Can't drag new data to chart in 2007.

I have a series of charts that I update every 2 weeks with 2 more weeks of
data.  When using Excel 2003 I was able to drag and drop the added 2 columns
of data to the chart and it automatically incorporated them.  Since
converting to 2007, I can't do this (or at least haven't figured out how).
Instead of incorporating the data it simply moves the data itself to cells
behind the chart.  I should also mention that some time ago (while still in
Excel 2003) the spreadsheet stopped enclosing/highlighting the charted data
when I selected the chart (which, when it did this, allowed me to simply grab
the corner of the selected data and move it over 2 more row).  Does anyone
have any ideas for making either of these features work again?
Thanks,
Will

They removed this functionality from Excel 2007.

Copy the cells you want to include, select the chart, and paste.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/27/2010 4:57 PM, roadkill wrote:
> I have a series of charts that I update every 2 weeks with 2 more weeks of
> data.  When using Excel 2003 I was able to drag and drop the added 2 columns
> of data to the chart and it automatically incorporated them.  Since
> converting to 2007, I can't do this (or at least haven't figured out how).
> Instead of incorporating the data it simply moves the data itself to cells
> behind the chart.  I should also mention that some time ago (while still in
> Excel 2003) the spreadsheet stopped enclosing/highlighting the charted data
> when I selected the chart (which, when it did this, allowed me to simply grab
> the corner of the selected data and move it over 2 more row).  Does anyone
> have any ideas for making either of these features work again?
> Thanks,
> Will
0
Jon

Cannot open new mail
New messages in "inbox" cannot to opened. I get two error messages; something about "cannot be displayed" and the second message; "not enough memory". But after rebooting it seemed to work OK, but the first email was in a very small window. Very unusual. This is the first time this happened after seven years using winxp!! What is going on? Mahlon Do a little cleanup and see if that helps. 1: Do not archive mail in the Inbox or Sent Items. Create your own user defined folders and move the messages you wish to save to them. Empty Delete...

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Chart in Chart

Outlook 2007 Incoming Mail Attachment Porblem
Whenever my friend send me an attachment in Japanese File Name, I can open them in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, but nothing is in there... They are always blanc. But if I forward the e-mail to my MSN account with the attachment, I can open them no problem... So this is not the problem on Excel or Word. And I can even forward the same e-mail and open the attachments. So maybe there is some sort of security feature from Outlook preventing those files to open? Bu I can not crack down on the exact solution... There are no problems what so ever for English tittled attachments. ...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

new Q&A topic for MBS site: RMS receipt/report customization
Hi everyone, Michelle here, from the Business Solutions Community. Many of you wrote to me with questions on RMS item management, and I thank you for all your messages. Microsoft SDET Jimmy Wong has provided me with his answers, and they're now with Web our production team, which is busily shaping them into a spiffy new Web page. Next week, we'll post the Web page containing Jimmy's answers to the community site (www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community). Meanwhile, I'm here to ask for your questions for another Q&A on RMS. The topic is CUSTOMIZING RECEIPTS AN...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Outlook 2003 -- Always display BCC on new messages?
Hi all; anyone know how to always display the BCC field on every new message composed, you know, make it the default to display the BCC field? I've played around with forms editing but none of my efforts, which were little more than shots in the dark, have produced the desired results. Thanks, Lucee I forgot to add; when composing a new message, on the View menu the option to check the BCC field is not there as it was in Outlook XP :-( "BVIPrincess" <eecul62@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23hS3euE$EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hi all; anyone know how to...

Conversion of Cross-Tab Formatted data to qualify for Pivot Table
It's amazing how one can take pivot table data -- double-click in the data section and it "converts" the PT format to a data-table format (fit for a database environment, say access)... Well any way, I receive files that are in a sort of a crosstab format, which I'd love to be able to get to respond to (the creation) of a Pivot table. Is there a way to make this "conversion"? Thanks in advance for any direction offered.. Do you mean something like this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm from John Walkenbach's site. Jim May wrote: > > It&#...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Tabbing between text boxes in Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple text boxes that I need to quickly type info into and then tab to go to the next text box, this worked just fine in 2003 but since I changed to 2007 it does not allow me to tab between the text boxes, any solutions? I would be happy to send someone an example of my worksheet if that helps. Thanks! Excel 2007 Select shapes with keyboard shortcuts. http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtyf2j2dk4w/03_11_10b.pdf http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtmzodrrwj/03_11_10b.xlsx ...

