Cannot access read-only documents.

I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily
that I can no longer access.  I tried to access these files and I get the
following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"".  I am on
Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files.
None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General
Tab.  Also, there is no longer an author for these three files.  All the rest
that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General,
Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall doing anything different.  I ran a
virus scan on the files with no viruses indicated.  Can anybody help me?  I
tried my last backup file but the backup file have the same problems.
Please help

Tom,

SOme possibilities:  Open them inside with Excel (File - Open), if you've
been opening them by double-clicking them from their folder.  If you have
XL2002-up (and maybe 2000, I don't know), try the File - Open dialog, and
open up the Open button and try "Open and repair."  Send one or more to
someone else to see if they can open them -- is it the workbooks, or your
Excel?   Some other general fix-up things include clearing the Windows\Temp
folder.  Try starting Excel with Start - Run - "excel.exe /regserver", then
start it normally.  Uncheck "Ignore other applications" in Tools - Options -
General.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily
> that I can no longer access.  I tried to access these files and I get the
> following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"".  I am
> on
> Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files.
> None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General
> Tab.  Also, there is no longer an author for these three files.  All the
> rest
> that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General,
> Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall doing anything different.  I ran a
> virus scan on the files with no viruses indicated.  Can anybody help me?
> tried my last backup file but the backup file have the same problems.
> Please help

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/4/2005 2:29:09 AM
Earl:

Thanks for the help but nothing seems to work.  I tried opening Excel by
File-Open but still get the "Cannot Access..".  I do not have an "open and
repair" task on my open button, but I did use the "detect and repair" located
in Help but this did not correct the problem.  I tried sending one of the
files to another e-mail as an attachment but it would not allow the file to
be attached.  I was uncertain of how to clear the Window/Temp folder.  When I
clicked on the Temp folder there were piles of files and folders.  I was
afraid that I was deleting something I shouldn't delete.  I tried starting
excel by using the Start-Run; after it loaded I still could not access the
files.  I attempted the Ignore Other Applications but the Options under the
Tool button was not active.  I pulled up a new file and Tool-Option-General
but the Ignore Other Applications was already unchecked.  If you can think of
something else, please get back with me.  I think I will try reinstalling
Excel.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> SOme possibilities:  Open them inside with Excel (File - Open), if you've
> been opening them by double-clicking them from their folder.  If you have
> XL2002-up (and maybe 2000, I don't know), try the File - Open dialog, and
> open up the Open button and try "Open and repair."  Send one or more to
> someone else to see if they can open them -- is it the workbooks, or your
> Excel?   Some other general fix-up things include clearing the Windows\Temp
> folder.  Try starting Excel with Start - Run - "excel.exe /regserver", then
> start it normally.  Uncheck "Ignore other applications" in Tools - Options -
> General.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily
> > that I can no longer access.  I tried to access these files and I get the
> > following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"".  I am
> > on
> > Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files.
> > None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General
> > Tab.  Also, there is no longer an author for these three files.  All the
> > rest
> > that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General,
> > Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall doing anything different.  I ran a
> > virus scan on the files with no viruses indicated.  Can anybody help me?
> > tried my last backup file but the backup file have the same problems.
> > Please help

Tom,

As for the temp folder, as far as I know, the only time you wouln't want to
remove files is if you've done an install of some program that reboots after
installation.  Such installations put stuff in that folder to use after the
reboot.  Other than that, I think you can trash everything in it.  Press
Ctrl-a to select all, then Shift-Delete (to bypass the recycle bin).  Heck,
you can even trash the temp folder -- windows will make another if it wants
it badly enough.
--

> [...]
>> > the
>> > following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"".  I
>> > am
>> > on
>> > Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all
>> > files.
>> > None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the
>> > General
>> > Tab.  Also, there is no longer an author for these three files.  All
>> > the
>> > rest
>> > that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have
>> > General,
>> > Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall doing anything different.  I ran
>> > virus scan on the files with no viruses indicated.  Can anybody help
>> > me?
>> > tried my last backup file but the backup file have the same problems.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/5/2005 11:10:24 PM
Earl:

What about my original access problem?  Is it possible that we can discuss a
solution to my problem via phone?  If a charge is required, I would gladely
pay just to get my system working properly.  HELP!!!!!!!

