Can't find "Password to open" box in Excel 2000

I need to put a password on a workbook to stop
unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box
in to tools->options->general dialog box

That's because it's not in Tools/Options/General in the
Excel menu.  You need to select File/Save As, then click
Tools, General Options in the save as dialog.

0
mcurrie (76)

setting up a password to open outlook 02
I've upgraded to outlook 02 from outlook express and would like to use a password to open the program like my express does. however, cannot seem to figure how to turn on the feature in outlook 02. any help???? You can add a password to your PST file which will cause Outlook to prompt for that password prior to opening fully. Right click on the root of your Personal Folder (might be named Outlook Today), choose Properties, click Advanced, click Change Password "lawrence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041801c399bf$96f68f10$a501280a@phx.gb...

my "Password to Open" is grayed out
I imported a report from Crystal Reports into Excel that i need to password, but when i tried to save it in Excel using File, Save As, Options, the "Password to open is grayed out". The file is brought to Excel as a .csv file because that is the format i need to send it out in. When saving the file as *.CSV that option will not be available. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:20:26 -0700, "TRexH52" <TRexH52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported a report from Crystal Reports into Excel that i need to password, >but when i tried to save...

Can't find "Password to open" box in Excel 2000
I need to put a password on a workbook to stop unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box in to tools->options->general dialog box That's because it's not in Tools/Options/General in the Excel menu. You need to select File/Save As, then click Tools, General Options in the save as dialog. >-----Original Message----- >I need to put a password on a workbook to stop >unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box >in to tools->options->general dialog box >. > ...

how do i give password to open for Excel File?
SWATI GAMBHIR wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the BODY of the post, not the subject line. From Excel Help: (You DID look there first, DIDN'T you?) On the File menu, click Save As. On the Tools menu, click General Options. Do either or both of the following: If you want users to enter a password before they can view the workbook, type a password in the Password to open box, and then click OK. If you want users to enter a password before they can save changes to the workbook, type a password in the Password to modify box, and then click OK. When prompted, r...

password to open outlook #3
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl ...

password to open outlook
I think this is a basic question, but I am having problems making it work. I'd like to create a password to open my outlook so no one else can open my outlook and read my email messages. Can you send me the directions to do this? Thank you so much. On 13 Apr 2004 20:46, "Jane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I think this is a basic question, but I am having problems making it >work. I'd like to create a password to open my outlook so no one else >can open my outlook and read my email messages. Can you send me the >directions to do this?...

password to open outlook #2
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl 1 Right click on Outlook Today, select Properties and then Advanced. Set your password from there and do not forget it. 2. Outlook uses Profiles, not Identities. To set up your profiles, go to Control Panel, Mail Icon, Show Profiles. Set the option to Prompt for Profile there as well. You will need to close Outlook and reopen it using the preferred profil...

forgotton password to open excel sheet
Pl. let me know how to open the work sheet which i have forgotten password and that file is imp. to me so pl. help how it will open again Awaiting for your positive reply at the earliest and oblige. Thanks and regards Deepak Kamat if you do a google search on 'password' you will come up with a reply like this which was posted by Otto Moehrbach a few days ago I have copied it below Barbara Password, Forgot It Age-Old Problem. Go To This Site For Help/Guidance: http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm These Are Good Too: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/e...

Password To Open Spreadsheet Used as Variable in VB Code or Macro
I would like to set a variable to be 1 of 7 values based on what password is used to open a spreadsheet. Does any know if this is possible?? If so, please provide some helpful hints. Thanks for your help. How do you set more than one password to open a workbook? Or do you mean password after opening? Like a password to access a certain sheet in the workbook? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:12:02 -0700, DogLover <DogLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to set a variable to be 1 of 7 values based on what password is >us...

Password to Open
Outlook 2007 Is there a way to set a password to open Outlook? You can password protect the set of Personal Foders, within OL rt click Personal Folders "Canon" <Canon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81DC6AF4-7037-4468-9616-87686753118F@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007 > Is there a way to set a password to open Outlook? You put the password on your Windows account/profile. Outlook is just an application that anyone with access/permission to the computer can run. Canon wrote: > Outlook 2007 > Is there a way to set a password...

