Can web page run an addin?

I'm interested to know if Excel can be automatically
opened via a web page having an xla extension and auto run
run its code (as it possible with an xls extension). And
likewise as an inline email (I don't mean attachment).

In XL2000 I can set my security level to Medium or High,
and check the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates".
This way I get workbook macro protection but my useful
addins can run without annoying warnings.

I'm happy to do this on the understanding that it's only
me who can control whether or not to run any addin. But do
I understand correctly?

Thanks
Dan
0
anonymous (74725)

I'm not sure of all the details but I think that the addin
would have to be open as a spreadsheet and saved as a Web
page.  The the addin web page would have to be opened on
the server so that the front end worksheet would have
access to it.

It might be better to have a VB function available rather
than an addin.

Perhaps the experts will know better.

Regards
Peter
Thank you Peter for replying and your comments,

Since I first posted I now realize that the
checking "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" means
exactly what it says, ie those I have already installed
myself. So in once sense the basis of my original question
does not apply.  However ...

If I double click file *.xla it will open Excel with a
blank page (if security level allows) and possibly run
code.  I'm probably being a bit paranoid but to put my
mind at rest I'd like to know that similar cannot be done
via html!

Thanks,
Dan

0
anonymous (74725)

Removing Page or Section Break
I am editing a document and when I turn on characters, I have run across these "Chinese Star" characters that seem to act like page breaks. According to other articles listed in newsgroups, there are no page breaks. How do I get rid of this character? ...

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Outlook Web Access & Sent Items
Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would like to be able to turn it off per user, or at least let them deselect it like they can in Outlook. Thanks in advance. In news:5C4CD94F-F424-4653-A79C-461F1D4C1681@microsoft.com, DHood <DHood@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello all, > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not > automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would > like to be able to turn it off per user, ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

navigate from HTML page in resource
Hello, I use WebBrowser Control to navigate in Web page. But I have a problem with HTML page in resource. I can load these pages with : TCHAR tszPath[MAX_PATH]; CString strURL; GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), tszPath, sizeof(tszPath)); strURL.Format(_T("res://%s/%d"), tszPath, IDR_TUTO_10); m_wndWebbrowser.Navigate(strURL,0,0,0,0); But if the page contain a Picture (.jpg) , instead of having the picture I have nothing, only a red cross. How can I include the JPG to my resource and to show it when the HTML page is loade ?? Thx in advance, and excuse me for my very ba...

Can not archive

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Running simple business using office
Hi, I'm a student and have begun selling some books on amazon. I wanted to develop my business process skills so see it as running a small business. I want to use office to store my 'inventory,' transactions, generate simple invoices and perform some simple analysis e.g. how much i made in a month. (I have student edition with excel and word) I want to keep one data source from which I can perform these tasks. I've got a lot of programming experience but its more from a business process perspective i'm interested. e.g. the best way to store and manipulate the data. I would ...