Can i import one excel file to another excel file?

I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I
import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two together without
having to retype.

Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the
bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy
it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook.

If that's not what you want, can you be more specific?

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867"
<kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I
>import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two together without
>having to retype.

0
anonymous (74717)
10/15/2004 4:03:02 AM
I have a spreadsheet (#1) that lists addresses for several counties, this
spreadsheet is over 1 year old.  I have a new spreadsheet that has the same
information but has been newly updated and I want to try and import the new
addresses into the old speadsheet #1 because I have made some modifications .
 So I'm trying to see if I can merge the two together without loosing any
information.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

> Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the
> bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy
> it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook.
>
> If that's not what you want, can you be more specific?
>

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867"
> <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I
> >import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two together without
> >having to retype.

Hi
you may provide some more details about your data layout and what you
exactly want to 'merge'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"kimbers867@comcast.net"
<kimbers867comcastnet@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a spreadsheet (#1) that lists addresses for several counties,
this
> spreadsheet is over 1 year old.  I have a new spreadsheet that has
the same
> information but has been newly updated and I want to try and import
the new
> addresses into the old speadsheet #1 because I have made some
modifications .
>  So I'm trying to see if I can merge the two together without loosing
any
> information.
>

> "Myrna Larson" wrote:
>
> > Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data
to the
> > bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data,
Edit/Copy
> > it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook.
> >
> > If that's not what you want, can you be more specific?
> >

> > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867"
> > <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel
file, can I
> > >import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two
together without
> > >having to retype.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/15/2004 5:22:56 AM
My spreadsheet just consists of two columns and many many rows.  Both
spreadsheets are like this but #1 spreadsheet is over a year old with some
modifications by me (adding new rows of addresses).  Spreadsheet #2 is the
newer of the two (only 2 columns and tons more rows).  I want to incorporate
my changes into #2 by trying to import my info from #1 into #2.

"kimbers867" wrote:

> I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I
> import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two together without
> having to retype.
Hi
still lacking details :-)
You may post some example rows of data and yourn expected result (plain
text - no attachments please)

--

> My spreadsheet just consists of two columns and many many rows.  Both
> spreadsheets are like this but #1 spreadsheet is over a year old with
some
> modifications by me (adding new rows of addresses).  Spreadsheet #2
is the
> newer of the two (only 2 columns and tons more rows).  I want to
incorporate
> my changes into #2 by trying to import my info from #1 into #2.
>
> "kimbers867" wrote:
>
> > I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel
file, can I
> > import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two
together without
> > having to retype.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/15/2004 4:03:37 PM
Basically, you want to add people from #1 that aren't in #2, right?

Copy the worksheet from the 1st file into the 2nd file and name the sheets
NewData and OldData.

I assume that on each sheet, the names are in column A, addresses in column B,
and you have a header in row 1

On the OldData sheet, cell C2, put this formula:

  =COUNTIF(NewData!$A$A,A2)

and copy it down through the last used row.

Use Autofilter on OldData sheet to display only the rows with an 0 in column
C.

Edit/Copy the visible rows, and paste them at the bottom of the list on
NewData.

Then delete column C on the NewData Sheet.

If this isn't what you want, we need more information

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:17:01 -0700, "kimbers867@comcast.net"
<kimbers867comcastnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My spreadsheet just consists of two columns and many many rows.  Both
>spreadsheets are like this but #1 spreadsheet is over a year old with some
>modifications by me (adding new rows of addresses).  Spreadsheet #2 is the
>newer of the two (only 2 columns and tons more rows).  I want to incorporate
>my changes into #2 by trying to import my info from #1 into #2.
>
>"kimbers867" wrote:
>
>> I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can
>> import the two?  There must be an easy way to merge the two together
without
>> having to retype.

0
anonymous (74717)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Excel formulas imported from tab-delimited files
I am trying to import some tab delimited entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Everything is working fine and dandy except that the formula fields which reference other worksheets in the spreadsheet are not getting automatically resolved unless I double click on them. For example, the "=Employee_Info!Y6" entry is not automatically getting resolved unless I double click on that value. Formulas that do not reference other worksheets are resolving correctly, without any intervention. Can someone kindly suggest how I can get past the problem? Thanks, Nimmi I'm not sure why excel ...

Excel 2007 Chart with Zero Values
I have chart data for sales that I add to each day. I hide the lines for the days to come(ie if it's the 5th, I hide lines for the 6th - 31st) so that the chart doesn't go all the way down to zero for the 6th thru the 31st. I'd like to be able to leave all lines unhid, but not have the chart line go down to zero. I've tried putting N/As in those days that I don't have data, but the chart is still going to down to zero - I don't know if I have a setting wrong or what, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Hi, Try either #N/A or th...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this