Can't Kill file?

The below code works great, thank God for many of you who
have helped me. However, I can't seem to delete the file I
am writing to the temporary folder. The code writes to the
folder, then picks up the email attachment from the
folder, but fails at the Kill statement that refers to
that folder and gives the following error: Run-time
error '53' file not found. Yet when I go there the file is
present. Do I have to close something? I tried a wb.close,
but it didn't help.

Public iMsg As Object
Public iConf As Object
Public wb As Workbook
Public WBname As String
Public Location As String

Private Sub btnSubmitForm_Click()

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Set wb = ThisWorkbook
    Location = "http://root.any/temporary/"
    WBname = "UtilityForm" & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy")
& ".xls"

    wb.SaveAs Location & WBname

    Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

        iConf.Load -1    ' CDO Source Defaults
        Set Flds = iConf.Fields
        With Flds
            .Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing"
) = 2
            .Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver
") = "XXX-xx"
            .Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver
port") = 25
            .Update
        End With

     With iMsg
        Set .Configuration = iConf
        .To = "john.smith@any.org"
        .CC = ""
        .BCC = ""
        .From = """Insite Web Form"" <WebManager@any.org>"
        .Subject = "Faser Account Form"
        .TextBody = ""
        .AddAttachment Location & WBname
        .Send
    End With

    Kill Location & WBname
    Set iMsg = Nothing
    Set iConf = Nothing
    Set WB1 = Nothing
    Set WB2 = Nothing
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Thank you in advance
God bless you

0
anonymous (74722)

Andy

Try changing your SaveAs to

wb.SaveCopyAs Location & WBname

I'd guess you're getting an error because the workbook is open.  Using
wb.Close stops execution of the code (because the code is in the workbook
you are closing) so the Kill statement never executes.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The below code works great, thank God for many of you who
> have helped me. However, I can't seem to delete the file I
> am writing to the temporary folder. The code writes to the
> folder, then picks up the email attachment from the
> folder, but fails at the Kill statement that refers to
> that folder and gives the following error: Run-time
> error '53' file not found. Yet when I go there the file is
> present. Do I have to close something? I tried a wb.close,
> but it didn't help.
>
> Public iMsg As Object
> Public iConf As Object
> Public wb As Workbook
> Public WBname As String
> Public Location As String
>
> Private Sub btnSubmitForm_Click()
>
>     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>     Set wb = ThisWorkbook
>     Location = "http://root.any/temporary/"
>     WBname = "UtilityForm" & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy")
> & ".xls"
>
>     wb.SaveAs Location & WBname
>
>     Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
>     Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
>
>         iConf.Load -1    ' CDO Source Defaults
>         Set Flds = iConf.Fields
>         With Flds
>             .Item
> ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing"
> ) = 2
>             .Item
> ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver
> ") = "XXX-xx"
>             .Item
> ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver
> port") = 25
>             .Update
>         End With
>
>      With iMsg
>         Set .Configuration = iConf
>         .To = "john.smith@any.org"
>         .CC = ""
>         .BCC = ""
>         .From = """Insite Web Form"" <WebManager@any.org>"
>         .Subject = "Faser Account Form"
>         .TextBody = ""
>         .AddAttachment Location & WBname
>         .Send
>     End With
>
>     Kill Location & WBname
>     Set iMsg = Nothing
>     Set iConf = Nothing
>     Set WB1 = Nothing
>     Set WB2 = Nothing
>     Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>
> Thank you in advance
> God bless you

0
dickk (90)
4/27/2004 8:37:58 PM
Hi Dic
  Thanks for your suggestion. However, I originally had the code as SaveCopyAs, and the code bombs at that point and gives an error something like can't find file... I will write the exact message tomorrow when I get to work

