoft.com... > I have Access, Excel Word etc, How do I print out names and addresses from any of these, once I have created a database. Must be simple I know, but there is no button that says to print out n...

Parsing name
How to extract LastName, FirstName, MI? (Not all with MI). Sample names: John Doe John M Doe Thanks Unfortunately, there's no simple answer. Sometimes the first name is two parts and sometimes the last name is (Mary Lou Retton, Ludwig von Beethoven). Sometimes there's only a first name. (Pele, Cher) Realistically, you're likely going to USB (use someone's brain) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Song" <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6a718e9d-9acd-49ec-ba5e-24baf0b...

Dynamic Series Name
I have a table that is set up using "Data-Filter-AutoFilter" so that the user can click a drop down arrow in the header for column 1 (the x-values), select a value, and the table displays only those records. A chart is connected to the table. In the chart I want the series name to be the user's choice of the dropdown value. For example, say the x-value choices are "apples", "oranges", or "lemons". If the user chooses "oranges", then that becomes the series name in the chart. Can someone come up with a way to do this. I have thus far...

Auto Populate & Name Recognition
Can Excel 2003 recognize a name in a call in one workbook and then auto populate the cells from the original worksheet by name recognition? -- Leigh Anne Not quite automatic... But you can use a table on that second sheet and a formula... Create a new table (A1:Bx, say) on a different sheet. Give the first column (A1:Ax) a nice name. Use Data|Validation to create a dropdown list with those options as the choice. Use a formula in the adjacent cell to retrieve the value in the adjacent column in the table. =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a1:bx,2,false)) ...

dlx04, epay: pay to name diff. than "address" name, how?
this has started coming up. the pay to name for my epay is entirely different than the name used for the address. how is everybody handling that, with a c/o (care/of) annotation? TIA Rick Warburton -- reply only through newsgroup, thank you ...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Named Range Problem
Hi All, I am having a really wierd problem with named ranges in Excel 2003. I have got 5 dynamically named ranges where the formula used for the dynamic named range appears to actually change without me altering it. As another element to the wierdness if I paste a list of the named variables the formulas pasted does not match what you see if you look at them through insert>named range>define. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Thanks in advance Andi If you work with names, do yourself a favor and get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matt...

field not by that name
the following piece of code is intended to requery a subform (frmcustomerlist) after a new customer is added. The following error occurs -- there is not field named forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook!frmcustomerlist in the current record when this code is reached docmd.requery "forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook!fromcustomerlist It is true there is not a field by that name because that is the subform i am wanting to requery. I even tried forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook and the same error occured -- there is not a field named forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook what am I missing. ...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

How to get Address cards to be in order of First name and then last name (and not in "file as" order)?
Outlook2003/winXP Hi After persistent errors when downloading new emails, I have just copied my contacts across into a new PST file. The problem is that now in "Address Card" view some names are in "Last name, then first name" order, whereas many other entries are in "First name then last name" order. Looking more closely, if there is a comma between the names then it always shows the Lastname first. How do I stop this?! If I go to "Tools" > "email accounts" > V"iew or change existing directories or address book" there is ...

Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.
It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. Need help on this on. Ernie You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CD991-6AA9-47A8-8B5A-4F601176399C@microsoft.com... > It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. > Need help on this on. > Ernie ...

Passing control name to sub
I'm having trouble passing a MSFlexGrid control to a sub. The control name is "flxGalleries". The error is "Type Mismatch. Error '13'". I have the following code: Private Sub Form_Open (Cancel as Integer) ... do stuff ... GridSetup flxGalleries 'Call the Sub and pass the Control ... do more stuff ... End Sub Public Sub GridSetup (ByRef flxGrid As MSFlexGrid) With flxGrid ... do stuff ... End With End Sub What have I done wrong? Cheers Try: Call GridSetup(flxGalleries) 'Call the Sub and ...

How do I label or name a column in Excel?
please advise me how ot make a label or a name for each column in an Excel spreadsheet? You can't change the column headers in a worksheet. They are fixed as letters, by default, or numbers if you select the R1C1 reference style under Tools, Options, General. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "kmax" <kmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329627BC-145F-411B-B0CA-4CE689BE693A@microsoft.com... | please advise me how ot make a label or a name for each column in an Excel | spreadsheet? Kmax, just put your names in row 1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before t...

