Can't delete a page break

Hello,
A user send me a excel sheet about 230 pages soft copy, at page 74 there is
a page break and I can’t take it out or move. This page break is in the
middle of page and when I look in to page break view from preview I can see
that line but it is showing as one page, but when we print that page it is
printing in 2 different pages. We are using office XP (2002) with SP 3.
Any idea how I can delete this specific page break, I have tried
highlighting that specific page and deleted the page back but it just deleted
the page break from top and bottom not the middle which is just stuck there.
Thanks for reading, have a good day
Suhail

0
suhail (7)

Remove ALL page breaks and redefine your print area.

0
dnoel (171)
7/7/2005 4:07:06 PM
DNA
Thanks for reply but taking off 230 page breaks for only one page break too
much work, all print areas are different. Any other ideas??? ANY ONE

"DNA" wrote:

> Remove ALL page breaks and redefine your print area.

0
suhail (7)
7/7/2005 4:39:03 PM
It's really not that difficult, you could have it done it less than two
minutes.

Change your view to Page Break Preview, right click on the spreadsheet and
select Reset All Page Break, check that to see if that fixes the issue.  If
not, select the entire sheet and select File, Print Area, Set Print Area.

Did that help?

0
dnoel (171)
7/7/2005 4:52:27 PM
Yes it worked thanks for your help, after setting the print Area I was able
to move that page break and merge it in to an other page break, that took
care of the problem, one again thanks for you help have a good day.

"DNA" wrote:

> It's really not that difficult, you could have it done it less than two
> minutes.
>
> Change your view to Page Break Preview, right click on the spreadsheet and
> select Reset All Page Break, check that to see if that fixes the issue.  If
> not, select the entire sheet and select File, Print Area, Set Print Area.
>
> Did that help?

0
suhail (7)

How do I begin typing on a page?
I downloaded Windows 7 but I can't begin typing on the page. My Enable type and click doesn't show on the edit on the tool bar. Well, I'm not sure what you downloaded, but presumably it wasn't Windows 7, which is an operating system. Perhaps it was the Office 2007 trial, which must be activated before you can use it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "chpymnky" <chpymnky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4DADAE-BC74-4A15-9C39-428D980E0645@microsoft.com......

Need to delete roaming profile after logoff
Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user log offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free space when users are not on the system. The server is Win2K8, and we have clients from XP to Win7. Thanks "Allyn" <Allyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40A868B2-479B-479C-ABD6-0DB8FD691E52@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user > log > offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free > space > when ...

Unread count on "Deleted items" (2003)
Is there any way to prevent the display of unread item count next to the "Deleted Items" folder? I'm forever deleting stuff without reading it, only to have to go into "Deleted Items" in order to turn off the "unread" state. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Not that I know of. Have you tried Right clicking the Deleted Items folder and using the Mark all as Read button? It's fast. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 ...

Deleting a unit from a UOM schedule
Is there any way to delete a unit line from a UOM schedule? In other words, someone added a unit of "case" to our "each" schedule, and I need to get rid of it because salespeople can now select that unit (even though we don't have pricing on it) and really screw things up... I at least was able to re-name it to "fubar" ;-) and set the equiv unit to 1 so most of the damage has been contained, but I'd really like to remove all the temptation... There doesn't seem to be anyway within GP to delete these, but seeing that I don't have it in ...

Excel97: Testing for More than One Page
Using Excel97 I want to test for more than one page. The only solution I have been able to find is slow, kludgy, and unsatisfying. I cannot even verify it works in all cases. It is as follows: If ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)") > 1 Then .... End If I have attempted to use (Worksheet).VPageBreaks.Count, but it returns "1" whether I have one page or two. Is there a better solution? -- Demosthenes Demosthenes, Maybe you could pattern it after a search for page breaks. This looks down for automatic page breaks, vertically only: LastRow = ActiveSheet.Us...

