can i wrap rows to form multiple rows per row to fit on 1 sheet?

i have a worksheet with very long rows (a to cf).  For printing i would like
to wrap the rows to fit on a single page, and then seperate each set with a
space. I would also like to wrap the headers too, of course.   is this
possible?
0
dave871 (679)

Say you're creating 10 columns per new row.

So it kind of looks like this:

$A$1	$B$1	$C$1	$D$1	$E$1	$F$1	$G$1	$H$1	$I$1	$J$1
$K$1	$L$1	$M$1	$N$1	$O$1	$P$1	$Q$1	$R$1	$S$1	$T$1
$U$1	$V$1	$W$1	$X$1	$Y$1	$Z$1	$AA$1	$AB$1	$AC$1	$AD$1
$AE$1	$AF$1	$AG$1	$AH$1	$AI$1	$AJ$1	$AK$1	$AL$1	$AM$1	$AN$1
$AO$1	$AP$1	$AQ$1	$AR$1	$AS$1	$AT$1	$AU$1	$AV$1	$AW$1	$AX$1
$AY$1	$AZ$1	$BA$1	$BB$1	$BC$1	$BD$1	$BE$1	$BF$1	$BG$1	$BH$1
$BI$1	$BJ$1	$BK$1	$BL$1	$BM$1	$BN$1	$BO$1	$BP$1	$BQ$1	$BR$1
$BS$1	$BT$1	$BU$1	$BV$1	$BW$1	$BX$1	$BY$1	$BZ$1	$CA$1	$CB$1
$CC$1	$CD$1	$CE$1	$CF$1

So column K is stacked under column A (and above all those others).

If one of those columns has a very wide value in it, then it could take a little
experimentation to see what looks the best.  (Maybe stacking them 5 columns wide
would look better???)

You can try this and see if it works for you:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim curWks As Worksheet
    Dim newWks As Worksheet

    Dim FirstRow As Long
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim FirstCol As Long
    Dim LastCol As Long

    Dim iCol As Long
    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim oRow As Long
    Dim oCol As Long
    Dim MaxCols As Long

    Set curWks = Worksheets("sheet1")
    Set newWks = Worksheets.Add

    MaxCols = 10 '10 columns per row on the new worksheet

    With curWks
        FirstRow = 1
        FirstCol = 1
        LastCol = .Range("Cf1").Column
    End With

    oRow = -1
    With newWks
        .Cells.NumberFormat = "@" 'text
        For iRow = FirstRow To LastRow
            oRow = oRow + 2
            oCol = 0
            For iCol = FirstCol To LastCol
                If oCol >= MaxCols Then
                    oCol = 1
                    oRow = oRow + 1
                Else
                    oCol = oCol + 1
                End If
                .Cells(oRow, oCol).Value = curWks.Cells(iRow, iCol).Text
            Next iCol
        Next iRow
        .UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit
    End With
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

How to tell if a form is open
I want to know how to return a value telling me whether or not a form is currently open. Something like this pseudo-code: If Forms![new appointment].Open = True Then 'send harry a box of chocolates' End If Cheers -- Nick Assuming Access 2000 or later: If CurrentProject.AllForms("new appointment").IsLoaded Then -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Nick Heath" <NickHeath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Individual sheet protection in shared workbook
I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people. I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet owner can edit the content of sheet. Please advise how do i do that? It is a two step process 1. Under tools> Protection Choose allow others to edit ranges select the range then assign password each range should have different PW you can select entire sheet if you wish 2. Then tools>protection Pick protect worksheet assign a password --- This protects the sheet and enables the range password ...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Bulk attachments

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Can't delete email #2

Summary of multiple workbooks in a directory
Hi again, I have a bundle of workbooks, each one has a summary page. These will all be saved in the same directory eventually. I would like to have a worksheet that presented me all teh summary pages (ordered alphabetically by one of he fields). Excel can trwal a directory for all .xls and extract an area from a worksheet then order on a cell? I am not sure where to start on this and a web search was not much help so far. TIA W Hi as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi again, I have a bundle of workbooks, each one has a summar...

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Sychronizing Report and Parameter Form
How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can someone please help me with this. Thank you. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote: > How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record > referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can > someone please help me with this. Thank you. A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters. The query is used as the report's record source. It nee...

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...