Tom

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> As for the temp folder, as far as I know, the only time you wouln't want to
> remove files is if you've done an install of some program that reboots after
> installation.  Such installations put stuff in that folder to use after the
> reboot.  Other than that, I think you can trash everything in it.  Press
> Ctrl-a to select all, then Shift-Delete (to bypass the recycle bin).  Heck,
> you can even trash the temp folder -- windows will make another if it wants
> it badly enough.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Earl:
> >
> > Thanks for the help but nothing seems to work.  I tried opening Excel by
> > File-Open but still get the "Cannot Access..".  I do not have an "open and
> > repair" task on my open button, but I did use the "detect and repair"
> > located
> > in Help but this did not correct the problem.  I tried sending one of the
> > files to another e-mail as an attachment but it would not allow the file
> > be attached.  I was uncertain of how to clear the Window/Temp folder.
> > When I
> > clicked on the Temp folder there were piles of files and folders.  I was
> > afraid that I was deleting something I shouldn't delete.  I tried starting
> > excel by using the Start-Run; after it loaded I still could not access the
> > files.  I attempted the Ignore Other Applications but the Options under
> > the
> > Tool button was not active.  I pulled up a new file and
> > Tool-Option-General
> > but the Ignore Other Applications was already unchecked.  If you can think
> > of
> > something else, please get back with me.  I think I will try reinstalling
> > Excel.
> >
> > "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
> >
> >> Tom,
> >>
> >> SOme possibilities:  Open them inside with Excel (File - Open), if you've
> >> been opening them by double-clicking them from their folder.  If you have
> >> XL2002-up (and maybe 2000, I don't know), try the File - Open dialog, and
> >> open up the Open button and try "Open and repair."  Send one or more to
> >> someone else to see if they can open them -- is it the workbooks, or your
> >> Excel?   Some other general fix-up things include clearing the
> >> Windows\Temp
> >> folder.  Try starting Excel with Start - Run - "excel.exe /regserver",
> >> then
> >> start it normally.  Uncheck "Ignore other applications" in Tools -
> >> Options -
> >> General.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Earl Kiosterud
> >> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Earl:

I cleared my Window/Temp folder but still no luck with the excel files.
Please don't give up on me.

Tom

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> As for the temp folder, as far as I know, the only time you wouln't want to
> remove files is if you've done an install of some program that reboots after
> installation.  Such installations put stuff in that folder to use after the
> reboot.  Other than that, I think you can trash everything in it.  Press
> Ctrl-a to select all, then Shift-Delete (to bypass the recycle bin).  Heck,
> you can even trash the temp folder -- windows will make another if it wants
> it badly enough.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Earl:
> >
> > Thanks for the help but nothing seems to work.  I tried opening Excel by
> > File-Open but still get the "Cannot Access..".  I do not have an "open and
> > repair" task on my open button, but I did use the "detect and repair"
> > located
> > in Help but this did not correct the problem.  I tried sending one of the
> > files to another e-mail as an attachment but it would not allow the file
> > be attached.  I was uncertain of how to clear the Window/Temp folder.
> > When I
> > clicked on the Temp folder there were piles of files and folders.  I was
> > afraid that I was deleting something I shouldn't delete.  I tried starting
> > excel by using the Start-Run; after it loaded I still could not access the
> > files.  I attempted the Ignore Other Applications but the Options under
> > the
> > Tool button was not active.  I pulled up a new file and
> > Tool-Option-General
> > but the Ignore Other Applications was already unchecked.  If you can think
> > of
> > something else, please get back with me.  I think I will try reinstalling
> > Excel.
> >
> > "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
> >
> >> Tom,
> >>
> >> SOme possibilities:  Open them inside with Excel (File - Open), if you've
> >> been opening them by double-clicking them from their folder.  If you have
> >> XL2002-up (and maybe 2000, I don't know), try the File - Open dialog, and
> >> open up the Open button and try "Open and repair."  Send one or more to
> >> someone else to see if they can open them -- is it the workbooks, or your
> >> Excel?   Some other general fix-up things include clearing the
> >> Windows\Temp
> >> folder.  Try starting Excel with Start - Run - "excel.exe /regserver",
> >> then
> >> start it normally.  Uncheck "Ignore other applications" in Tools -
> >> Options -
> >> General.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Earl Kiosterud
> >> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Did you reboot your pc?

If yes and you still can't access it, how about using windows explorer and
copying to a new name and opening that copy?