Thanks again, perhaps I just didn't set things up correct.
God bless  yo

     ----- Dick Kusleika wrote: ----

     And

     Try changing your SaveAs t

     wb.SaveCopyAs Location & WBnam

     I'd guess you're getting an error because the workbook is open.  Usin
     wb.Close stops execution of the code (because the code is in the workboo
     you are closing) so the Kill statement never executes

     --
     Dick Kusleik
     MVP - Exce
     Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Exce
     www.dicks-blog.co

     "andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
     > The below code works great, thank God for many of you wh
     > have helped me. However, I can't seem to delete the file
     > am writing to the temporary folder. The code writes to th
     > folder, then picks up the email attachment from th
     > folder, but fails at the Kill statement that refers t
     > that folder and gives the following error: Run-tim
     > error '53' file not found. Yet when I go there the file i
     > present. Do I have to close something? I tried a wb.close
     > but it didn't help
     >> Public iMsg As Objec
     > Public iConf As Objec
     > Public wb As Workboo
     > Public WBname As Strin
     > Public Location As Strin
     >> Private Sub btnSubmitForm_Click(
     >>     Application.ScreenUpdating = Fals
     >     Set wb = ThisWorkboo
     >     Location = "http://root.any/temporary/
     >     WBname = "UtilityForm" & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy"
     >& ".xls
     >>     wb.SaveAs Location & WBnam
     >>     Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message"
     >     Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration"
     >>         iConf.Load -1    ' CDO Source Default
     >         Set Flds = iConf.Field
     >         With Fld
     >             .Ite
     > ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing
     > ) =
     >             .Ite
     > ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserve
     > ") = "XXX-xx
     >             .Ite
     > ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserve
     > port") = 2
     >             .Updat
     >         End Wit
     >>      With iMs
     >         Set .Configuration = iCon
     >         .To = "john.smith@any.org
     >         .CC = "
     >         .BCC = "
     >         .From = """Insite Web Form"" <WebManager@any.org>
     >         .Subject = "Faser Account Form
     >         .TextBody = "
     >         .AddAttachment Location & WBnam
     >         .Sen
     >     End Wit
     >>     Kill Location & WBnam
     >     Set iMsg = Nothin
     >     Set iConf = Nothin
     >     Set WB1 = Nothin
     >     Set WB2 = Nothin
     >     Application.ScreenUpdating = Tru
     > End Su
     >> Thank you in advanc
     > God bless yo

If I read your code correctly you still have the file open.

You can not kill a file whilst it is ope

Thank you for your reply
I agree that the file that I did a wb.SaveAs on is still
probabally open. However, as Dick pointed out, if I close
the wb then the rest of the code doesn't execute. And
anyway, if I understand correctly the wb object references
the ThisWorkbook, which is not the file written by the
SaveAs.

How do I close this file?
Do I let the code finish, then close the wb object, and
somehow reopen a different wb which reference the file
which was written by the SaveAs, then kill it?

Please give code sample of whatever suggestions you can
make. I appreciate your help

Thank you
God bless you

0
anonymous (74722)
4/28/2004 12:01:33 PM
Greetings Dick,
  I'm back at work, and these are the specifics. First a
question. You mentioned that the file is still open, and
by doing a wb.close the code will stop executing and the
kill will never happen. I will take out the wb.close. How
do I close the file which was the result of the SaveAs? so
that then I can kill it? Also, if it is open then how does
the email send it as an attachment (I thought it had to be
closed to send)? or is the email .AddAttachment, and
the .send keeping the file open somehow? How do I close it?

OR
  I originally had the code as SaveCopyAs, however the
code always stops at the SaveCopyAs statement with the
following error: "run-time error '1004':
Method 'SaveCopyAs' of object'_Workbook' failed".
I then used the debugger to see where it stopped, which is
on the SaveCopyAs line, and then tried to start the code
running from that point again. This time it gives me the
following error: "run-time
error '1004': 'http://insite.mncppc.temporary/FaserAcctForm
28-04-04.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of
the file name, and verify that the file location is
correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list
of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure
that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted."

