can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c

When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed
in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating
to the contents.  For example if the imported filename is
count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display
count_200505110035.csv.  Any ideas welcomed please?
0
JohnG (43)

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

can i create message for icon which create in DLL
Hello guys, how to call NOTIFYICONDATA and post message to the icon in MFC extension dll? I can create the icon, but i can not catch the message which point to the icon. my code in DllMain: CreateDialog((HINSTANCE)AfxGetApp(),MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDD_DIALOG1),NULL,SetDispDlgProc); dlgTimer.Create(IDD_DIALOG1); SetResolutionMenu (dlgTimer); m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_DLLSTATUS); StatusAreaIcon(NIM_ADD,1006,m_hIcon,"running"); but the callback function SetDispDlgProc() never be called except Create, why? thank you! delu "delu" <qiudelu@hotmail.com&...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Moving Transaction Logs to another Drive
Hi, I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... 1. When you move the transaction log location, should you also move the system path location to the same place? 2. What file(s) does the System Path location include? 3. When either or both of these are moved, does the database have to be dismounted? If so, how long does this operation generally take? Thanks. On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:47:41 GMT, "exx" <exx@telus.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a few questions regarding moving transaction logs... > >1. When you move the transaction log location, sho...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

outlook 2000 help file

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another
Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4 domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5 server is the bridge end. Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try to start it manually I get er...

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Outlook 2003

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Wrapping clipart around text
When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of doing the same in Publisher 2000. -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie On the toolbar there is a hand holding a script. This is the wrap tool. Select the object, select the tool. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shazza" <shazzalowe@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:474A689F-DC18-4545-A73B-1E2CDDB34633@microsoft.com... > When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of d...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...