XL producing bizarre page layouts
I've been working on a 12-page worksheet for several days with Excel 2003, running XP, SP1. This morning, when I attempted to print it, the 12 pages printed out as three pages, with the pages printijng landscape orientation, but in tiny size down the left margin. I saw that Page Setup was set to "Fit to: 1 to 1," but the "Adjust to:" setting above--while unchecked--was set to 10%, so I tried to set it to 100%. I also experience the page allowing only the page width, about 7.5 inches, though it is printing in landscape. In other words, a wide column that previously had...

Cannot delet a MS Word document from my computer
Hello MS Word Users, I have a desktop computer with a Word document on it put there from another computer which was a laptop. The desktop runs Windows XP and Word XP. The laptop runs Vista and Word 2007. When I try to delete the Word document from the desktop computer I receive an error message saying the file cannot be deleted because I do not have access and that the file may be in use. How do I delete the file from the desktop computer? Sincerely, Cats Whiskers Have you tried rebooting the computer? That sometimes releases old locks on the file. If that does...

Paging file size
Hello, Is there any recommended paging file size for SQL Server? My understanding is that, there is no min/max size limit specific to SQLServer and it depends on the OS need(1.5x or 2.5x etc). Please let me know if that is not correct (with info from MS, if possible) TIA, AbbA On 2010-02-17 7:18, Abba wrote: > Is there any recommended paging file size for SQL Server? It hardly matters. You never want SQL Server to need the page file, as performance will go down the tubes. For its part, SQL Server will do its utmost to keep everything in RAM. You should follo...

Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do. Thanks, Tom "Tom K" <thomasDOTkerA@Thighmark.com> wrote in message news:OHs6X%23LsKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be > cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do. > > Thanks, > > Tom > I don't know that there is a way (or not) to cut this feature from the Right Click menu, but there's no way to keep a user fro...

clip organizer deletions
how do I delete unwanted clips from clip organizer Are they your own images or those you have downloaded from the Office site? Open the Organizer from start, Microsoft Office Tools, when the Organizer opens, you should be able to delete any image. Look in "My Pictures", Microsoft Clip Organizer, delete them from there. Any other image can be deleted from your picture folder that holds the image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "naeb" <naeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I have row 1 appear on each page?
Using Excel 97. I have made a record collection list, Artist , Title, Label, Catalog Number etc as the Heading For row 1 and colums a,b,c,d etc. When I print the excel program I want those to appear on the top of each page. I could not find an answer in the HELP section. Thanks for your help....Doug Hi DF choose file / page setup and go to the sheet tab click in the box next to rows to repeat at top then click on row #1 on your worksheet click Preview and you should have what you're after. Cheers JulieD "DF" <junkontheweb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23...

How do I un-delete a sheet?
I deleted a sheet, saved the file, and now want the sheet back? Any way to recover a deleted sheet? mdorn wrote: > I deleted a sheet, saved the file, and now want the sheet back? > > Any way to recover a deleted sheet? > > You can't. It's gone. Unless you have a backup. -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Not if you don't have a backup or some third-party application like Norton Unerase. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Th...

Outlook 2002: Unable to delete calendar entries or messages
I'm running Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Professional operating system. I am unable to delete messages or delete calendar entries. When I attempt to delete I receive the following message: "Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\...\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool." I've ran the Inbox Repair Tool utility. But it says there are no errors to repair. I downloaded the "Oversized PST Recovery Utility". But the program will not run since the pst file is not over 2GB. Please help. Russell D...

after deleting DLs, not replicating across sites
I have about 10 sites in my domain, after a DL was deleted on one of the site, it can still be seen in the GAL on some of the other sites. Has anyone ever seen this before? ...

Hate new MSN home page!
Is there any way to go back to the old MSN home page? I noticed it got changed on friday by MSN. I don't like the new page. I can't find a way to go back to the "classic" style I'm used to. I didn't know where to post this so here it is. "Joe T." <JoeT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:376C3A8D-76E6-465B-B6E8-855B4993E18C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to go back to the old MSN home page? I noticed it got > changed on friday by MSN. I don't like the new page. I can't find a way > to go > back to t...

delete forever
Is there a way to delete files and/or select emails without being recovered by forensics? Assuming yes, is there a way to prevent forensics from detecting if you performed a delete action? thanks "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in news:ubDUIXpDLHA.2052@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > Is there a way to delete files and/or select emails without being > recovered by forensics? > > Assuming yes, is there a way to prevent forensics from detecting > if you performed a delete action? > > thanks Check out freeware "Eraser":...