If the file is on a network drive, can you ask your IT folks to reboot that
server?

--

Dave Peterson
0

We can talk.  See www.smokeylake.com/excel.  You can send me the files, if
you want, and I'll take a quick look and see if they'll open here. Decode
the email address below (it's encoded to hide it from spambots), or use the
one at my web site.

--

> Earl:
>
> What about my original access problem?  Is it possible that we can discuss
> solution to my problem via phone?  If a charge is required, I would
> gladely
> pay just to get my system working properly.  HELP!!!!!!!
>
> Tom
>

> "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> As for the temp folder, as far as I know, the only time you wouln't want
>> remove files is if you've done an install of some program that reboots
>> after
>> installation.  Such installations put stuff in that folder to use after
>> the
>> reboot.  Other than that, I think you can trash everything in it.  Press
>> Ctrl-a to select all, then Shift-Delete (to bypass the recycle bin).
>> Heck,
>> you can even trash the temp folder -- windows will make another if it
>> wants
>> it badly enough.
>> --
>> Earl Kiosterud
>> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>>
>> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Earl:
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help but nothing seems to work.  I tried opening Excel
>> > by
>> > File-Open but still get the "Cannot Access..".  I do not have an "open
>> > and
>> > repair" task on my open button, but I did use the "detect and repair"
>> > located
>> > in Help but this did not correct the problem.  I tried sending one of
>> > the
>> > files to another e-mail as an attachment but it would not allow the
>> > file
>> > be attached.  I was uncertain of how to clear the Window/Temp folder.
>> > When I
>> > clicked on the Temp folder there were piles of files and folders.  I
>> > was
>> > afraid that I was deleting something I shouldn't delete.  I tried
>> > starting
>> > excel by using the Start-Run; after it loaded I still could not access
>> > the
>> > files.  I attempted the Ignore Other Applications but the Options under
>> > the
>> > Tool button was not active.  I pulled up a new file and
>> > Tool-Option-General
>> > but the Ignore Other Applications was already unchecked.  If you can
>> > think
>> > of
>> > something else, please get back with me.  I think I will try
>> > reinstalling
>> > Excel.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/7/2005 1:13:00 AM
Dave:

Yes, I rebooted after empting the Window/Temp folder.  No the file nor the
computer is on a network.  This is a desktop personal  home PC.  I created
another folder and moved the 3 problem files into the new folder; it still
had the same "cannot access ready-only document" problem.  I tried coping the
files into another folder and it would not allow me to copy the files into
the new folder.  But I can move the 3 files to another folder, but I still
cannot access them.  When I tried to copy the files in the new folder I got
the following: "Cannot copy <file name>: Access is denied.  The source file
may be in use."

When the 3 problem files went bad, why would these 3 files be the only 3 of
the many without an author, and having only the General Tab in the Properties
display?  This seems to be the major difference between the operating files
and the 3 non-operating files.

Just a little history on 2 of the 3 problem files.  2 of the problem files
were the only files modified on 01-30-05.  On that day we had ice storms that
caused multiple outages.  My battery backup failed each time the power went
out causing the computer to have an abnormal shut down.  The 3rd problem file
was modified 3 days later; but no abnormal shut downs.  Go figure???????

Tom

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Did you reboot your pc?
>
> If yes and you still can't access it, how about using windows explorer and
> copying to a new name and opening that copy?
>
> If the file is on a network drive, can you ask your IT folks to reboot that
> server?
>
> tomgillane wrote:
> >
> > Earl:
> >
> > I cleared my Window/Temp folder but still no luck with the excel files.
> > Please don't give up on me.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
> >
> > > Tom,
> > >
> > > As for the temp folder, as far as I know, the only time you wouln't want to
> > > remove files is if you've done an install of some program that reboots after
> > > installation.  Such installations put stuff in that folder to use after the
> > > reboot.  Other than that, I think you can trash everything in it.  Press
> > > Ctrl-a to select all, then Shift-Delete (to bypass the recycle bin).  Heck,
> > > you can even trash the temp folder -- windows will make another if it wants
> > > it badly enough.
> > > --
> > > Earl Kiosterud
> > > mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
> > >
> > > "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Tom,

Can you copy the files to a CD or diskette, or email them to yourself?
Probably not, but let's try anything we can.  If standing up and turning
around three times would do it, I'd say do it!