 Its as though it is trying to find the file it is
supposed to be writing before it has written it!

If I stop the code and then restart it from there I get
the following error: "run-time error '1004': Application-
defined or object-defined error."

Please give me any suggestions as how to resolve this
(please include code samples).

Thank you in advance
God bless you

<WebManager@any.org>"
>>         .Subject = "Faser Account Form"
>>         .TextBody = ""
>>         .AddAttachment Location & WBname
>>         .Send
>>     End With
>>
>>     Kill Location & WBname
>>     Set iMsg = Nothing
>>     Set iConf = Nothing
>>     Set WB1 = Nothing
>>     Set WB2 = Nothing
>>     Application.ScreenUpdating = True
>> End Sub
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>> God bless you
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/28/2004 12:21:56 PM
Andy

>   I'm back at work, and these are the specifics. First a
> question. You mentioned that the file is still open, and
> by doing a wb.close the code will stop executing and the
> kill will never happen. I will take out the wb.close. How
> do I close the file which was the result of the SaveAs? so
> that then I can kill it?

The only way you can do that is to have your code in a different workbook.
The file that is the result of the SaveAs is the file with the code in it.

>Also, if it is open then how does
> the email send it as an attachment (I thought it had to be
> closed to send)? or is the email .AddAttachment, and
> the .send keeping the file open somehow? How do I close it?

It sends the file that's saved to the disk.  The file that is open is
actually a temp file until it is saved.  That's why there's no problem
sending and "open" file.  The .AddAttachment and .Send are not opening the
file.

> OR
>   I originally had the code as SaveCopyAs, however the
> code always stops at the SaveCopyAs statement with the
> following error: "run-time error '1004':
> Method 'SaveCopyAs' of object'_Workbook' failed".

I don't know why SaveCopyAs would cause that error.  I've never had a
problem using it.  The only thing I found on Google was a problem when the
name already existed.  However, when I tested it I couldn't reproduce that
problem.

Maybe it's a problem with where you're saving it.  Try changing your
location to your local disk and using SaveCopyAs.  If it works without
error, at least you've isolated the problem.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel
Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel
www.dicks-blog.com

0
dickk (90)
4/28/2004 5:00:00 PM
Actually, you can kill that open workbook:

This was posted by Jim Rech:

 Sub testme()

   With ThisWorkbook
        .Saved = True
        .ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
        Kill .FullName
        .Close SaveChanges:=False
    End With

 End Sub

"mudraker <" wrote:

> If I read your code correctly you still have the file open.
>
> You can not kill a file whilst it is open
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
4/28/2004 11:17:55 PM
Dave

Wow.  There's something not right about that, but it's pretty cool.

--

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> Actually, you can kill that open workbook:
>
> This was posted by Jim Rech:
>
>  Sub testme()
>
>    With ThisWorkbook
>         .Saved = True
>         .ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
>         Kill .FullName
>         .Close SaveChanges:=False
>     End With
>
>  End Sub

0
dickk (90)
4/29/2004 12:36:52 PM
I use it in all the mail Examples on my site Dick

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dick Kusleika" <dickk@paragonUNMUNGEconstructioninc.com> wrote in message news:%23MGaFbeLEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Dave
>
> Wow.  There's something not right about that, but it's pretty cool.
>
> --
> Dick Kusleika
> MVP - Excel
> Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel
> www.dicks-blog.com
>
> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Actually, you can kill that open workbook:
> >
> > This was posted by Jim Rech:
> >
> >  Sub testme()
> >
> >    With ThisWorkbook
> >         .Saved = True
> >         .ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
> >         Kill .FullName
> >         .Close SaveChanges:=False
> >     End With
> >
> >  End Sub

0
rondebruin (3789)
4/29/2004 12:41:20 PM
Hi Andy

More examples are on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

I think you have got a problem with this
Location = "http://root.any/temporary/"