Linking to internal visio pages
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out a way to link to an specific page that is imbedded in a visio file saved as a web page. For example: I have a visio file that consists of 12 pages accessed by tabs along the bottom of the screen. When I export this file as a webpage, access to the individual pages appears as a pull down menu on the left side of the page. The file is given an address, but not the individual pages, so if I create a link to the visio file it always defaults to the first page. Is there anyway to link to specific pages within the file? Thanks in advance, Tim ...

Deleting Undeletable Line?
Hi All I have an infuriating problem. I have used a worksheet from a past spreadsheet and there is a series of lines on the sheet that cannot be deleted. I have tried: - removing borders - deleting it as a drawing line - deleting the rows - inserting rows absolutely nothing will work! Can anyone suggest a remedy? Cheers Nick They may be squished combo boxes or text boxes. Choose View>Toolsbars>Control toolbox Click the Design mode button Point to one of the lines If the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow, click on the line to select it Press the delete key, to delete th...

How to replace Page Footer with Report Page Footer
Hi, I am wondering, if I can put my Report Footer to replace Page Footer position. Is it possible to do that? TIA Yanto No. You cannot easily move the report footer to the bottom of the page. Firstly, the summary information that Access collects across the report is not available if you use the page footer. There are workarounds, but the data may be unreliable: depends on which pages were visited (if you rely on events), and the timing of the compilation. Secondly, the page footer appears on every page, not just the last one. Thirdly, the Report Footer section can grow or shrink to fit ...

How to enable an internet page to be sent in email
Hi, I have a new computer, windows 7. I have I.E. When I am at a website that I want to put into an email, I can't. When I click on 'page' on screen, the 'send link by email, and 'send page by email' they are not enabled and don't work. Is there a way to enable that? I've searched and searched. thank you. I found it. http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/r1102/52r02/52r02.asp&guid= Problem: The Send Page By E-mail and Send Link By E-mail options in IE's Page menu aren't available. Solution:...

Page Setup Problem with Access 2003
I copied a database file from one PC to another and now have problems with page setup for reports in the second PC. The page size has been changed in the copied version from A4 to Letter and Page Setup will not let me change that setting. (it will let me change from Landscape to Portrait but will not allow the paper size to be changed). The printer default settings are all OK and Page Setup for reports in other Access databases act normally. What has gone wrong and how do I fix the problem? ...

Delete email and the previous email is deleted also
I have a user who is trying to delete emails one at a time. She selects one and only one email and clicks the delete button. The one selected and the one previous are both sent to the deleted folder. When user trys to undelete the previous email that was deleted in error it opens up as if double clicking on it to open. How do I turn off this troublesome feature? ...

Money 2007 add/delete Category
Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily add/delete categories? The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to run through every single category just to delete one. Deluxe or Essential? If Deluxe, use the Account List More pull out, Categories & :Payees|Categories should show you all the categories at once and allow you to Move, Modify or Delete them as required. The pulldown at the top lets you see just Categories or Categories and Subcategories. "Vital" <Vital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D4AAA91-6602-429E-915...

Money 2001 Deletion #2
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...

Integrating results from different pages? (No luck w/ INDEX & LOO
To put this in context, I'm working on my fantasy football spreadsheets. I have various pages in a workbook that have similar data. So, for example, sheet one is from XYZ Fantasy Rankings and has the following data: [1] [QB] [Peyton Manning] [2] [QB] [Daunte Culpepper] [3] [QB] [Donovan McNabb] [4] [QB] [Trent Green] [5] [QB] [Kerry Collins] Sheet two contains the following: [1] [QB] [Peyton Manning] [2] [QB] [Donovan McNabb] [3] [QB] [Trent Green] [4] [QB] [Daunte Culpepper] [5] [QB] [Mark Bulger] (Sheet 2 is obviously fake!) The brackets mean the data are already set out in diffe...