Can't save Excel using Save button,

When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla
could not be found.  Check spelling of file name and verify that the file
location is correct."  I have never named any of files by that name and don't
know what it refers to.  I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand
corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the
save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel
document
0
hainstol (1)

This may help...
xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199

--

Dave Peterson
0

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

ayuda con formula excel
quiero saber se me puede ayudar en eso praticamente yo quiero una formula da enserir an la celda CANCELLARE (mira foto para entender) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.jpg [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.th.jpg] que quando uno presiona la tecla CANCELLARE se borre todo el contenido de la linea detras de CANCELLARE o vero ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) y trambien se tendrian que borrar en la hoja (tabla de datos ) donde estan lo mismo valore de ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) o vero ( A7-B7-C7-D7-E7- F7-G7 )( mira la foto abajo ) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9799/32649272.jp...

Excel window keeps changing
Hi, I have a weird problem on my home computer while using Excel. If I don't use the screen for a few minutes, the Excel window shrinks to about a fourth of its size. So I have to click it again to either Maximize or resize to about 90% full size, which I prefer using. It is by no means a fatal fault, but verry annoying! Any pointers? Amer ...

How do I Click a Command Button on another protected spreadsheet from mine?
I need to copy information from my spreadsheet to another 3rd party protected spreadsheet and Click a Command Button on it, and then the Start button when it appears. And then maybe enter info into a login screen if I'm not connected to the internet, because it goes to a Government site to return information into the spreadsheet. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks now for any help. ...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Excel 2008 hanges when deleting cells or rows
Anyone know of a problem with Excel 2008 hanging when deleting? I have a large spreadsheet with all my banking history in it Today after doing a statement download to a .csv and then cutting and pasting into the spreadsheet I tried to delete a few repeated lines and got an hourglass. Eventually I had to kill off Excel. I repeated the cut and paste then did the same delete and had exactly the same problem. deleting just a single cell does the same. Next time I saved after the paste, shut down Excel and restarted again, same problem. I can navigate around the sheet OK, edit cells OK, but as soon...

How can I mark rows in Excel so I can use this information to set.
It used to be so simple when I had used a database in Microsoft Works. Now I have an XP, had to get my address databases changed to Excel (by an online company) and I'm not up to snuff on how to work with this now. I'd like to mark certain addresses so I can pull them out for a partial mailing. Can this be done in Excel? I'm a 63-yr-old grandma, no formal training on the computer, have learned and am learning everything the hard way. Hi assuming that you have headings (like name / address etc) across row 1 and your data starts in row 2 then in in a column at the end of yo...

Dos command for Excel
Hi, Is there Dos command to support Excel files? Thanks. Molly Molly Kay wrote: > Is there Dos command to support Excel files? Well, you can use COPY to copy an Excel file, or ERASE to erase it, but this isn't what you have in mind, I'm sure. What are you trying to accomplish? ...

Saving Images

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

C++ Automation of excel
Where are the constants being used in the xl constants (such as xlPasteAll) listed that I can use them in VC++ automation code? or is there an include library that I can pull in to the code? Thanks in advance. create your own enum that looks like this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbaxl11/html/xlmthPaste1_HV03088335.asp Look under xlPasteTypes AliR. "Ven" <Ven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F134B653-D721-48F9-B615-BBDCBFA34CEA@microsoft.com... > Where are the constants being used in the xl constants (such as xlPa...

Excel loses linked workbook
I have an error (or don’t understand the workings of the new version of excel). I have a workbook G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P05\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx. This workbook is linked to the period 04 version workbook (G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P04\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx). Note it is has the same file name but is held in a different location. It links to cell D47 of period 4 and then adds current month. The formula works ok but when I save the document the links get broken and the cells become a circular reference. I can’t understand why. I ha...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Recalculate in Excel mobile?
In Excel on my PC, I can press F9 to recalculate - to re-roll a virtual dice, in this case. My PDA doesn't have an F9 key, and I can't spot anything obvious on the menus. Suggestions? I've now tried creating an ActiveX control - a button that calculates. Works fine on the PC, doesn't even appear in Excel Mobile. Not really any surprise, I suppose. Tools>Option>Calculation tab, Calculate Now? I don't know Excel Mobile. Can you record a macro to do that? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <janewilliams20@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1135260390.867070.12353...

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

EXCEL #153
EXCELL - CAN ONLY ENTER 15 DIGITS, ENTERING MORE SHOW ZERO'S?? Please do not post with CAPS Lock on it is hard to read and considered rude. You should check your HELP and look up "specification limit" these are limitations built in or limitations that Excel must work with. You should not be using a numeric field for a credit card number for instance because it is not treated arithmetically, you should be using identification information at text. When you enter a 16 digit credit card 'number' the first 15 digits are the most significant digits and will be retai...