You might want to post this in a Windows newsgroup.
--

> Dave:
>
> Yes, I rebooted after empting the Window/Temp folder.  No the file nor the
> computer is on a network.  This is a desktop personal  home PC.  I created
> another folder and moved the 3 problem files into the new folder; it still
> had the same "cannot access ready-only document" problem.  I tried coping
> the
> files into another folder and it would not allow me to copy the files into
> the new folder.  But I can move the 3 files to another folder, but I still
> cannot access them.  When I tried to copy the files in the new folder I
> got
> the following: "Cannot copy <file name>: Access is denied.  The source
> file
> may be in use."
>
> When the 3 problem files went bad, why would these 3 files be the only 3
> of
> the many without an author, and having only the General Tab in the
> Properties
> display?  This seems to be the major difference between the operating
> files
> and the 3 non-operating files.
>
> Just a little history on 2 of the 3 problem files.  2 of the problem files
> were the only files modified on 01-30-05.  On that day we had ice storms
> that
> caused multiple outages.  My battery backup failed each time the power
> went
> out causing the computer to have an abnormal shut down.  The 3rd problem
> file
> was modified 3 days later; but no abnormal shut downs.  Go figure???????
>
> Tom
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
>> Did you reboot your pc?
>>
>> If yes and you still can't access it, how about using windows explorer
>> and
>> copying to a new name and opening that copy?
>>
>> If the file is on a network drive, can you ask your IT folks to reboot
>> that
>> server?
>>
>> tomgillane wrote:
>> >
>> > Earl:
>> >
>> > I cleared my Window/Temp folder but still no luck with the excel files.
>> > Please don't give up on me.
>> >
>> > Tom

>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/7/2005 1:05:41 PM
Earl,

When I first starting having this problem, I tried to save the files to
another folder on my hard drive but it would not allow it to happen.  I also
tried to attach the file to an e-mail and mail it to another e-mail address
on a different computer.  It would not allow me to do that either.  It did
allow me to move the files to a different folder on my hard drive.

Things are starting to change for some reason or another.  I am now getting
a new message when trying to access these files.  I no longer get "cannot
access read-only <file name>".  I now get "<file name> cannot be accessed.
The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only
location.  Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.".

I tried to save one of the files to a 3.5 floppy but the file is too big.  I
was able to save the 3 files to a CD and also now can save to a different
location on my hard drive, but when I try to access the files I get the above
new error message.  On the CD, the three files are checked read-only but it
will not allow me to uncheck this attribute.  When I try to do this I get the
following message: "An error applying attributes to the file: <file name>.
Access is denied."

I tried again to e-mail the files as an attachment to another e-mail on
another computer.  It now allowed me to do this.  I also e-mailed myself to
my computer and was successful.  I tried opening the attached file, but in
both cases I continue to get the above new error.

Why do you think the 3 files no longer have an author and the Properties
indicator have a General tab only, and why the Properties indicator no longer
have the Custom and Summary tabs?

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Can you copy the files to a CD or diskette, or email them to yourself?
> Probably not, but let's try anything we can.  If standing up and turning
> around three times would do it, I'd say do it!
>
> You might want to post this in a Windows newsgroup.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "tomgillane" <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dave:
> >
> > Yes, I rebooted after empting the Window/Temp folder.  No the file nor the
> > computer is on a network.  This is a desktop personal  home PC.  I created
> > another folder and moved the 3 problem files into the new folder; it still
> > had the same "cannot access ready-only document" problem.  I tried coping
> > the
> > files into another folder and it would not allow me to copy the files into
> > the new folder.  But I can move the 3 files to another folder, but I still
> > cannot access them.  When I tried to copy the files in the new folder I
> > got
> > the following: "Cannot copy <file name>: Access is denied.  The source
> > file
> > may be in use."
> >
> > When the 3 problem files went bad, why would these 3 files be the only 3
> > of
> > the many without an author, and having only the General Tab in the
> > Properties
> > display?  This seems to be the major difference between the operating
> > files
> > and the 3 non-operating files.
> >
> > Just a little history on 2 of the 3 problem files.  2 of the problem files
> > were the only files modified on 01-30-05.  On that day we had ice storms
> > that
> > caused multiple outages.  My battery backup failed each time the power
> > went
> > out causing the computer to have an abnormal shut down.  The 3rd problem
> > file
> > was modified 3 days later; but no abnormal shut downs.  Go figure???????
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you reboot your pc?
> >>
> >> If yes and you still can't access it, how about using windows explorer
> >> and
> >> copying to a new name and opening that copy?
> >>
> >> If the file is on a network drive, can you ask your IT folks to reboot
> >> that
> >> server?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Dave Peterson

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:15:02 -0800, "tomgillane"
<tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Things are starting to change for some reason or another.  I am now getting
>a new message when trying to access these files.  I no longer get "cannot
>access read-only <file name>".  I now get "<file name> cannot be accessed.
>The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only
>location.  Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.".