Naming a newly inserted sheet using VBA
I want to insert a new sheet and name it "ABC": Sheets.Add Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "ABC" This is fine for the first time as it inserts a new sheet called "Sheet1". However the next time I do it the newly inserted sheet is called "Sheet2", but the code is still looking for a "Sheet1". Can I do something simple like: Sheets.Add.Name = "ABC" Thanks in advance. What happened when you tried it? (It worked for me.) Ant wrote: > > I want to insert a new sheet and name it "ABC": > > Sheets.Add > ...

Summary Page - advancing name of sheet
Asked question previously regarding I have a linked summary page and was having problems dragging down the formula to reflect the various worksheets. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, please bear w/ me. The formula given to me is not working - I'm obviously doing something wrong. Synopsis: My file has 52 sheets, the names of which alternate in the following pattern: BioPP15, AAPP15, BioPP16, AAPP16, BioPP17, AAPP17........ My summary page is for key #'s from each sheet Example of formula for sheet BioPP13 - =BioPP13!K8 I want to drag it down so it will reflect the same cell, K...

Outlook 2000, 2002 (XP) & 2003: Font sizes change after sending email
Hi all, There has been several posts regarding this issue and so far I can't find any with a solution. We are having the same issue with Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003 where after sending a HTML email, certain words or sentences increase in size. We logged a call with Microsoft and after testing over a 1 year period they have finally acknowledged that there is a fault. Below is the response from Microsoft: This issue is a bug that is identified to be being caused by compliance issues in Internet Explorer (and not an Outlook issue). Symptom: ========= This issue has been reported using diff...

populate a listbox with values from a range in a closed workbook on a server
How would I populate a listbox with details from a range from a close workbook on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Either open it and get the data, or use ADO and get the recordset into an array. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654m4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654m4@excelforum-nospam.com... > How would I populate a listbox with details from a range from a closed > workbook on a server. ...

Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid
Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: scrollexpandswitch.value = 1 But I got an error when it ran. -- Charles Allen, MVP Using VBA, that is. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL > Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used > on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: >...

sort certain datas in a wide range of datas
Say I have 3 columns with lots of datas: Column A: Order # Column B: Part# Column C: Catergory # A2: Order# 021006 B2: 111 C2: Wire A3: Order# 021006 B3: 222 C3: Machine A4: Order# 021006 B4: 333 C4: Tool A5: Order# 021006 B5: 444 C5: Tape A6: Order# 021007 B6: 222 C6: Machine A7: Order# 021007 B7: 333 C7: Tool A8: Order# 021007 B8: 444 C8: Tape A9: Order# 021008 B9: 111 C9: Wire A10: Order# 021008 B10:222 C10: Machine A11: Order# 021008 B11:555 C11: Bearing What I n...

Naming columns so the names repeat on each page.

Parse a path for a file name in Access
Hi All, How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? Example c:\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\someFile.xls I want to query a table with this value and just return 'someFile.xls" no matter how long or short the path is. I can do this in SQL Server, but i am new to Access SQL and I can not figure it quite out. Any help is always appreciated. Cheers, ~ck On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:23:34 GMT, CK wrote: > Hi All, > How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? > Example > c:\somefolder\somefol...

Macro changing region names
Hi, I have a workbook with multiple tabs. All tabs have a defined names region. For example if a tab is named 401 there is a name in the tab for 401 = A1:P400. I would like to change the region selection all at once so it will change to 401= A1:Z400. I would like to use a macro to change regions for all the tabs rather doing this manually one by one. Your help is truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance Nikki by one. No need for a macro, this is relatively easy to change. First, go to Insert - Name - Paste. Choose to "Paste List". Second, select the cells co...

Forwarding for entire domain name..
My problem is this...bellsouth recently changed there policy allowing the use of port 25 on residential accounts..... I have a mail server at the house that can no loger send or recive mail because incoming and outgoing SMTP is blocked... Bellsouth tells me the only way to over come the block is to upgrade to a Commecial account..... I refuse to send another 70 dollars a month..... I have another exchange server 2003 at my office...can I redirect the MX record to the exchange server at the office and then have it forward all mail for my my domain over port 26 to my mail server at th...