can you single click to open files in word and excell?

Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
excell files?
0
lvinning (3)

There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a
single click open the file.

Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab
At the bottom of that dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a
> single click open the file.
>
> Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab
> At the bottom of that dialog.
>
> lvinning wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
> > excell files?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
lvinning (3)
4/25/2005 5:30:04 PM
Do you mean in the file|open dialog or from a hyperlink on the worksheet?

I put a hyperlink on the worksheet and it just required a single click
(xl2003)--IIRC, it's ctrl-click in MSWord 2003.

And it was just one click in the File|Open dialog in excel 2003, too.

I guess I don't understand where you're clicking/double clicking on the file
name.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Do you mean in the file|open dialog or from a hyperlink on the worksheet?
>
> I put a hyperlink on the worksheet and it just required a single click
> (xl2003)--IIRC, it's ctrl-click in MSWord 2003.
>
> And it was just one click in the File|Open dialog in excel 2003, too.
>
> I guess I don't understand where you're clicking/double clicking on the file
> name.
>
> lvinning wrote:
> >
> > I have it set to that level, but once I'm inside of word or excell, you're
> > required to double click on a file name before it will open.  Some other
> > windows programs allow a single click to open.  Do you know if Word and
> > Excell allow it?
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a
> > > single click open the file.
> > >
> > > Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
lvinning (3)
4/25/2005 6:04:05 PM
I changed that setting (under control panel) and did a file|open inside Excel.
The single click did open the folder.

Maybe someone can test it using xl2k.  You did change that windows setting,
right?

And to get better results, you may want to post your version of windows, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

How to tell if a form is open
I want to know how to return a value telling me whether or not a form is currently open. Something like this pseudo-code: If Forms![new appointment].Open = True Then 'send harry a box of chocolates' End If Cheers -- Nick Assuming Access 2000 or later: If CurrentProject.AllForms("new appointment").IsLoaded Then -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Nick Heath" <NickHeath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Blocking mouse clicks #2
In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks. How could I achieve this? What's wrong with BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor()? AliR. "Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xWfY4pRFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor. > I'm using Martyn's CPersi...

Can not Customize Leads View

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Bulk attachments

right click
how can I ban right clicks on my pages - I dont really want people to click wrongly on buttons. also how would I stop the code for me to work on it though!! Amy You can use a event for this Copy this in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub See Chip Pearson's site also http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1df101c50c2b$bf1fb360$a...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Can't delete email #2

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Cannot open attachments
Using Outlook 03 I cannot open html attachments. I can open images (jpg, etc). What is blocking the html attachments? I tried cleaning all the temp files that did not help. Should I just blow out the profile and start again? I wouldn't blow away the profile just yet. Do you get any errors messages? What happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsl...