Can I make an xls start up in 2003

ever since I've installed 2007, all my files will start up 2007 when I
double -click them.

Can I set up my machine so that:

   xlsx will open up 2007

and

   xls will open up 2003

Thanks

Michelle

hi
windows considers the last version installed as the default so it's basicly
a windows thing, not necessarily an excel thing.
one possible fix would be to reinstall excel 03 to re-set it as default.
another would be to do a detect and repair in 03 setup. some have reported
success with this.

good luck.
regards
FSt1

"Michelle" wrote:

> ever since I've installed 2007, all my files will start up 2007 when I
> double -click them.
>
> Can I set up my machine so that:
>
>    xlsx will open up 2007
>
> and
>
>    xls will open up 2003
>
> Thanks

Try this: Open any folder in Explorer, go to Tools/ Folder options/ File types. Select
XLS. Then pick Change. The Open With window will open. Pick Browse. Go to /Program
Files/microsoft office/Office 11 and choose Excel. Pick Open. Back on the Open With window
check "always use the selected file to open this kind of file." Hit OK and you are done.
This should work on XP. On Vista or Win 7 there should be a similar routine.

rs

:
: Can I set up my machine so that:
:
:   xlsx will open up 2007
:
: and
:
:   xls will open up 2003
:
: Thanks
:
: M
:

0
tcebob
5/13/2010 9:25:34 PM
On 5/13/2010 1:49 AM, Michelle wrote:
> ever since I've installed 2007, all my files will start up 2007 when I
> double -click them.
>
> Can I set up my machine so that:
>
> xlsx will open up 2007
>
> and
>
> xls will open up 2003
>
> Thanks

I found it was easier to open Excel files from within Excel -- either
version. That's no longer a concern -- I finally dumped Excel 2003,
although I save most of my spreadsheets as .xls.

Bill
0
Billns

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

How do I make a column of checkboxes quickly?
I have a list of people my company has already mailed letters to (about 500) .. I have another separate list of people that may or may not have been mailed to from the first list. Is there a way to quickly creat a column of checkboxes and then somehow crossreference these people that have already been mailed to (both list have account numbers) so that we can exclude them from our next mail out? See http://tinyurl.com/bfkdt -- HTH Bob Phillips "Kevin Kimbrell via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:eaaf5760ccae43ac8b829a58e9708b6b@OfficeKB.com....

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Moving from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too expensive for us) Using the move mailbox utility in Active Directory, we moved over 800 mailboxes from two stores into one. Now, they are not accessible at all. THey show up in Active Directory, but not in either of the mailbox stores What can I do Thanks Mary Can you access them with Outlook? Mary wrote: > On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from > 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too > expensi...

Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)
Hi Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in outlook: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' This error is because of an offline addressbook. But not all users are getting this. The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error. Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall? any other ideas? GauiC I had the same problem, then read: http://support.microso...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...