Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?

Can MS EXCEL  remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?

I am NOT technical and have just started using MS EXCEL.

Can anyone PLEASE HELP me:

1. How can I automatically remove duplicates using EXCEL ?
ie the same info input more than once on different lines.
Can EXCEL do this ?

2, I have color coded  the text in the certain lines in terms of priority.
can Excel rearrange the data by color ?
If yes, How do I do it ?

I think I have EXCEL '97

Thanks for your help in advance.
0
nilukazi1 (1)

Hi

1.  You can extract the unique items to a new list using menu Data > Filter > Advanced
filter and check "unique items only". See Help for detail on this. Otherwise see if you
can find anything useful at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

2. Color is formatting, not "real content", similar to the difference between a lady and
her lipstick. Excel can only sort content, so you need a workaround to create content from
formatting before sort. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm for a solution.

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"nilu kazi" <nilukazi1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can MS EXCEL  remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?
>
> I am NOT technical and have just started using MS EXCEL.
>
> Can anyone PLEASE HELP me:
>
> 1. How can I automatically remove duplicates using EXCEL ?
> ie the same info input more than once on different lines.
> Can EXCEL do this ?
>
> 2, I have color coded  the text in the certain lines in terms of priority.
> can Excel rearrange the data by color ?
> If yes, How do I do it ?
>
> I think I have EXCEL '97
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Removing Page or Section Break
I am editing a document and when I turn on characters, I have run across these "Chinese Star" characters that seem to act like page breaks. According to other articles listed in newsgroups, there are no page breaks. How do I get rid of this character? ...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Can (or how can) I do this

MS CRM Out look Clinet
I have istalled MS CRM Outlook client on windows 2000, I am using office 2003. All installation went thru fine. But when I launch my e-mail client, there is a error message "There is a prolem in communication Microsoft CRM Server. The Server might be unavailable. Try again later. Contact your system administrator." I dont see the CRM button from outlook view. Please let me know, how can I resolve this. Thanks Patric You did actually install the server software on a separate server didn't you?.. "pat" wrote: > I have istalled MS CRM Outlook client on window...

Balances Problem in MS Money
I am using Money 2006 Premium. I am downloading my investment transactions and updating them online. I have regular and Retirement accounts. I am getting my balances completely wrong, but if I turn off (uncheck) “Track cash transactions” the getting almost correct and its fix problem for Not Retirement accounts. If I uncheck it for Retirement account Money automatically turn off “Retirement account” selection (in Account Settings) and make this account not Retirement. My questions: 1. How can I have my “Track cash transactions” on (selected) and have my balances correct? 2. If I have to tu...

Excel automatically adds path to external reference -> formula too long
Excel 2000 SR1 / Windows 2000 I have moved a large Excel application to a new folder. However this creates the following problem: I have many external references to other Excel files located in the SAME folder. Fields with references such as: '[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + '[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... are automatically converted by excel into: 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet1'!C50 + 'D:\Full path\[File1.XLS]Sheet2'!C50 + ... This results finally into errors, since the formula becomes to long to fit into a single field. Can anyone please give me a hint, how to turn...

MS Money 2007 Pop-up problem
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe and I'm thinking it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer. When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and it will load the next page. This will happen for...

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...