Calculating cells blanks

I am trying to write an "IF" formula that calculates when the cell contains info, and when blank refers to another cell for the calculation information. I keep receiving the FALSE message. What am I doing wrong

Thanks in advance
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi
try something like
=IF(A1<>"",your calculation,other cell calculation)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

cootz wrote:
> I am trying to write an "IF" formula that calculates when the cell
> contains info, and when blank refers to another cell for the
> calculation information. I keep receiving the FALSE message. What am
> I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/19/2004 10:11:42 PM
Thanks...it works!!

     ----- Frank Kabel wrote: ----

     try something lik
     =IF(A1<>"",your calculation,other cell calculation

     --
     Regard
     Frank Kabe
     Frankfurt, German

     cootz wrote
     > I am trying to write an "IF" formula that calculates when the cel
     > contains info, and when blank refers to another cell for th
     > calculation information. I keep receiving the FALSE message. What a
     > I doing wrong?
     >> Thanks in advanc

0
anonymous (74721)

How do I determine row number of a cell containing a certain number?
I have a spreadsheet in which some of the entries in column A contain integers starting with 1 and increasing by 1 until a maximum value (never more than 50). In between, the A cells are blank, even though their rows contain data in the other columns. The number of rows between those with entries in column A is variable. For example, entries might be: A5=1, A9=2, A11=3, A17=4. So there are three blank rows between A5 and A9, one between A9 and A11, and five between A11 and A17. The problem is to determine the number of the row that has the highest number in column A. In my spreadsheet,...

Macro to shade row of searched cell
OK I've looked all over for this but couldn't find it anywhere. I wan to make a macro that searches for a particular value (that would b contained in a cell but not necessarily the only value in the cell) an highlight the corresponding row and not just the cell. I have a macr that searches for a value and highlights the cell containing part o the entire value but I need the entire row shaded. Here's the cel macro. Sub Finder() On Error Resume Next Dim sh As Worksheet Dim rng As Range x = InputBox("Enter Search Term", "Search") Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

How do I calculate duty times
How do I calculate duty times and need to separate if any one is late and their overtime Hi, Take a look at C. Pearson web it has the answers you are looking for http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm If this was helpful please say yes, thanks "Sala" wrote: > How do I calculate duty times and need to separate if any one is late and > their overtime ...

Skip Group Header Sections if below Sections are Blank
The report I created is based on a quality evaluation form, which the information is stored in SQL. The evaluation form has 6 sections with a number of questions in each section. 3 of the sections will always have answers, notes, etc. However, depending on the evaluation only one other section will be used. When I run the report I created, it will list all sections with blank areas for the sections that were not used in the evaluation. What I want to the report to do is remove the sections with blank fields, is this possible? The report has 4 Group Headers: *QGroupSequence He...

Linking cell in Excel to Folder in Outlook 2000
I have a contact list in Outlook that I wish to link to from Excel 2000 D:\MSOFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE /select outlook:173 works perfectly from the RUN command. However, using the Hyperlink command in cell formatting does not. My wife runs a parking lot and needs to be able to click on a parking space, say 201 in Excel and have the clients contact information come up from Outlook. In this case the folder 173 contains all the information on a block of contacts 173 to 210. 173 is by default a .xnt file but Excel doesn't by default appear to be able to deal with one. Any ideas ? I obvio...

Looking for a simple SOP Freight Calculator
We want to automatically calculate freight charges in SOP based on a % of invoice sales subtotal and shipping method. Is there an ISV product that does this? Thanks. Check this out: http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=2 "Lou" wrote: > We want to automatically calculate freight charges in SOP based on a % of > invoice sales subtotal and shipping method. Is there an ISV product that > does this? > Thanks. ...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

Excel
Excel allows 32,767 characters in a single cell but it only displays th first 1,024. Is there a way around this? If so, please explain i laymans terms. Thank you very much for any help you can provide -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't break the 32k limit, but you can see more characters in the cell if you pepper (a layman's term <bg>) your text with a bunch of alt-enters where you want to see line breaks within the cell. Hit and hold the alt and then hit enter at various spots. JTD wrote: > > Excel allows 32,767 characters in a single cell but...

RED calculation
It would be nice for the begin date to default from the transaction date, the profile to dictate the deferral period and hence the end date. This would allow transactions assigned to profiles to work correctly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Worksheet Calculations Exclude Custom Formula
I want to exclude certain custom calculations calculating when I use the VBA worksheet calculate event (i.e. Activesheet.Calculate) on custom functions. Is this possible? Thanks in advance This seemed to work in simple testing. Maybe you can enhance it: Option Explicit Public StopCalc As Boolean Function myFunc() As Variant Application.Volatile True If StopCalc Then myFunc = Application.Caller.Text Exit Function Else myFunc = Now End If End Function Sub testme01() StopCalc = True ActiveSheet.Calculate StopCalc = False End Sub Sub tes...

fill a particular cell on a series of worksheets from a lookup tab
In the first worksheet of my workbook I have a list of part numbers listed in a column, say approximately 20 part numbers. I would like to have one worksheet for each part number, with cell A1 containing the part number for that worksheet. So if my list was: pn1 pn37 pn469 pn2034 then cell A1 of the first worksheet in the series would ="pn1", cell a1 in the second worksheet of the series would ="pn37" Is there an easy way to populate these worksheets from the list? Thanks, Rob Samples You could use a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim testWks ...