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP
0
Gord
2/7/2005 5:02:31 PM
Tom,

Since you can email them, have you sent them to someone else to see if they
can open them?  Which version of Excel are you using?  That may tell us if
it's the filesl, or your Excel or OS.

Since we're in the tall grass for sure now, try saving the email attachment
as a different name.  Then see if it will open.

It appeared first as if the operating system had the file locked.  But now
it appears more like the file is damaged.

--

> [...]
>> > 3
>> > of
>> > the many without an author, and having only the General Tab in the
>> > Properties
>> > display?  This seems to be the major difference between the operating
>> > files
>> > and the 3 non-operating files.
>> >
>> > Just a little history on 2 of the 3 problem files.  2 of the problem
>> > files
>> > were the only files modified on 01-30-05.  On that day we had ice
>> > storms
>> > that
>> > caused multiple outages.  My battery backup failed each time the power
>> > went
>> > out causing the computer to have an abnormal shut down.  The 3rd
>> > problem
>> > file
>> > was modified 3 days later; but no abnormal shut downs.  Go

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/7/2005 9:33:51 PM
Gord,

Thanks for the help but all of these fixes have been tried.  I give up
trying to correct it myself with MS help.  I am bringing the computer to a
local PC Repair company.  Thanks again for the try.

Tom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:15:02 -0800, "tomgillane"
> <tomgillane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Things are starting to change for some reason or another.  I am now getting
> >a new message when trying to access these files.  I no longer get "cannot
> >access read-only <file name>".  I now get "<file name> cannot be accessed.
> >The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only
> >location.  Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.".
>
> Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.
>
> Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
> Exit Excel and try again
>
> If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel
>
> Close Excel first and
> On the Windows Taskbar
>
> 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
> 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
> See the space between exe and /regserver
>
> You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
> In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

You may want to try openoffice.  Lots of people have said that it's recovered
workbooks that excel couldn't.

(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services.  I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
0

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Detect if Excel file is "read only"???
If I open an Excel file which someone is currently using, Excel will display a caption in the title bar that says "read only". Excel is probably telling me that the file is read only because another user currently is using the file. My question is, does Excel have a function (or can I create my own) which returns TRUE if the file is "read only" or FALSE otherwise??? I'm mostly interested in a function that returns TRUE if Excel displays the "read only" caption due to the file's state of being in use. thank you if activeworkbook.ReadOnl...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line
Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line I have tried every way I know to get around this problem to no avail. Below is a sample of the read receipts I need to filter to only my read receipt folder. Keep in mind, the number for each receipt will be a higher number, like 1570, 1571, etc. Read: iCare (v3.0.33) iComment ID 1569 Confirmation I have the following rules in place. Read: iCare (v3.033) iComment ID in subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder Read: in the subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder iCare (v3.0.33) Confirmation move it to the iComments folder except i...

Erro while importing SOP documents using Integration Manager
I've been using Integration Manager to import sales transactions into GP. The procedures and integration has been the same for several years now. Just this morning I started getting the following error message for some of the documents: DOC 2 WARNING: 'Override Shortage' option was selected for quantity shortage on Line 1 for item 666999258259 The integration completes however the system will not allow me to post the batch. I checked a few items associated with the error and there is no quantities on hand however that has not caused a problem in the past. Thanks for you...

access mail on WEB

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Can't get document to print preview or print in color
I'm using Publisher 2007 to create a monthly newsletter. The document is in color while I'm working on it but when I print preview it shows black/white. I've tried to toggle using the color/grayscale button but it just stays black/white. It also won't print in color. However, when I email it to others, they can view and print it in color. I've tried using my original program disk to "fix" Publisher and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I'm having a blonde moment and think there must be an easy fix for this but I'm at a loss...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...