can't find my macro...

Using Excel 2002

I had been experimenting with making a macro that would copy and paste
values before closing.

I decided that I would not need it after all and thought I had deleted
it using the tools; Macro; macros window.  Actually I can no longer see
it or any macros in that window.

Now, when I open my spreadsheet it still gives me the disable macros
dialog.

Where else do I need to look to delete whatever is still left of this
macro so that the macro dialog no longer pops up when the spreadsheet
is opened?

Thank you!

Remove the module that it was in
"victoreae" <victoreae.uzzss@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Using Excel 2002
>
> I had been experimenting with making a macro that would copy and paste
> values before closing.
>
> I decided that I would not need it after all and thought I had deleted
> it using the tools; Macro; macros window.  Actually I can no longer see
> it or any macros in that window.
>
> Now, when I open my spreadsheet it still gives me the disable macros
> dialog.
>
> Where else do I need to look to delete whatever is still left of this
> macro so that the macro dialog no longer pops up when the spreadsheet
> is opened?
>
> Thank you!

Don
10/8/2003 9:55:13 PM
When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the macro is
stored. There are some instructions here for finding and removing
modules, or other traces of code:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

I don't know but I may need a macro?
I don't know but I may need a macro? This is a golf league There are the regular players and the substitute players On worksheet1, I enter scores for individual players and the substitute players. On worksheet2, the scores are transfered from worksheet1, and further calculations are made. Under perfect conditions, if no substitute players are playing, all the scores I entered on worksheet1, transfer to worksheet2, and all is right with the world, my work is done, all I have to do is print. However, If a regular player is "MIA", that transfers to worksheet2 a "MIA",...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

calling a series macros with a marco
Hi, Can anyone help me with the following problem, I have created macro that does various things with a file (they mostly do various filterin on the data), the trouble is when I run the macro, its filter's throug on each macro as expected and if they find any filtered criteria I the need to extract that data displayed on screen, before I click on th next "msgbox" to continue onto the next macro( If any data is found get to see it on screen but at the moment I can,t copy and paste as th macro just continues on to the next macro, so in a nutshell I need t breakout of the macro a...

Finding an event

problem with copy/paste macro
I want my macro to take me to Tools>Letters and Mailings>Envolopes and Labels...>Labels Paste the selected text in Address section continue to Options>Details and select the Number Down field. so far i have this: Sub Macro1() Selection.Copy SendKeys "%L%A" Selection.Paste SendKeys "%O%D%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show End Sub If you do it with mouse, it pastes the selected test in Addres section automatically. When running SendKeys "%L%O%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show it doesn't put the selec...

cannot find database

VB Code Or Macros
from where i can learn to write macros, is there any courses in india? Hi, there are some interesting pages like http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/julian_s/julian/julians_macros.htm http://www.appspro.com/Tips/Tips_And_Tricks.htm "hitesh" wrote: > from where i can learn to write macros, is there any courses in india? > > Here are some other sites that can be helpful in learning VBA for Excel http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm http://www.the-excel-advisor.com/excel-macros-vba-tutorial.html http://class.et.byu.edu/ce270/vbaexcel_primer/int...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Autorun a macro at preset times
I have a macro that draws data from a website and places in to several tables which are then organised is different criteria. Instead of me manually hitting the button with assigned macro, I want to have the macro run itself every 10 minutes. How do I do this please? Darren, have a look at ONTIME in Excel VBA help -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Darren" wrote: > I have a macro that draws data from a website and places i...

Excel macro question #3
Hi, Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that will automatically copy two colums in an Excel worksheet and at the start of each day insert them into a new worksheet with the new date on it? The columns in the new worksheet are named differently than the previous day's (i.e. Beginning bag count, instead of ending bag count). I've taken a VB programming course but have not done any programming in Excel yet. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Joan Have included an example sub routine, that might help (obviously not the definitive solution, but it should get y...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Make a Macro on a Toolbar
Hi, I created a Macro but I want to have it show up on a toolbar. I know that you can create a custom toolbar but how can i add a macro (which I would need an icon) onto that toolbar or any toolbar? Thanks, Sean Sean Tools>Customize>Commands. Scroll down to "Macros" and select the smi;ey-face button. Drag it up to an existing toolbar. Right-click on it and "assign macro". Choose your macro from the dialog box. Note: you can edit the the smiley-face button. There are many other ways to do what you want, the above is the basics. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On M...