The content of my cells (formulas) isn't updated automatically any
Hi, When I enter '=A1' in B1, and I change the value of A1, the content of B1 isn't updated anymore. I think the formulas stopped working after installing Service Pack 2 for Office XP 2003. Is there a way to make my formulas work again? Thanks, christophe Tools/Options/Calculation. Click on the Automatic radio button. In article <779E7BAB-58E9-4907-815B-636CAA20236F@microsoft.com>, Christophe <Christophe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > When I enter '=A1' in B1, and I change the value of A1, the content of B1 > isn't update...

formulas not calculating
I work in Excel 2002. As of today, my simple formulas have stop working. ie, =D1-C1. I have to hit F9 every time I want the formula to calculate. I don't know if I turned something off or what. Thanks in advance of any help cindy Cindy Tools>Options>Calculation. Set to "Automatic". If you're wondering how it got switched to "manual"...... Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first workbook opened in that session. i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc mode would be in Manua...

Calculating pay dates
If a date is a friday, I want to display the previous Thursday (MM/DD/YYYY). If a date is a Saturday - Thursday, I want to display the Thursday as a date (MM/DD/YYYY). To illustrate, if the date is 05/28/2010, I want to display 05/27/2010. If the date is 05/29/2010 - 06/03/2010, I want to display 06/03/2010. I hope this is clear. Thank you, BW On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:08:01 -0700, BW <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If a date is a friday, I want to display the previous Thursday (MM/DD/YYYY). >If a date is a Saturday - Thursday, I want to display the ...

Link cell to axis maximum and mininum
Hi I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the X-axis maximun and minimum values in an easy way. It would be perfect just to asign e.g. the maximum value to a worksheet cell. Is it possible in any other way to change the chart axis max and min value for more than one chart at a time Best Regard Peter Hi have a look at the following site for an add-in that will achieve this http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter wrote: > Hi, > > I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the...

returning blank cell in criteria o
Currently I am struckling with advanced filtering. In my criteria range one cell contains an IF formula and the false condition it returns an empty cell "". Problem is now that advanced filter does not treat this as a true blank cell; it now only matches with strings. So if I have figure in this column of my database, it is not selected. I would like to return a true blank from my IF formula, so that everything is matched both strings and figures. Is this possible? Bye Joop One way is with a criteria of: ="<>?*" And that cell with the formula isn't really em...

Conditional formatting dependent on 3 cells
I want to highlight a line only if it meets 3 criteria from differen cells. For example A2=Y, B2 or D2=Y, C2=Y. If three equal Y, the highlight the row. What's the proper way to format this? Also, is there a quick way to apply the same formula for conditiona formatting for every row? Thanks for any and all help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. Select the cells that you want to format (e.g. A2:D50) 2. Choose Format>Conditional Formatting 3....

Referencing a cell from another worksheet
I am in cell F5 of worksheet "January" and am trying to get it to display what is in cell B1 of worksheet "Sheet1" within the same workbook. For some reason it won't show the value, it just shows me the formula i've typed in. I tried: ='Sheet1'!B1 (which i have in another document and it's working fine) ='Sheet1!'B1 =Sheet1!B1 Help! Occasionally Excel can be stubborn that way. Try an alternative method of entering the formula. Within teh cell where the formula is type the "=" then navigate to the worksheet and cell ...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

Populate cells with a unit price
For business purposes. I would like to put an item or model # in one cell and have the price for this particular item automatically populate the cell to it's right. because each sale could be different I want to the form to populate the unit price for any item that I input in a particular cell Hope this makes sense Thanks Hi Luka You need to take a look at the VLOOKUP function. You will find an easy explanation at Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Roger Govier "luka" <luka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Send the Document, may differ some place due to cell contents...
I think subject wasn't so good that tell you what i wanted to do... I have a text that is about an a4 page in Word. I have an Database of about 150 firms. And two colums; Company name & Company Productivety. Company name Producktivety a 90 b 50 ... .. ... .. And so goes. And the text is like; -------------------------- .................................................. ............ .. ......... Company name: a Company productivety: 90 -...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

How do I print sheets in Excel without blank sheets after page
When I print out sheets in Excel, I get blank pages after the last info. How do I print without these xtra sheets. Highlight your data area, then File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Peggy" wrote: > When I print out sheets in Excel, I get blank pages after the last info. How > do I print without these xtra sheets. Hi Peggy, To delete the used range have a look here http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused or go to File>Print Preview to see which sheets you want to print and which you don't or like Chuck says, set your p...

count coloured cells in a range. Specific colour Red, Green, Blue
Hi I have filled in some cells with different colours, using the fill tool Red Blue Green I need a formula which will calculate each Red cell in a given range? I need a formula which will calculate each Blue cell in a given range? I need a formula which will calculate each Green cell in a given range? Again the range I need will be two different ranges. E.g A1:B5 and D1:D5 I look forward to your response Hi Sizz, See reponse in Programming. --- Regards, Norman ...