Calendar,Data valid. and "Save as Webpage"

Hi,
I tried for the first time to save a file as a web page. The sheet has a
calendar and simple code to add the calendae selection to the active cell. I
also have a data validation formula to change the list contents based on
another cell's input.
When I saved the file as a webpage (in anticipation of a upcoming work
project) the .html file was only a copy of the worksheet with no controls or
data validation. I tried again and added user interaction, but still only
the worksheet and nothing else.
Is it possible to save as webpage and keep it exactly like the .xls file and
if so, how do I do it?
Thanks, Jim

0
HugeElvis (8)

As you have noticed, "saving" to a webpage is more like 'printing' to a
webpage.  the webpage is not an active excel worksheet.

"Jim Edwards" wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried for the first time to save a file as a web page. The sheet has a
> calendar and simple code to add the calendae selection to the active cell. I
> also have a data validation formula to change the list contents based on
> another cell's input.
> When I saved the file as a webpage (in anticipation of a upcoming work
> project) the .html file was only a copy of the worksheet with no controls or
> data validation. I tried again and added user interaction, but still only
> the worksheet and nothing else.
> Is it possible to save as webpage and keep it exactly like the .xls file and
> if so, how do I do it?
> Thanks, Jim

Calendar,Data valid. and "Save as Webpage"
Hi, I tried for the first time to save a file as a web page. The sheet has a calendar and simple code to add the calendae selection to the active cell. I also have a data validation formula to change the list contents based on another cell's input. When I saved the file as a webpage (in anticipation of a upcoming work project) the .html file was only a copy of the worksheet with no controls or data validation. I tried again and added user interaction, but still only the worksheet and nothing else. Is it possible to save as webpage and keep it exactly like the .xls file and if so, how do I ...

Save As Webpage
Hello, I searched the forum and didn't see this issue addressed. Is it possible for Excel to insert some of my own custom HTML code into the files generated by Save As Webpage? Here's my aim: We use Excel's "Save as Webpage" feature to post several different spreadsheets/charts on a website. I am beginning to use Google Analytics to track visitors, which requires me to insert a few lines of HTML into every page tracked (see http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55488 for sample code). Since I want to track vi...

Trouble with Save as Webpage
I am making a webpage from an XLS file. Somehow the process picks up a text box that I deleted days ago - I cannot find it on the worksheet but it's on the webpage Is there a VBA procedure to do a total cleanup? Many thanks -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email Try this If you want to delete all objects/controls on a worksheet you can do it manual like this: 1. Press F5 2. Click on Special 3. Choose Objects 4. OK 5. Press the Delete button -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH...

To Hyperlink or save as Webpage?
I'm trying to do an inventory summary page for work. We have a classification system set up and when the summary page is shown, I'd like it to link to the active inventory sheet but not just the sheet. I'd like it to go directly to the cells it references. In the summary sheet, I may have something like 2.1 (accounting records), 14 cubic feet, located in equipment # 5. Where I have 2.1, I'd like that to link back to the inventory sheet that lists each vendor, not just the sheet itself. I hope this makes sense because it's confusing to even me!! Thanks in advance...

webdings in "save as webpage"
Hi, I am posting a table and would like to have arrows in some of the cells. On my local computer there is no problem using webdings "8" for a right double arrow, and "7" for a left double arrow. Problem is that when I "save as webpage" and FTP it up on the internet then only the 7 and 8 shows up, not the desired arrows. Any idea what I have to do to get the arrows to show? TIA -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson ...

Save as webpage
I have created a button to save my spreadsheet as a webpage here is the code when I hit the button: ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceSheet, _ "C:\WINDOWS\Personal\Emailed Proposals\Page.htm", "FRONT", "", xlHtmlStatic, _ "Proposal for XL_16777", "").Publish (True) ChDir "C:\WINDOWS\Personal\Emailed Proposals" Range("K1").Select It works great!! The only problem is it saves as the same name everytime Page.htm. In the Proposal in cell (n2) it has the Proposal number. I would like to name it using this number. Is ...

save as webpage with password
hi, When i save excel worksheet with password as webpage, there is n password in webpage. Is there any method to retain password in webpage as i dont want som people changing it in the intranet. norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Daily file save as webpage
I have a file that updates via query daily. After the update I would like to save the file as a webpage, say at 08:10 daily with that days date as a file name. i.e. DayReport040424. Can anyone point me to where I could find the code to do this? Thanks in advance ...

Using the Save As Webpage function in Excell
I'm wanting to use the Save as webpage in excell so that i can set the data of a couple row's to show up usingmy active desktop so it is there for eisier refrence, but the problem i'm having is this. It shows the data but there is a bunch if white area round the information that I entred. a huge white border or something. Is there anyway to get it to just show the rows i want with out the white back ground? Dustin, If this is for viewing for the current worksheet then perhaps easie for you is in the Window 'Split' option, where you can size the uppe pane to just a c...

Check Box not working when I save as webpage (.htm)
Hi everyone, I have inserted a Microsoft Forms Check box on my visio document. Within Visio, I can check and uncheck this box. But when I save it as a webpage, it can't be clicked. I know why this happens, because it saves the controls as images. But is there anyway around it, or another way I can put a check box on a visio document so that it can be checked/unchecked when it is saved as a webpage. Thanks in advance, Stefano Hello Stefano, The reason the controls are saved as an image in the web output is that they are represented as images in the Visio document itself. You can see ...

Repeatable Excel Crash
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've got a workbook that has a sheet I'd like to save as a webpage for sharing a report. However, every time I attempt to save the sheet as a webpage Excel crashes, throws the crash reporting dialog, and then restarts. <br><br>The workbook is a &quot;.xlsx&quot; format file (the .xlsb format has proven to be so unstable as to be unusable with constant crashes.). There are 16 worksheets with a about 2-3 thousand raw data cells and another 2-3 thousand formula cells. The sheet in quest...