can i somehow put two cells into one column or split a column

0
Chrono (1)

Data>text to columns to split

=A1&B1

in a third cell with concatenate 2 (or more)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Chrono" <Chrono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)

How to convert numbered cells into blank
Hi I would like to know how do i convert a blank cell to a 'completely' blank cell. The blank cell is generated under the IF logic (under the " "); but though we see in as a blank cell it is not completely blank. I need it to be completely blank so I can plot the graph as non continous, rather than registering as zero. Thanks for your help in advance. Maybe this: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209 About 2/3 of the way down the page, look for Gaps in Chart Series; Blanks Chart as Zero -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful...

I have Microsoft 2007
I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. Can I now delete Microsoft Office 2003? On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:30:01 -0800, Jers <Jers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no particular reason to get rid of 2003, but if you insist it is better to first uninstall 2003 (not delete, but use Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs) and then install 2007. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. Can I now delete Microsoft Office >2003? of course you fail to mention the exact versions of office, so who knows whether you are still usin...

Macro to shade row of searched cell
OK I've looked all over for this but couldn't find it anywhere. I wan to make a macro that searches for a particular value (that would b contained in a cell but not necessarily the only value in the cell) an highlight the corresponding row and not just the cell. I have a macr that searches for a value and highlights the cell containing part o the entire value but I need the entire row shaded. Here's the cel macro. Sub Finder() On Error Resume Next Dim sh As Worksheet Dim rng As Range x = InputBox("Enter Search Term", "Search") Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

How do I determine row number of a cell containing a certain number?
I have a spreadsheet in which some of the entries in column A contain integers starting with 1 and increasing by 1 until a maximum value (never more than 50). In between, the A cells are blank, even though their rows contain data in the other columns. The number of rows between those with entries in column A is variable. For example, entries might be: A5=1, A9=2, A11=3, A17=4. So there are three blank rows between A5 and A9, one between A9 and A11, and five between A11 and A17. The problem is to determine the number of the row that has the highest number in column A. In my spreadsheet,...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

adding columns past IV
Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? If so how? Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? Help Danno, Take a look at your other post in excel.worksheet.functions Sorry to say, a consensus has been reached and the answer is a resounding NO. Dan E "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? > If so how? > > Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? > Help Not in Excel "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx...

Multiple Update values in one query
Can I use multiple values in one update query to update one field based on a value in the field. I have a field that can have 5 possible codes (0,1,2,3,8) and I would like to run one update query (I know I can write 5 different, but hope can do in one) to change these values to their actual device equivalants, for easier to read. If value = 0 then Pollcat II, value 1 Pollcat III, value 2 Netlink, value 3 CC3, value 8 FTP. Is there a way to do a Case type statement in an update query? Thanks in advance Kenny A. On Jul 6, 1:26 pm, Kenny A. <Ken...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can't open hyperlink in Outlook Express
Hello friends. My father-in-law (80+ yrs. old) can't open any hyperlinks in e-mails. I'm trying to help, but have no clue. Is it something in his security settings in Outlook Express? I know the links work because I'm sending them to him in e-mails. I can click on my sent message and the hyperlink works fine. Thanks for any help. ...

tri-fold brouchure I have one side completed need to flip
this may be a stupid question but can't find how to flip the tri-fold to complete the other side Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9BF86A5-0361-4E95-97D7-13757EBC046E@microsoft.com... > this may be a stupid question but can't find how to flip the tri-fold to > complete the other side ...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

Can't establish a DDE connection?
When I try to do a mail merge in Word, to merge an excel file...I get a message stating that no DDE connection was established. I have tried to click on ignore other applications like it says to do and it is still coming up and not allowing me to merge!! ...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

Link cell to axis maximum and mininum
Hi I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the X-axis maximun and minimum values in an easy way. It would be perfect just to asign e.g. the maximum value to a worksheet cell. Is it possible in any other way to change the chart axis max and min value for more than one chart at a time Best Regard Peter Hi have a look at the following site for an add-in that will achieve this http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter wrote: > Hi, > > I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the...

