can i freeze conditional formating to copy to another worksheet

I have a worksheet with conditional formating (red, green or no-fill) to
highlight data. I want to copy the data and the cell colour to another
standalone spreadsheet. I know it is possible to replace a formula with its
result. Is there some way to achieve the same effect for the conditional
formating before I copy to the second sheet?
0
Lane (11)

One way if the range is small is to copy that range, paste into MSWord and then
copy from there into the other worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Workbook.htm
I am publishing an Excel 2000 Workbook that has 20 worksheet's each with the top row held static with 'Freeze Panes'. However, when viewed in IE6 as an .htm file, the Freeze Panes is not working and the top row just scrolls out of sight.. Any ideas? tia While it's not specifically listed, in the Help file for my XL version ("Limitations of saving data on a Web page"), Freeze Panes isn't retained when the workbook is saved as HTML. Worksheets are saved as HTML tables - HTML tables have no capability to do what Freeze Panes does. You may be able to use ...

conditional formatting
I have uses conditional formattiong to hilighte a cell if there is an N in the cell: =LEFT(A4,1)="n" What I would like to do is hilight the row rather than just the cell. Can anyone help Thanks Dick Say your data's in columns A thru Z Highlight columns A thru Z get into conditional formating For a formula put... =Left($a4,1)='n' This will keep Excel looking at column A for comparison to 'n' yet will highlight columns A thru Z -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown ...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Deleting worksheets in a macro
I have a macro that at the end there are 2 work sheets that I delete. When the macro runs, it stops and asks if I really want to delete the worksheets. Is there something I can add so that it will not ask me if I want to delete? Here is what I have. Sheets("Sheet3").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Sheets("Sheet2").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Thanks Donna Have a look in the below link for details and I hope that you will get some idea. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=Ms-Exl-...