Try to use a local folder to see if it is working then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54c401c42d18$8ccd8240$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Thank you for your reply
> I agree that the file that I did a wb.SaveAs on is still
> probabally open. However, as Dick pointed out, if I close
> the wb then the rest of the code doesn't execute. And
> anyway, if I understand correctly the wb object references
> the ThisWorkbook, which is not the file written by the
> SaveAs.
>
> How do I close this file?
> Do I let the code finish, then close the wb object, and
> somehow reopen a different wb which reference the file
> which was written by the SaveAs, then kill it?
>
> Please give code sample of whatever suggestions you can
> make. I appreciate your help
>
> Thank you
> God bless you

0
rondebruin (3789)

ErrorSmart-setup.exe , bad file or good file?
I ran the Malwarebytes virus checker, with definitions from about 5 days ago, and the only file it called bad was: ErrorSmart-setup.exe I dl'd this two years ago, but never installed it. It might have been called just setup.exe and I renamed it.** MBam says it was written by or is associated with "Rogue Installer" The file itself says it was written by AntiSpyware, LLC. I know that doesn't mean much, but on the web, the file seems to be praised, and sold as shareware for 20 dollars. For example: http://www.brothersoft.com/errorsmart-70046.html and htt...

How to Save an Excel file using VBA
Hi All, I have a tool called "TestPartner" which uses VBA to test the applications. My application opens an Excel file after submitting the data. Now, using the VBA in TestPartner I have to save that file. Following is the code written by me. Dim myExc As Object Dim myWb As Workbook Set myExc = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set myWb = Excel.ActiveWorkbook myWb.SaveAs ("Path") but this is not working. Please let me know how to save the Excel file which is already opened using VBA. Thanks, Suraj maybe Dim myExc As Object Dim myWb As Workbook Set myExc ...

Currency sign coming up as $ when file saved as =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3?=
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am having issues with Office - particularly Excel, changing currency signs to $. I am in the UK and would like the default to be the � sign. Is there a setting I can use to change this? Many Thanks, Random Hi I was just typing a similar question as I am having exactly the same problem. It sounds like it could be a fault. I too would appreciate any help from the folks out there. Yes, it is a known bug, and there is a fix for it in Service Release 12.1.0 which is due out any minute. The issue is that in ANSI, the &q...

System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in such a way that just part of the file is written? or an empty file is written? Also if the Close or Flush is to a streamwriter
System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in such a way that just part of the file is written? or an empty file is written? Also if the Close or Flush is to a streamwriter writing to a network share, is it possible for the network to go down in such a way that the tartet file is only partialy written? or are there some kind of check sums to prevent this. Daniel wrote: > System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in > such a way that just part of the file is written? I don't know if I understood this... Do you want to make ...

Outlook data file
I like to keep all of my data in separate partition from my OS and programs but my Outlook data file keep ending up in C:\Documents and Settings\scrane\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. How can I move it to G:\Mail as an example? Thank you If you move the file while Outlook is closed, and then point Outlook to it when Outlook complains it can't find the file, the location should stick. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:086...

Problems with data files/*.pst import/Contacts
Problem: Contacts File shows up empty. Address Book email names and addresses does show up properly. Background: Previously was using Outlook 2003 Pro on Windows XP Home. Had an increasing number of weird “buggy” problems in various applications, so finally decided to upgrade OS to Windows XP Pro by installing over XP Home as an alternative to re-formatting the hard drive and/or hacking the registry. (I’m pretty sure I was having registry issues). The new OS loaded successfully and I began re-installation of frequently-used software, including Office. Mistakenly installed Office ...

Kill Excel silently
Hi, I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file. I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an htm file. I then want to get out of Excel. I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight). I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel afte 1 minute. Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminate unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?! I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I st...

