calculator errors

when i enter an equation into a cell such as:  =product(a1,b1) into cell c1.
If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04.
My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply.  Please help me.
Thank You,
Kat

I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1.  Are they really 1000 and .10 or
are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example)

"Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com...
> when i enter an equation into a cell such as:  =product(a1,b1) into cell
> c1.
> If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals
> 102.04.
> My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply.  Please help me.
> Thank You,
> Kat

0
reply6075 (299)
10/9/2005 2:35:19 AM
Hi,

Maybe B1 actually contains 0.10204 but is formatted to show only two digits
after the decimal point.  Format B1 to show more digits to find out.
Also delete the contents of B1 and manually enter 0.10 and see what happens.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Kat and the Calculator" wrote:

> when i enter an equation into a cell such as:  =product(a1,b1) into cell c1.
> If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04.
> My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply.  Please help me.
> Thank You,
> Kat
Thank you for your reply, Wow you are all correct, I wasn't paying attention
to that. Now for future reference is the only way to see the true number of
the cell to format it?
I'm so sorry I posted this like three times my internet connection was
cutting out on me and I was impatient and wasn't sure if it worked.
thank you again

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1.  Are they really 1000 and .10 or
> are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example)
>
> "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com...
> > when i enter an equation into a cell such as:  =product(a1,b1) into cell
> > c1.
> > If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals
> > 102.04.
> > My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply.  Please help me.
> > Thank You,
> > Kat

Error message #6
I received the following error in Money 2003. I am running Windows XP. "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" How nice. Was there a question here? Seriously, you might want to consult http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "Diana Bowe" <diana.bowe@kerzner.com> wrote in message news:OzwxHfLpDHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I received the following error in Money 2003. I am running Windows XP. > > "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" > > ...

Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system error
Recently the Compat Pack has stopped working. I am in Email, double click on ..docx document, word opens but "There was an error opening the file" appears. Will not convert. I deleted my Compatibility Pack, downloaded another, still the same message appears. Any suggestions? Does this have anything to do with Word for Macintosh?... That's the group you've posted to. If this is a Windows issue there is a link below for getting to the Win Office groups, but before using it: Have you tried saving the attachment to your local HD then opening the saved copy? Atte...

Data Error
Hi, I have just upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I am able to open CRM via IE and get all the tool bars and options however in the data pain I am just recieving the error message: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have been working on the assumption that there is a permissions error but all seems fine both within CRM and on the SQL side. Any advice ? Thanks Brian ...

Sharing workbook error message
File is not shared upon open I click to share and get error After sharing a workbook, when I go to save it I get this message, "This file is no longer shared'. Yet the title shpws shared. I attempt to unshare and receive the same error message.. WHy and what is fix? -- dbutcher I have been having the same problem for the past week. Did you get a fix? "Deb" wrote: > File is not shared upon open I click to share and get error After sharing a > workbook, when I go to save it I get this message, > "This file is no longer shared'. Yet the ...

How to calculate age of a person?

PSASPI error
another one of our users is getting the following error. the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL I have renamed the file in question which is in the sys32 dir and still recieving this error message. I here it may do to the fact that the user has IE7 on her machine is this true? sorry forgot to mention that this is an XP machine. "Andre" wrote: > another one of our users is getting the following error. > > the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic > link library PSAPI.DLL...

Error starting
Hi, when i try to connect to the CRM i get the following error: errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80040E4D ...

Due Date Calculated

MSCRM Email Error messages.
Our Event viewer is full with these kind of error mesages (hundreds of messages): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMEmail Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 11/11/2008 Time: 12:31:39 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMPROD Description: #9628 - An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject "XXX CRM:00230031" in mailbox crmmail@MYCOMPANY.COM for delivery to http://crmprod/MYCOMPANY. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process r...

Error with Business Portal 3.0 Timesheet Approval
Hi, I am getting an error when trying to approve a timesheet in Business Portal 3.0: Processing failed for DYNSA-TS-090206-6 : Total Costs does not match sum of detail line costs I ran an SQL Profiler trace and found that the TotalCost field in PDK10000 adds up to the lines in PDK10001. This error only happens when time is entered on more that one line. I am running GP 9.0 SP1 and eConnect runtime 9.0.1. Thanks Konrad Konrad, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I have seen this error before, and it was due to missing data. Check the following columns: PA01201: PAMCCURNCYID PA01301...

Error Message: Could not open one or more attachments
Whenever I use the "Send To" options in Excel, Word or any text format and choose "mail as attachments" in Outlook 2000, I keep getting the error message "Could not open one or more attachments." Any ideas to fix this? Any help is very much appreciated. ...

SOP Transaction error
When I create SOP Transaction, due to power failure, the transaction No. is lost and it shows posted. Now I can’t use inventory items which I entered in that one. In inventory those items are allocated. After making check links I am getting following message : Sales Work This file cannot be processed while other users are accessing it. But no body logged in to system while making check links. How I can solve this issue Hi Syam, First i would make sure nobody is using any resources in the SY00800 and SY00801 files in the DYNAMICS database. Then I would check the batch staus and...

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Pub 2002 reinstall errors-PLEASE HELP ME!
I was having trouble with fonts in Publisher 2002 so I tried to reinstall. When I put the cd in an ran install I get the following message: Setup has detected that the Office System Pack installation did not complete successfully. Would you like setup to try to repair your install? When I click Yes, a System Files Update error pops up: This system does not require any system file updates to run Microsoft Publisher 2002; the System Files Update will not run on this computer. When I click OK, it just closes the error. I uninstalled and tried install, the same thing happens. So I upgra...

Error 58
Hello: IN the past three weeks, whenever I open a new/old Excel Spreadsheet, I get the dialog box that says " Microsoft Visual Basic - File already exists" and when I select OK , I am able to proceed. I am also getting an error in VBA (which I did not inthe past) that says that SolverStepThru is not defined (and it asks me to insert a file). When I cancel it allows me to proceed. Finally I removed all references in my macro to "SOlverStepThru" (which I thought wa standard function in Solver) (I was using a tip from ExcelForum) HELP !!!! thanks msuryexcel -- msury...

i want to send email every i trail it said error on server please
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "i want to send email the server said err" <i want to send email the server said err@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E9845EE-A272-44E4-BD89-6F145AB0B0E6@microsoft.com... | "i want to send email the server said err" <i want to send email the server said err@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E9845EE-A272-44E4-BD...

Outlook.EXE error message Outlook 2000.
When I open the Address Book and scroll down to contacts it comes up fine. After I start scrolling down it locks up and gives the outlook.exe error message. What could be causing this issue? SP3 is installed. ...

tenure calculations

Search Account Error.
Another strange behaviour occured today. User try to search accounts starting with "am" CRM displays an error message that error encounters etc. while if user give any other letters as search criteria, it worked fine. even If user try to go to Page 2 of list page. it also give the same error because 2nd page has account names starting with am. It doesnot looks logical but It is occuring. I restarted the machine and verified it several time and same behaviour. Regards, BizWorld. Something is strange with your CRM environment. Search account starting with "am" di...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time