Can't see macro

I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is not in
my options.
It is in the workbook.
What am I doing wrong?
All the other macros are there.

Joe

Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill <markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
'Dim vRows As Integer
   ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David McRitchie
   ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect entire row
   If vRows <> 1 Then
    vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
      "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
      Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
    If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
   End If

   'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
   'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line

   'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
   Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
   ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
       Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
   i = 0
   For Each sht In _
       Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
    Sheets(sht.Name).Select
    i = i + 1
    shts(i) = sht.Name

    Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
     Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown

    Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
     rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault

    On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range -- John McKee
2000/02/01
    ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
    Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
     SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
   Next sht
   Worksheets(shts).Select

End Sub

Hi Joe
where did you put the macro?. It has to go into a stantdard module (not
into 'ThisWorkbook')

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:uYn$GRxJEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
> I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is
not in
> my options.
> It is in the workbook.
> What am I doing wrong?
> All the other macros are there.
>
> Joe
>

> Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
> ' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
> ' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill
<markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
> 'Dim vRows As Integer
>    ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David
McRitchie
>    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect
entire row
>    If vRows <> 1 Then
>     vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
>       "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
>       Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
>     If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
>    End If
>
>    'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
>    'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line
>
>    'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
>    Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
>    ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
>        Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
>    i = 0
>    For Each sht In _
>        Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
>     Sheets(sht.Name).Select
>     i = i + 1
>     shts(i) = sht.Name
>
>     Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
>      Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown
>
>     Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
>      rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault
>
>     On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range -- John
McKee
> 2000/02/01
>     ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
>     Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
>      SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
>    Next sht
>    Worksheets(shts).Select
>
> End Sub

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/20/2004 8:20:57 PM
Yes Frank, it is in a module. The other macro in the module I can see. Just
not this one.
Do I have to get at it a different way?

Joe

> Hi Joe
> where did you put the macro?. It has to go into a stantdard module (not
> into 'ThisWorkbook')
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:uYn$GRxJEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
> > I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is
> not in
> > my options.
> > It is in the workbook.
> > What am I doing wrong?
> > All the other macros are there.
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
> > ' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
> > ' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill
> <markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
> > 'Dim vRows As Integer
> >    ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David
> McRitchie
> >    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect
> entire row
> >    If vRows <> 1 Then
> >     vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
> >       "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
> >       Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
> >     If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
> >    End If
> >
> >    'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
> >    'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line
> >
> >    'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
> >    Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
> >    ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
> >        Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
> >    i = 0
> >    For Each sht In _
> >        Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
> >     Sheets(sht.Name).Select
> >     i = i + 1
> >     shts(i) = sht.Name
> >
> >     Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
> >      Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown
> >
> >     Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
> >      rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault
> >
> >     On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range -- John
> McKee
> > 2000/02/01
> >     ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
> >     Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
> >      SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
> >    Next sht
> >    Worksheets(shts).Select
> >
> > End Sub

Hi

I think you have private before the macro name

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Xmg8XxJEHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Yes Frank, it is in a module. The other macro in the module I can see. Just
> not this one.
> Do I have to get at it a different way?
>
> Joe
>
> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
> > Hi Joe
> > where did you put the macro?. It has to go into a stantdard module (not
> > into 'ThisWorkbook')
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:uYn$GRxJEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
> > > I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is
> > not in
> > > my options.
> > > It is in the workbook.
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > > All the other macros are there.
> > >
> > > Joe
> > >

> > > Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
> > > ' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
> > > ' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill
> > <markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
> > > 'Dim vRows As Integer
> > >    ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David
> > McRitchie
> > >    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect
> > entire row
> > >    If vRows <> 1 Then
> > >     vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
> > >       "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
> > >       Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
> > >     If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
> > >    End If
> > >
> > >    'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
> > >    'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line
> > >
> > >    'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
> > >    Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
> > >    ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
> > >        Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
> > >    i = 0
> > >    For Each sht In _
> > >        Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
> > >     Sheets(sht.Name).Select
> > >     i = i + 1
> > >     shts(i) = sht.Name
> > >
> > >     Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
> > >      Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown
> > >
> > >     Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
> > >      rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault
> > >
> > >     On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range -- John
> > McKee
> > > 2000/02/01
> > >     ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
> > >     Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
> > >      SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
> > >    Next sht
> > >    Worksheets(shts).Select
> > >
> > > End Sub

0
rondebruin (3789)
4/20/2004 8:50:52 PM
Hi
probably you have declared your function as private. e.g.
Pivate sub foo()

change this to
Public sub foo()