Monthly files
I have a monthly files where every day is a sheet, the beginning of which references a cell on the sheet before. Is there a way of having this done without introducing the link manualy on every sheet? Ex: A6 of Dec 10 = g24 of Dec 9, etc Thanks beforehand dimitry schaff, One way you could do this, is to set it up once and save it as a template file. The next time you open the file, to input data. When you are done, save the file as that Month.xls. The template would be MonthlyBudget.xlt (for example). If you did this in December 2009. The next time you open MonthlyBudg...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

Can't load my publisher files.
Two or three days ago Publissher started stalling when I try to load files back into program. I ran install, ran repair files, no fix. I would really like to know what happen. Thanks, for any information you have available. (1) You only need to post your question once. Some of us are not obsessive-compulsive about checking the newsgroup. We may need a half hour to see there is a question. (2) What version of Publisher? (3) Specifically, what happens when you try to open a file? (4) Are you double-clicking on a file name in Explorer or opening Publisher first and then browsing for ...

Extraction from mores files
Dear all From 234 files i need to collect data from specific cells, and add into a new spreadsheet(not summarized), so all the data is located underneath eachother - how can that be done ? Info: - The filenames has no pattern - Some cells can be empty Kind regards Lars Broberg On Jun 17, 1:41=A0pm, JP forum <lars.brob...@4040.dk> wrote: > Dear all > From 234 files i need to collect data from specific cells, and add > into a new spreadsheet(not summarized), so all the data is located > underneath eachother - how can that be done ? > Info: > - The filenames has no patte...

File ##4000
When I tried to close down my XP system, it said it couldn't close as it was running '##4000'. After it had close I search and could find no such file on my machine. What is going on, and is it harmful? Thanks "Kanga 85" <Kanga85@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:C6312A82-C09D-47EC-ACBA-A62FA26AF50D@microsoft.com... > When I tried to close down my XP system, it said it couldn't close as it > was > running '##4000'. After it had close I search and could find no such > file > on my machine. ...

File back up?
We are running outlook express but i cannot think of a way to store the files on our server. i tryed to change the place where the files are stored using tools\options but it wont let me change the folder to a network drive. please help thanks This an OL ng not OE - a completly seperate app. However for info on OE see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ The answer to yr Q; OE is not designed for network use and cannot be used on one - unless yr prepared to put up with corruption/data loss. You need a specific network email client eg OL2K or later installed in network(Exchange) Mode "dav...

Download existing file from floppy disk excel but said unformated
I was able to download 3 files from 3.5 floppy disk once in excel format and printed one file, but since then the system kept saying my disk needs format or may be in MacIntosh. DG, In windows explorer, copy the files to your hard drive and run them from there. NEVER run Excel files from a floppy disk. Henry "DG" <DG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD2D262F-F14C-44D4-93C3-1E3E78C75248@microsoft.com... >I was able to download 3 files from 3.5 floppy disk once in excel format >and > printed one file, but since then the system kept saying my dis...

Publisher 2007, joining two files
How do you combine two separate Publisher 2007-created files into one file that has all of the pages, formatting, etc. of the original two files? -- Mikes Mikes wrote: > How do you combine two separate Publisher 2007-created files into one > file that has all of the pages, formatting, etc. of the original two > files? ================================== For just a few pages...I would try opening two instances of Publisher / Tile them...and copy paste from one to the other...adding pages as needed. Maybe the following link will offer some ideas: Combining Publisher Documents http:/...

Office Updates break Tiff file associations
It seems like every time we push office updates about 25% of our computers lose their tiff File association. Does anyone know why this happens? I'm having a hard time fixing it. We can't use a reg fix because we don't have a standard tif viewer. Right now we are having to touch every machine to fix it. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. grizzz wrote: > It seems like every time we push office updates about 25% of our > computers lose their tiff File association. Does anyone know why > this happens? I'm having a hard time fixing ...

