Can Excel produce a POSTNET barcode based on a zip code field?

Background:
I am performing a mail merge into Word from an excel spreadsheet containing
address information.  "Address Block" in Word mail merge function doesn't
offer POSTNET barcode field to be included.  Word offers a field code that
produces a POSTNET barcode based on a bookmark.  However, bookmarks do not
stick to a particular field during mail merge.

Problem:
If I can produce a POSTNET barcode in a separate column in Excel based on
the zip code column, I can drop a merge field into Word that will accept it.
Does anyone know the function name in Excel to do this?
0
dgneal25 (1)

Sorry, but AFAIK, it's not possible.

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:53:03 -0800, "dgneal25"
<dgneal25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Background:
>I am performing a mail merge into Word from an excel spreadsheet containing
>address information.  "Address Block" in Word mail merge function doesn't
>offer POSTNET barcode field to be included.  Word offers a field code that
>produces a POSTNET barcode based on a bookmark.  However, bookmarks do not
>stick to a particular field during mail merge.
>
>Problem:
>If I can produce a POSTNET barcode in a separate column in Excel based on
>the zip code column, I can drop a merge field into Word that will accept it.
>Does anyone know the function name in Excel to do this?

0
anonymous (74717)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Fields in TransactionEntry table
I hope someone can help me understand the contents of three fields in the TransactionEntry table in RMS. I'm trying to see if I can use data stored in these fields to correct the Price in my Item table. Two of the fields are the FullPrice and Price. It appears to me that the Price field is the price charged at the register, the FullPrice is something like the Price in Item. The PriceSource field seems to be a code that is 1 if the regular price is charged, 10 if the price is changed by the cashier and other values depending on the size of the discount applied at the register. My h...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Can not archive

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Looking for Excel Help