Can I calculate a single page ONLY?

Can I calculate a single sheet only, and disable calculation update on other
sheets? I have several sheets that take a few seconds (too long, in my case)
to re-calculate where I'm running a macro  that plugs a value into a cell and
gets an answer, plugs another value in and gets an answer, etc. I'd like to
calculate only the sheet where  where the calculations are actually being
affected-I'm not concerned with the other sheets.

Thanks
DH

Excel 2003 & 2007 (at least!) have the option to calculate only the current
sheet. Calculation must be set to Manual first. In XL2007 select Formulas
ribbon >> Calculation section >> Calculate sheet. In XL2003 select Tools >>
Options >> Calculation tab >> Calc Sheet. In either version the VBA command
is:

ActiveSheet.Calculate

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"dh13134" wrote:

> Can I calculate a single sheet only, and disable calculation update on other
> sheets? I have several sheets that take a few seconds (too long, in my case)
> to re-calculate where I'm running a macro  that plugs a value into a cell and
> gets an answer, plugs another value in and gets an answer, etc. I'd like to
> calculate only the sheet where  where the calculations are actually being
> affected-I'm not concerned with the other sheets.
>
> Thanks
> DH

Removing Page or Section Break
I am editing a document and when I turn on characters, I have run across these "Chinese Star" characters that seem to act like page breaks. According to other articles listed in newsgroups, there are no page breaks. How do I get rid of this character? ...

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

Can't send/receive

Page numbers 12-02-09
On MS Word 2003, I am formatting a 5.5 x 8.5 book. How can I get the page numbers to come in at 7.75? I tried bringing the bottom 'margin' up to 8.5, but the numbers still come in at 10.5 on the 11" vertical page. Actually I've tried a lot of things! Footers also seem to want to hit the bottom 1/2 or inch of the 11 available. How to number so that they show within the 8.5 space on a 'sheet'?. Susanne, sideways isn't an option, because I may go for a 6 x 9 format. TIA! Sylvia M. You must change your footer margin as well as the bottom margi...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

navigate from HTML page in resource
Hello, I use WebBrowser Control to navigate in Web page. But I have a problem with HTML page in resource. I can load these pages with : TCHAR tszPath[MAX_PATH]; CString strURL; GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), tszPath, sizeof(tszPath)); strURL.Format(_T("res://%s/%d"), tszPath, IDR_TUTO_10); m_wndWebbrowser.Navigate(strURL,0,0,0,0); But if the page contain a Picture (.jpg) , instead of having the picture I have nothing, only a red cross. How can I include the JPG to my resource and to show it when the HTML page is loade ?? Thx in advance, and excuse me for my very ba...

How do I calculate duty times
How do I calculate duty times and need to separate if any one is late and their overtime Hi, Take a look at C. Pearson web it has the answers you are looking for http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm If this was helpful please say yes, thanks "Sala" wrote: > How do I calculate duty times and need to separate if any one is late and > their overtime ...

Can not archive

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...