Calculating totals

I have two columns on a worksheet: "Project Codes" and "Totals."  I would
like to have columns on another worksheet that will automatically total up
the different project numbers "A,B,C,etc."  How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help,
                 Technically Handicapped
0
Ignorant (1)

Enter a *unique* list of your "Project Codes", starting in A2 of Sheet2.
In B2, enter this formula:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2,Sheet1!B:B)

And copy down as needed.
--

HTH,

RD

"Blissfully Ignorant" <Blissfully Ignorant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:4C5DBBA9-C5B7-4450-8139-E96FBCAD1F54@microsoft.com...
I have two columns on a worksheet: "Project Codes" and "Totals."  I would
like to have columns on another worksheet that will automatically total up
the different project numbers "A,B,C,etc."  How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help,
                 Technically Handicapped

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Query to create multipe total fields
Ok, I have a fairly basic table. The table lists an ID number, a budget number, and a dollar amount. Some ID numbers have multiple budget numbers and dollar amounts associated with them. My task is to create a Make Table query that takes all the records and only have one row for each unique ID number. For instances where the ID number has multiple rows associated with it in the original table, I need to create additional columns (i.e. budgetnumber1, total1, budgetnumber2, total2, etc.) so that all the data for each individual can be viewed in one row. What is the best way to...

Total Questions
I currently use the autofilter on a spreadsheet to find all of the departments. I also use a subtotal function,=subtotal(9,c2:c128), to total all of the amounts of the department. What I need to know how to do is divide and multiply these subtotal amounts, so that I can get these totals when I use the autofilter, instead of manually calculating each one. Ex. If I have Unit Price and Total Ordered. I need to have these both multiplied. And if I have to find a percentage, I need to divide Unit Price by Total Billed. Please help. Thank You You want this done on a row by row basis - wh...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Totals For An Inside Row Field In a Pivot Table
Hello, Is it possible to get totals for an inside row field in a pivot table? I have a table in layout as follows: Row Fields - Section, Year Column Fields - Rev, Exp, FTE OR: ...........................................Rev...........Exp.............FTE Sect............Year 3425... .....................2000................$$$.........$$$.........## .......................2001.................$$$.........$$$.........## ........................2002................$$$.........$$$.........## 3428... .....................2000................$$$.........$$$.........## .....................

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Carry Subtotal to Grand Total
I created a subtotal by Serial number that creates the following in the Serial Number Footer: Name: SumCopies Control Source: =Max([PRESENTRRev])-Min([PRESENTRRev]) In the Report Footer I created the following: Name: SumSumCopies Control Source: Sum([SumCopies]) The system does not recognize SumCopies in the Report Footer and treats it like a parameter. I cannot move the formula to the SumSumCopies field since the max and min calculation should only be done for a particular serial number. Is there a way to fix this problem ? As you found, you can't sum a calculated control li...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...