Can custom headers be linked to a cell in the worksheet?

This was a feature in 123 where header or footer information could be
retrieved from a cell in the worksheet.  Is there anything similar in Excel?

You could use a macro...

For instance, this code goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text
    End With
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

I would like the text in cell a1, which is my e7, to be in the header on all
7 of my worksheets - is this possible?

I hope this makes sense.  Thanks for your help.
-pam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could use a macro...
>
> For instance, this code goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:
>
> Option Explicit
> Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
>     With Worksheets("sheet1")
>         .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text
>     End With
> End Sub
>

> Texas_Toast wrote:
> >
> > This was a feature in 123 where header or footer information could be
> > retrieved from a cell in the worksheet.  Is there anything similar in Excel?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

You would change this:

With Worksheets("sheet1")
With Worksheets("Expense Worksheet")
(It has to match exactly.)

(It really is named "expense worksheet"??)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sorry to be dense on this.  The header isn't pulling the information from e7
so I think I haven't done this properly.
-pam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You would change this:
>
> With Worksheets("sheet1")
> With Worksheets("Expense Worksheet")
> (It has to match exactly.)
>
> (It really is named "expense worksheet"??)
>

> Pam in California wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to enter this marco, and need some clarification as I am having
> > some trouble with with macro.
> >   With Worksheets("sheet 1"), sheet 1 would be the worksheet that contains
> > the information, and the range "a1" is the cell, correct?  My worksheet name
> > is Expense Worksheet.  Do I need to change the worksheet name to
> > Expense_Worksheet?
> >
> > I would like the text in cell a1, which is my e7, to be in the header on all
> > 7 of my worksheets - is this possible?
> >
> > I hope this makes sense.  Thanks for your help.
> > -pam
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You could use a macro...
> > >
> > > For instance, this code goes behind the ThisWorkbook module:
> > >
> > > Option Explicit
> > > Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
> > >     With Worksheets("sheet1")
> > >         .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text
> > >     End With

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Does that worksheet name have a space between words or an underscore?

Expense_Worksheet
or
Expense Worksheet

You have to match it exactly the way you see it on the tab itself.

--

Dave Peterson
0

thanks,
-pam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Does that worksheet name have a space between words or an underscore?
>
> Expense_Worksheet
> or
> Expense Worksheet
>
> You have to match it exactly the way you see it on the tab itself.
>

> Pam in California wrote:
> >
> > So my macro would look like this:
> > Option Explicit
> > Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
> >      With Worksheets ("Expense_Worksheet")
> >         .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("e7").Text
> >      End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > Sorry to be dense on this.  The header isn't pulling the information from e7
> > so I think I haven't done this properly.
> > -pam
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You would change this:
> > >
> > > With Worksheets("sheet1")
> > > With Worksheets("Expense Worksheet")
> > > (It has to match exactly.)
> > >
> > > (It really is named "expense worksheet"??)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

One more question - the font prints small.  What's the line I would use to
print times roman 12 pt.

Thanks again for your help.
-pam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Does that worksheet name have a space between words or an underscore?
>
> Expense_Worksheet
> or
> Expense Worksheet
>
> You have to match it exactly the way you see it on the tab itself.
>

> Pam in California wrote:
> >
> > So my macro would look like this:
> > Option Explicit
> > Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
> >      With Worksheets ("Expense_Worksheet")
> >         .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("e7").Text
> >      End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > Sorry to be dense on this.  The header isn't pulling the information from e7
> > so I think I haven't done this properly.
> > -pam
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You would change this:
> > >
> > > With Worksheets("sheet1")
> > > With Worksheets("Expense Worksheet")
> > > (It has to match exactly.)
> > >
> > > (It really is named "expense worksheet"??)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

It depends on what you want to do.

Do you want every worksheet in the workbook to have that header that from
Expense_worksheet (with the underscore)?

Do you want just some to have it?

Do you want to use E7 from each of the worksheets in that worksheet's header?

I'm guessing that not all get the header, but when it does, it comes from the
Expense_worksheet.

If I'm close, then one way:

Option Explicit

    Dim wCtr As Long
    Dim WksNames As Variant

    WksNames = Array("Expense_Worksheet", "some other sheetname", "sheet 99")

    For wCtr = LBound(WksNames) To UBound(WksNames)
        Worksheets(WksNames(wCtr)).PageSetup.LeftHeader _
            = Worksheets("expense_worksheet").Range("e7").Text
    Next wCtr

End Sub

Just keep including the names you want in that array() stuff.

But remember to match them exactly.

--

Dave Peterson
0

..PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("e7").Text
becomes:
..PageSetup.LeftHeader _
      = "&""Times New Roman,Regular""&12 " & .range("e7").text

or maybe (after the other post):

    For wCtr = LBound(WksNames) To UBound(WksNames)
        Worksheets(WksNames(wCtr)).PageSetup.LeftHeader _
                  = "&""Times New Roman,Regular""&12 " _

--

Dave Peterson
0

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

Can't send/receive

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Special offer on exams for UK customers at Allitcertkiller.co.uk
Special offer on exams for UK customers at http://www.Allitcertkiller.co.uk ...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

Bulk attachments

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Custom Receipt
Has anyone managed to create a receipt that displays instead of the price of the item with the discount amount below, the price of the item - the discount? i.e. the discounted price. Thanks Rob I found it. Receipt Properties - Show Line Discount You know it really helps when one looks with there eyes open. Rob "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23oiEHcWbFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Has anyone managed to create a receipt that displays instead of the price > of the item with the discount amount below, the price of the item - the >...

Deleting worksheets in a macro
I have a macro that at the end there are 2 work sheets that I delete. When the macro runs, it stops and asks if I really want to delete the worksheets. Is there something I can add so that it will not ask me if I want to delete? Here is what I have. Sheets("Sheet3").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Sheets("Sheet2").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Thanks Donna Have a look in the below link for details and I hope that you will get some idea. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=Ms-Exl-...

Can not archive