Can I save my toolbar

In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
Excel.

Thanks in anticipation

Ken

0
Ken

When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to
your XLB file).  And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start
Excel.  If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message
| In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
| personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
| Excel.
|
| Thanks in anticipation
|
| Ken

0
jrrech (1933)
2/10/2005 12:07:54 PM
Ken

Your toolbar customisation is saved in a file called either Excel.xlb or
Excel1.xlb.

If you wanted to have multiple toolbar settings that you can switch between
suggest you set up in Excel the way you want, exit and then copy and rename
the above .xlb file to, for example, option1.xlb  - then repeat with the
different settings you want and repeat with each file renamed differently
option2.xlb etc.

When you open Excel - it should defaul to the Excel.xlb filename - you can
override this with File - Open - Files of Type - Toolbars (.xlb) and open one
of your options above.

Steve

"Ken" wrote:

> In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
> personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
> Excel.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Ken

0
Smuggy (8)
2/10/2005 12:19:02 PM
Thnaks to Jim & Steve all sorted now.

Ken

"Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message
> In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
> personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
> Excel.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Ken

0
Ken

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

backtick saving bug
Description: Internet Explorer 8 Save To Disk damages documents with backticks in attribute values. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a HTML document containing the code <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="`" DISABLED > 2. Open the document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. 3. Tell Microsoft Internet Explorer to save the document to disk as bare HTML using ISO encoding. 4. Open the saved document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Expected result: 4. The saved page should display the same content as the original page. Actual result: 4. The saved page displays...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...

Can you freeze columns in a list box?
I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the same in a list box? I have a list box that displays 30 columns of information. It would be helpful if the first 4 didn't have to disappear when you scroll to the right. "agene" <agene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AAE32B2-E08F-4F7F-9C5E-8B9CD2F806AE@microsoft.com... >I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on > the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the sa...