Files saved from web-site can't be found
New Windows 7 64bit laptop. I went to my favorite genealogy site and used their "save" button to save a scanned document. I created a library on the laptop and saved it there. I then went into explorer to look for it and open it but it wasn't there. I tried saving it again but it showed me it was already there in the new folder. After several fruitless attempts to save it in My Documents or on the Desktop, etc, I saved it from the website to a flashdrive, then copied it from the flash drive to my laptop. Now I can see it on the laptop. I've used Vista s...

Saving sent files
I have XP. I've looked but, can't find an option for this. I would like to choose which sent e-mails get saved and which ones do not. I only see an option to either auto save all or none. Is it possible to get a pop-up question as I send e-mails asking if I want to save it? Thanks Nope, but you can set the options for the individual message not to save the message when sending -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Angela N." <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

kill
wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kil...

PSt files and calandars
I am stuck with a VIP user that demands to download his mail from the exchange 2003 server into his own PST file. He's now discovered that his calandar is not in sync with his server calandar. He claims that in a previous company this worked fine. I do not reccomend or want to support PST files for use with exchange but here I am. My questions are: 1. Would this in fact have worked in the past? Should a PST delivery location automatically synconize deletes and adds with the server calandar? 2. If it's not the default (and I doubt it is) is there anyway to make it work? 3. Prete...

Link individual Excel files to one Access database
Is there any way, without programming codes, to link individual Excel 2003 wookbooks to one common Access 2003 database? Thanks for your input. Hi Define all tables in workbooks as named ranges. Link tables to Accsess database (Files.GetExternalData.LinkTables - set file type to *.xls and select workbook, select 'Show named ranges' and then table you want to link. -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets "jrh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ee101c3bff3$d599cb10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way, w...

How to process a file in memory?
Hi i am working with Encryption and decryption. I have an encrypted file. Which i want to decrypt for further processing. But i have to decrypt it in memory file not as a hard disk file. Could anybody please let me know, how to make a memory file which will exist in in memory as long as the program is running. My decryption function signature is: void Decrypt(FILE *sourceFile, FILE *targetFile) "sourceFile" is encrypted file which i want to decrypt, and "targetFile" will be output of decryption (this must be created in memory not on hard disk) for further processing. ...

Important restore a server a ups killed with large amount of data
Hello, A ups died taking out one of my sbs 2003 servers. now there is a lot data on this machine i am talking roughly 3 tb of data. Here is where is sites, sharepoint and sql are toast. completely a uninstall and reinstall don't fix it if anything it broke more. I have a backup from 3 days ago from sbs backup I also have a image based backup from 2 months ago. what is the best way to get this server up and running without taking the whole day tomorrow. can i just use ntbackup from the sbs backup i have and do a restore on the server and tell it to skip the data partit...

Sample code for how to load an XMLDocument with an XML file while simultaneously validating it against an XSD, AND how to read and search that same validated XML file.
Hi all, Spent WAAAYYY too much time trying to figure this out because there's not many good examples out there, so in the interest of sparing y'all from suff'rin same, I've pasted it into eternity for you. Works like a charm. (I know, I know, I love you too) Sean //C# code string filename = "whateverYouCalledYourXMLAndXSDfile" XmlDocument loggingMessagesDefinition = new XmlDocument() MessageDataXmlFile = filename + ".xml"; MessageDataXsdFile = filename + ".xsd"; // initialize the validation objects XmlSchemaCollection myXmlSchemas = new XmlS...

How to Export Unicode to CSV file with Excel 2007?
I'm trying to export a worksheet that has unicode data in it. When I save as ..csv format, some of the characters show up as '?'. If I save it as unicode (Text format), it's a tab delimted file, but with the characters intact. I'm trying import the file into Exchange 2007. I also tried to export the worksheet as XML, but the option under Developer was grayed out, when I tried it through Save-As, it tells me I don't have any mappings. I'd like to either export the file as unicode into a .csv, or as xml. Any hints? ...