Show two value ranges on one axis
How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style line). e.g. instead of showing 0-50, the axis could show 10-25 and 40-45. Any help appreciated! Take a look at Jon Peltier's Broken Y axis example. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html "NOKIA" <NOKIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2564B7F7-0693-4A7E-A5C8-9D3180B4EA6B@microsoft.com... > How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis > range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style l...

Help recording a reverse stock split
A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. Microsoft money does not have an option for this. Does anybody have a work around for this problem. In microsoft.public.money, mncpastud wrote: >A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. > >Microsoft money does not have an option for this. > >Does anybody have a work around for this problem. For a regular split, you might do a 2 for 1 split. For a reverse split, do a 1 for 10 split, or whatever the split is. The problem with the reverse split is the first number: it is .1429 for 1. The first number has to be a ...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

Problem with creating two variable data table
Presently I am unable to set up a formula in a cell for two inpu variable. I have gone through EXCEL help on how to create two variabl data table but unable to do so. There may something wrong in formula. I have done the following : Inserted a formula in cell D20 which read as : D21^2+E20^2-4. Keyed in a set of inputs in same column below the cell in which formul is written i.e. D21:D26 and keyed in another set of input in same ro in the cell that is at the right of formula cell i.e. E20:J20. Always one message comes "Input cell reference is not valid". Ther must be something wro...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

Can not add new user in crm 3
I can no longer add a new user in CRM 3 using the deployment manager interface I get the following error: Invalid code for CRM error (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted note: the crm server is a domain controller 1. Check what account is starting the CRM services (Local System or a Domain account) 2. Install the Windows 200X Support Tools on the CRM Server. Run suptools.msi from Support | Tools folder on the 200X Server CD. 3. Click Start | Run, enter adsiedit.msc and click OK 4. Locate the root CRM OU under the Domain 5. Right-click, select Properties, then click the Securi...

Send the Document, may differ some place due to cell contents...
I think subject wasn't so good that tell you what i wanted to do... I have a text that is about an a4 page in Word. I have an Database of about 150 firms. And two colums; Company name & Company Productivety. Company name Producktivety a 90 b 50 ... .. ... .. And so goes. And the text is like; -------------------------- .................................................. ............ .. ......... Company name: a Company productivety: 90 -...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

how can i graph with log-log scales?
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? Use a XY Scatter chart. Both axes will support log capability. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 In article <2D4EC361-6353-4A30-BA58-54164D99C3FC@microsoft.com>, AirdromeTom@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible > with Excel? If so...

How can I change the From: field ?
Sorry for stupid question, but: How can I change the From: field in my Microsoft Outlook 2003 account? User has account in Active Directory, Nicky, for example, the account is mail-enabled in Exchange 2003. So, the user has email address Nicky@domain.name, and his e-mails are shown with Nicky in the recipient's From: field. But the user wants that his e-mails would have field From: with Nicky_Boy :). I tried to change his Alias, Simple display name (AD, Exchange options) - without result. May be there are some options in user's Microsoft Outlook 2003 to change, but I didn't see t...

Office 2001, can't save
Hi, I am running OS8.6 w/office 2001. I brought a excel file to my Mac from a PC. When I tryed to save it I got the hour glass and it just stayed there and wouldn't save so I had to shut the machine down. Later I began to have the same problem with Word. It seems to be getting worse. Now I can't save or open any existing file in excel or word. Before this happened it seemed to me that Word was slowing a lot and doing a lot of hard disk "thrashing" as I was opening, closing, saving. I have increased the memory alottment, tossed the preferences and renamed to norma...

.pst too large can it effect server problems
As per my external IT Company, because my .pst file is 4gigs, it effects my server workability, i mean lately three days in a row our emails in the morning appear offline, when i check the server it says the hosting account is disabled (WAN miniport pptp). So i spoke with my external IT, he is blaming it on my .pst being large, i just do not understand how is it possible for .pst with 4gigs to create such a problem? Is it possible? Thanks If you are saying the pst is hosted on the server, and being accessed by a workstation, that type of installation is not supported by MS as it can l...