Password to open workbook
I recently installed XL 2007 and the previous workbook are lock by password to open them. I've looked everywhere in XL 2007 on how to remove this password to open them but cannot find it. I know the password to open the workbook, it's just I want to leave it without password. Thanks. Button>Save As>Tools>General Options. Clear out passwords and save the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:21:02 -0800, Trainee <Trainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently installed XL 2007 and the previous workbook are lock >b...

xl2007 password to open
In Excel 2007 I can password protect a file via Office Button > Prepare > Encrypt Document or via Save As dialog box > Tools > General Options. Disregarding the password to modify option, my question is, what’s the difference between the two password to open options? In other words, does the Save As password option do the same encryption as the Office Button option? Bob Phillips 4/9/2007 answer to a slightly different question seems to say there’s no difference. Can anyone confirm this? Many thanks. ...

Password to open file
How do you make file only open after you enter a password? dcknie, file save as, tools, general options enter password to open, this is for excel 2003 its a little different in other versions but that should get you there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "dcknie" <dcknie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21B2C37-1877-4357-A756-35470C31EDC7@microsoft.com... > How do you make file only...

PASSWORD TO OPEN A WORKBOOK
HI, I RECENTLY PASSWORD PROTECTED A WORKBOOK IN WHICH A USER HAS TO ENTER A PASSWORD TO EVEN OPEN IT. HOWEVER, I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS JERET SAUER Jeret, Here is a post of resources by Norman Harker: http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=OukvFyJ5CHA.1860%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email addres...

Password to open excel file
How a password is set in excel sheet. When double click an excel file, first of all you see protected and a window appeared, asking for password to open that excel file. I want to know how is that possible or how to make such password without that one even can't open the file. Suresh =46ile>Save As>Tools>General Options =46ollow your nose from there. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 30 May 2010 12:26:25 +0530, "Suresh Lohar" = <suresh.lohar@gmail.com> wrote: >How a password is set in excel sheet. When double click an exce...

How to set password to open form
Hi all, I have created a form , in that command button is created when clicked it will open another form. but i need when button is clicked a input box should appear requiring password. when password entered then only that form should open. pls help me these 2 things. 1. when password is entered in inputbox , i want to display message box with entered password ... how can i do it. Naveen, Something like... If Me.txtPassword = "ugh" Then DoCmd.OpenForm "YourForm" Else MsgBox "You do not have permission to view ...

Entering password to open Excel file causes quit
When I open an important password-protected document in Excel (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo Office but since the file is password protected, Neo won't open it. And I can't turn off the password without first opening in Excel, right? Any help would be much appreciated. Brad In article <1171983688.247786.290740@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, bgilmore@mail.com wrote: > When I open an important password-protected document in Excel > (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo > Office but since the file is passw...

Protect Workbook in 2003 changes to password to open in 2007
I created a workbook in Excel 2003 and protected the workbook with a password. When the user saves the file as Excel 2007 I can no longer open the file in Excel 2003 without entering the password. Is there a programming difference between Excel 2003 and 2007 that I need to take into account to stop this from happening? Thanks ...

I can't turn off the password to open a file in excel.
I put a password on a file in excel 2003 to open it. Now I can't turn it off even when I follow the instructions. By either going into Tools / Options / Security and deleting there or by clicking on Save As and then clicking on Tools and then General and deleting there and then saving but everytime I go back to open the file it still asks me for the password. Any suggestions? If it's the password prompt that appears when you open the file, you change it via File|SaveAs|General. My question is--how did you get rid of the password. Did you select it and then hit the delete key ...

Access 2007 requires password to open Access 2000 database
Users have just installed Office 2007. When opening an Access 2000 database users are prompted for a password when none was previously set on database. Also password prompt is displayed when creating new database. Access 2000 databases with passwords open OK. Is there a security setting or Access option that was accidentally set during the install that would cause all databases to require password security? Also note, that when Access 2000 database was opened in earlier version and a password associated with it, the database opened without a problem in Access 2007. This would be ...