Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?

I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire
row rather than just a single cell.  For example: If the cell value = "Total"
then the entire row is bold.
0
LTShelley (1)

select your range (multiple rows???).

Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection:

format|Conditional formatting
formula is:
=$a3="total"
apply a nice format

--

Dave Peterson
0

Newbie: counting repeated values ???????
Hello all, I know little about Excel that's why i am posting this message here. I have a sheet with several columns, one of those columns have always one of this 2 values: YES or NO My question is, is there a way to count how many YES or NO are in that column and display the number in other cell? I already tried =+COUNTIF(D10:D240,"Yes") but i get a msg saying my form have an error. Thanks in advance, Helder Portugal Helder Take the + sign out of your formula =COUNTIF(C3:C8,"Yes") >-----Original Message----- >Hello all, > >I know little about Excel...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

Can't send/receive

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Can Not Reply To Emails

conditional formatting
I have uses conditional formattiong to hilighte a cell if there is an N in the cell: =LEFT(A4,1)="n" What I would like to do is hilight the row rather than just the cell. Can anyone help Thanks Dick Say your data's in columns A thru Z Highlight columns A thru Z get into conditional formating For a formula put... =Left($a4,1)='n' This will keep Excel looking at column A for comparison to 'n' yet will highlight columns A thru Z -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown ...

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...