New RR ISP and Business POP3 Not Working
Recently due to ISP purchase, I was switched from Comcast to Road Runner ISP. With Comcast everything was fine. Now when accessing my business email with RR I get the error: "pop3 was found but there was no response..." This is from any computer fed directly into the modem. I can take my laptop to another outside location, and it works fine. In addition, I cannot access the webmail interface from RR, though I can access any other website. I have purchased a new modem due to RR saying I had low power? New cabling, all to negative results. Has anyone had this problem? ...

Adding new records to a table in VB code
I have a rather complicated form that loads several arrays with fields that I need to add to a table. When I go to another form that 'should' add the new records (using a for/next loop) it stops and gives me this message: Run-time error '2499': You can't use the GoToRecord action or method of an object in Design view. I have this line of code right after the 'For' clause: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec and just before the 'Next' statement I have this line: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, acMenuVer70 I have used that in an e...

Creating New Recipients
Hello, I need to find out how to automate the process of creating new recipients with the company address and other information already there. Can this be done? I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 SP4 platform. 2GB or RAM, Dual 2.4 GHZ Zeon (Hyperthreaded) processors. The reason I need to automate is because I have two other people that create mailboxes and refuse to take the time and fill out the proper information. Your assistance is very appreciated Sincerely Matt Newman NT\2K Syatems Administrator Is there no one out there that can help me with this, Please? Matt Newma...

New Passport
I was forced to change my Passport. I had associated my old one with the "free" MSN Premium that came with my ISP (Verizon). Having dumped the ISP, they won't release the MSN account. Ergo, I can't use it. Some of the Passport-related posts touch on this, but none that I saw address it directly. Can I change Passports, or will I need to start a new *.mny file? Thanks, John John Cunningham Silver Spring, MD John@221bBakerSt.org In microsoft.public.money, ngarrideb wrote: >I was forced to change my Passport. I had associated my old one with the >"fre...

new mails ending up in Deleted Items automatically
One of my colleges at work is experiencing a strange problem. When he receive mails some of them ends up in Deleted Items automatically. I have checked that the build in Junkmail filter is disabled and he has now rules at all that could automove anything - as far as I can see. This happens on his computer only. Any ideas? Application: Outlook 2003 SP2 / WindowsXP SP2 Connection: Exchange 2003 _and_ 2-3 POP3 accounts (receives all mail through pop3 at the moment - we all do that by the way.) /Christian ...

New Resolution Type under Resolve Cases
Hi There, Is it possible to add a new Resolution Type under Resolve Case.. and change Problem Solved to Case Solved from the picklist. If yes could you kindly advice me... Actions->ResolveCase->Resolution Type -> here i want to add new item(is it possible?)->and i would like to change Problem Solved to Case Solved. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many Thanks in advance, Syed. You may go to Customization | Case | Attributes | Status Code, in the status picklist, select "Resolved", then add your resolution type there. After you finish, save and publish...

Plot data on map
How can one use the MS map object to plot data? of any country? say the US, using MS-Excel? Urgent help needed. ...

Publisher 2007 Upgrade #4
I have Windows XP (including Publisher 2002) installed on my computer. I plan to upgrade to Publisher 2007 for it's email capabilities. Is the upgraded Publisher (2007) compatable with Outlook 2002? Will the graphics from Publisher sucessfully email using Outlook 2002? Nope, but it might work with OE. And for what its worth, this function still needs some work. If you really want to send html formatted emails, I would look at some of the specialized programs for that purpose instead of Pub 2007. Reference: Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher 2007: http://office.m...

Can you add a user-defined field to the new task dialog box?
Hi All: I use a custom arrangement to view my tasks in which I have a field called "No." (for number). I use it to order the tasks each day. That works fine. However, when I double click a task or if I start a new task with the shortcut key "Ctrl+Shift+K" (or Ctrl+N), a dialog box opens. This standard dialog box for an untitled task doesn't contain a field for my "No.". Is there a way I can modify that dialog box to add a number field that would show up in my custom arrangement under the "No." field? i.e. basically, I want to ad...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

Dual Axis Horizontal Bar Chart in Excel-can I avoid overlapping ba
hello, I have a simple table of data with 2 columns of numbers, which I'm trying to build into a simple horizontal bar chart Problem is that the 1 column's numbers are much greater than the other, so this means that makes the smaller series' bars look very small. I would like to see both displayed together however, but if I put it on a secondary axis it overlays one on top of the other, rather than side-by-side Is there an easy way to stop this happening? any help would be greatly appreciated cheers griff This link shows how to handle this with column charts. For bar cha...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...