Calculation --- What's going on?

Does anyone know how to find out what Excel is doing as it recalculates?  I
have a large spreadsheet (7+M).  When it calculates the completion percentage
at the bottom left hand corner pauses at several values (22%, 43%, 92%, ect.)
The sheet takes over 30 seconds to recalculate and so far I have not been
able to determine why.  I thought if I could find out what Excel is
recalculating during these pauses it might give me insite as to what's
happening.

Also, one worksheet in the workbook was copied from another workbook.  When
I use shift-F9 \, that is the only worksheet that has an extremely long
calculation time.  During the pasting process I got a pop-up that ask how I
wanted to paste the sheet.  The only option that it affered that made sense
was the Microsoft Excel 8 option.  I pasted it and all the formulas pasted
fine.  I have Excel 2002 ver 10.
0
SteveM (28)

Charles Williams has a download which analyses your spreadsheet and tells
you where the time is consumed. However, it is not free.
His site contains many tips and lots of information about how Excel
calculates and how to improve performance of your spreadsheet:

www.decisionmodels.com

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Steve M" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to find out what Excel is doing as it recalculates?
> have a large spreadsheet (7+M).  When it calculates the completion
> percentage
> at the bottom left hand corner pauses at several values (22%, 43%, 92%,
> ect.)
> The sheet takes over 30 seconds to recalculate and so far I have not been
> able to determine why.  I thought if I could find out what Excel is
> recalculating during these pauses it might give me insite as to what's
> happening.
>
> Also, one worksheet in the workbook was copied from another workbook.
> When
> I use shift-F9 \, that is the only worksheet that has an extremely long
> calculation time.  During the pasting process I got a pop-up that ask how
> wanted to paste the sheet.  The only option that it affered that made
> sense
> was the Microsoft Excel 8 option.  I pasted it and all the formulas pasted
> fine.  I have Excel 2002 ver 10.

0
nicolaus (2022)

Outlook: Stiiiiiiiill Going....
Since Outlook made its debut in Office 97, Outlook will not close properly after I shut it down. I'm now using Office Outlook 2003, and STILL have that problem. I must manually close it from the task list in Windows XP. I'm using POP mail accounts, no Exchange at all. I have seen posts with "me, too" and "I have the same problem" but I have not seen anything that SOLVES the problem. Outlook 97, Outlook 2000, Outlook XP and now Outlook 2003. Stiiiiiiiiill going......... -- NOTE: To reply, DELETE the obvious word in my e-mail address you need to DELETE i...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

SW to go beyond the Single Information Store OK 2003 search folder limit ?
As described in http://tinyurl.com/rqv4m , the outlook 2003 search folders can only include message items from within a single Information Store. Do you know of any software that I could install to go beyond that limit? I'm willing to pay for it. I would use it to create a "for follow up" search folder containing the messages I flagged from various Information Stores. Some software such as LookOut can scan multiple stores but by design a search folder can only search within its own store. It has to create a MAPI restriction which is a by store thing. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Ou...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

Where do my CWnd message go?
Where does my CWnd message go? When I click the scrollbar, in the overwritten OnVScroll I call a method putting a command in the queue of my worker thread. My worker thread executes the command and post a message on a hidden window created in the GUI thread. But the message never arrives. Where does it go? This works perfectly if I click a button in the toolbar, then a command is put in the queue of the worker thread which execute the command and post a message back on the hidden window when it is finished. The hidden window is created in a class derived from CWnd. The messages re...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

can't go online again in Sales for Outlook
Hi, I'm stumped. A user has been getting error dialog boxes ("unexpected error: try again or close") using Sales for Outlook recently but things seems to still be working. However, today he clicked on "offline" and turned off his laptop. Later when he clicked on "online" he got the error "unexpected error. please contact your system admin". He also tried to use another laptop but Outlook wouldn't even boot--it crashed at startup. Can anyone please help? Thanks so much. Hi Joseph, I think, that your outlook profil is corrupt. Before y...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

When I go to insert picture from file in Publisher 2000,
When I go to insert a picture from My Picture file in Publisher 2000, my computer freezes and sends an error report. I can't even go to my documents to insert anything without computer locking. Help! New development? Did you install the new Window updates? Perhaps the following will explain & resolve your issue: Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 Easy Fix: Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web soft...