--

Newsbeitrag news:#Xmg8XxJEHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Yes Frank, it is in a module. The other macro in the module I can
see. Just
> not this one.
> Do I have to get at it a different way?
>
> Joe
>
> "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message
> > Hi Joe
> > where did you put the macro?. It has to go into a stantdard module
(not
> > into 'ThisWorkbook')
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:uYn$GRxJEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
> > > I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it
is
> > not in
> > > my options.
> > > It is in the workbook.
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > > All the other macros are there.
> > >
> > > Joe
> > >

> > > Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
> > > ' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
> > > ' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill
> > <markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
> > > 'Dim vRows As Integer
> > >    ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David
> > McRitchie
> > >    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect
> > entire row
> > >    If vRows <> 1 Then
> > >     vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
> > >       "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
> > >       Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
> > >     If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
> > >    End If
> > >
> > >    'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
> > >    'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line
> > >
> > >    'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
> > >    Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
> > >    ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
> > >        Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
> > >    i = 0
> > >    For Each sht In _
> > >        Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
> > >     Sheets(sht.Name).Select
> > >     i = i + 1
> > >     shts(i) = sht.Name
> > >
> > >     Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
> > >      Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown
> > >
> > >     Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
> > >      rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault
> > >
> > >     On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range --
John
> > McKee
> > > 2000/02/01
> > >     ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
> > >     Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
> > >      SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
> > >    Next sht
> > >    Worksheets(shts).Select
> > >
> > > End Sub

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/20/2004 8:57:59 PM
Joe

The macro InsertRowAndFillFormulas cannot be seen in Tools>Macro>Macros or run
directly because it has an argument (Optional vRows As Long).

You can call it from another Sub directly.

Sub RunInsertRowsSub()
   Call InsertRowsAndFillFormulas
End Sub

Go to View>Toolbars.  Open the Forms Toolbar.  Select Button Icon and create a
button on your worksheet by dragging the cross to fit.  Right-click and
"Assign Macro".

Select "RunInsertRowsSub" as the macro to assign.

This macro will run the InsertRowsAndFillFormulas macro.

If you want a button on a Toolbar, go to Tools>Customize>Commands.  Scroll
down to "Macros" and drag the Smiley Face button to your Toolbar.  Right-click
on that and "Assign Macro".

Note the other options for editing and changing the Icon image.

Gord

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:20:00 -0400, "lunker55"
<this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am experimenting with a macro from David McRitchie's page:
>I create a custom button, and when I try to assign the macro, it is not in
>my options.
>It is in the workbook.
>What am I doing wrong?
>All the other macros are there.
>
>Joe
>

>Sub Insert_Rows_And_Fill_Formulas(Optional vRows As Long)
>' Documented:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
>' Re: Insert Rows --   1997/09/24 Mark Hill <markhill@charm.net.noSpam>
>'Dim vRows As Integer
>   ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David McRitchie
>   ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select  'So you do not have to preselect entire row
>   If vRows <> 1 Then
>    vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
>      "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows", _
>      Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is number
>    If vRows = False Then Exit Sub
>   End If
>
>   'if you just want to add cells and not entire rows
>   'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following line
>
>   'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheets
>   Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Integer
>   ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook. _
>       Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count)
>   i = 0
>   For Each sht In _
>       Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
>    Sheets(sht.Name).Select
>    i = i + 1
>    shts(i) = sht.Name
>
>    Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow. _
>     Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDown
>
>    Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize( _
>     rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefault
>
>    On Error Resume Next    'to handle no constants in range -- John McKee
>2000/02/01
>    ' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manville
>    Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
>     SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents
>   Next sht
>   Worksheets(shts).Select
>
>End Sub

0
Gord

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

coping a sheet with macro
On my worksheet (totals hours worked each day for all employes) I have macro assigned to a button (update) on the worksheet which copies th sheet, deletes all data and then updates the dates to the next week The problem is, when I click the button and it copies the worksheet i always uses the original sheet (sheet1) instead of using the ne updated sheet (sheet2,3,ect.) when I run the macro each additiona time. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As I understand it, the button is on the 1st sheet of your workbook. You click the butto...

Excel 1004 Error When Pasting Special W/ Macro
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with this macro...it has me really confused because it was working earlier, but now it hangs on this line of code (it is asterisked below) Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False This macro runs when the workbook opens and copies the contents of one sheet and pastes only the values to another sheet. The range that is being copied from and pasted to are both the same size. I have also tried this by selecting the upper-leftmost cell in the area I want to paste to but it has ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Save As Macro
When I regularly receive Excel files, make some changes and then save them in my departments directory for reference. This is an obscure directory that requires file save as, new drive and drilling down several sub- directories. Can I automate the save as by opening up the save as pop up to a particular directory instead of the last one used. I would appreciate any help. Hi If you run this small macro at a time before the manual SaveAs operation, it should start in the spesified folder: Sub PrepareFolder() ChDrive "D:\Sound" ChDir "D:\Sound" End Sub -- HTH. Best...

macro copy data in one sheet
I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data to one sheet like this: Sheet1 Sheet 2 3 7 4 5 9 8 In sheet 3 3 4 9 7 5 8 Thanks!! See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:433d99cc-d7b7-4e2b-9d3c-211e77a74caf@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data > to one sheet like this: > > S...

Phantom Macro
Every time my spreadsheet is opened, a dialog box comes up and ask if macros should be 'enabled' or 'disabled'. There are no macros in this spreadsheet. How do I stop the dialog from appearing? Using Windows XP & Excel 2002. Thanks, Barney You may want to double check for code--it can hide in a few spots. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Barney wrote: > > Every time my spreadsheet is opened, a dialog box comes up and ask if macros > should be 'enabled' or 'disabled'. There are ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

Find&Replace on a lot of *.doc' s via an excel macro?
Need an excel macro code, that when executed will open a spesific folder (full of *.doc files) accept a search string and a replacement from the keyboard, search all of the documents for that string and if find it in anywere on any of them files, replaces all, saves the changed *.docs. Is there such a thing? TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.700 / Virus Database: 457 - Release Date: 06.06.2004 If you write it. You can get the code to do a replace in word by going...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Simple Hyperlink Macro
Hi. I am using MS Excel 2003, and I am very new to the program. I don't know how to use visual basic or programming of any kind. I need help with a macro, and I'm hoping this is the best place to ask for help. I have a worksheet entitled "NT." In column "A" I have a very long list of vocabulary words (not alphabetized). For reasons I won't bother you with, I want to establish hyperlinks for each of these words (column A) in another worksheet entitled "LINKS" (also in column A). Thus, when I click on the hyperlink for a word in LINKS, I will...

Macro for graphing
I am trying to create a macro that will move the data range used in an XY graph backward or forward by on cell at a time. I have a very large data set and want to graph 30 XY points and be able to step backward and forward throught the data and watch the graphs change. Can anyone show me how to create this macro? Jeff -- jrussl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jrussl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35427 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=551961 You don't need a m...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Macro that sorts not working
We have a 4 computer peer to peer network. The "server" computer has it's own drive letter that all the computers read (I am a novice as you might tell). On a spreadsheet that we use for customer information and invoicing I have a macro that opens another workbook, activates that other workbook, pastes information from the original workbook, sorts that information by activating a macro stored in that particular workbook, closes and saves that workbook, then activates the original workbook again. My problem is this. That macro scenario above works on the "server" ...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

How to assign a macro to a toolbar button?
Hi, I have recorded a macro in Visio 2003. I would like to assign it to a new button on a new toolbar (or even an existing toolbar). I can't find a way to do this. I used to make these macro buttons in Excel and Word but I think the procedure has been changed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in avance. AJZ ...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...

Macro checkbox
Word, making a template. I used form menu, chk box form field. The "X" (when checked) isn't dark enough for our taste so I'm trying to design an alternative that would be DARKER. So instead, I put in a text form field in a small cell with a border. Type is regular text, one position, uppercase. Thus when I put in an "x" it prints a bold "X" in the cell. Rather than my way of having to put an "x" in the field, is there a macro I could put in the text form macro on entry field that would toggle a space (like the real chk box) between a ...

Macro Blunder
I seem to have lost the toolbar that pops up when you prompt Excel t create a new macro. The toolbar with the stop button and the relative reference button i gone. How do I get it back??? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com nkob Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar>Close Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet. Hit "X" to close it(but not while you are recording). It will pop up next ...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Forms Buttons for use with macro
Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. Win 2003 XP PC Colleague is putting buttons (with macros) into a spreadsheet but would like to color them. I can't see where you could. Or can they? Tnx Pat Tell your colleague to use the command button from the Control toolbox toolbar. Rightclick on it in design mode and show its properties. Change the .backcolor. Or tell him/her to use a shape from the drawing toolbar and color it anyway he/she wants. "Ms. Tude" wrote: > > Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. > > Win 2003 XP ...