calculating and displaying time

i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings.  For som
reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time??

EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55

second how can i calc time
EX start 6:55
end  7:10
ANS   1

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:27:07 -0500, matmich
<<matmich.17hlb5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings.  For some
>reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time??
>
>EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55
>

>second how can i calc time
>EX start 6:55
>end  7:10
>ANS   15
>

>---

1.  Enter 6:55
2.  Enter 655, then, in an adjacent column, enter the formula:
	=TIME(INT(A1/100),MOD(A1,100),) to convert it to Excel time
3.  Write a VBA routine that does the conversion automatically after you enter
the number.  Post back if that is what you require.

If you enter 6:55 in A1, and 7:10 in A2, then =A2-A1 will give you 0:15.

If you want 15, then =(A2-A1)*1440 and format as General.

Excel stores time as a fraction of a day.  So 6:55 is stored as 6/24 + 55/1440
(1440=minutes in a day)

The result of 0:15 is stored as 15/1440, so to see 15, multiply by 1440

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
6/7/2004 5:21:26 PM
Try this.
When you enter time, enter with colon separator.  Excel
will recognize it as time.
If your time points pass midnight, enter date as well
(e.g. 6/7/04 6:55).  In the calculation cell, use time
format 37:30:55; this gives deltas in h:m:s

Hope this helps.

0
anonymous (74718)

Chart percentage display needs to be neater
When using line charts with percentages at various intervals, the resulting chart usually has the percentages displayed over the trendline and I end up having to click each percentage and move them so they can be more easily seen on the chart. Is there a way to automate this either at the time I run the chart or once created? Thanks. You could select the set of labels, press CTRL+1 (numeral one) to open the Format Data Labels dialog, and on the Alignment tab, choose the Above or Below position option, instead of the default Left. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services,...

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

White Space in Distribution List Display Names
Good Afternoon, I'm hoping that someone out there can give me some guidance on white space in DL display names in Exchange 2007. In the past our IT team has used Active Directory Users & Computers to create mail-enabled distribution groups. Now that we are an Exchange 2007 only shop, it's my understanding that these should be created through the Exchange Management Console, which is no problem at all. The problem is, in the past all of our groups were created with a leading space in the display name, ie " Accounting Group" rather than "Accounting ...

Creating and displaying bitmap in a tab control
Hi, I'm creating a custom-draw tab control, and am trying to draw a close button (x) at the end of an item. I've created a bitmap with the close (x) in black color, and the surrouding in white. I add the bitmap to an imagelist and use the CImageList::Draw() method to draw the bitmap. But when the bitmap is displayed, the close symbol is displayed in white, and the surrounding in white itself. I want the close symbol to be drawn in black, but the surrounding (background) to be the same as the tab control's color (i.e grayish). How do I do this? TIA, SD how you are creating...

Calculated field options???

Time Conversion question
One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I need a formula to convert this figure to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed previously). Any help will be much appreciated. =INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:050BD3C6-E67A-4F94-B08B-695A038B33A6@microsoft.com... > One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. > 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Not Windows but Chicago Hawks win Stanley Cup
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook kisses the Stanley Cup after the Blackhawks stunned the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3 in overtime, capturing their first championship in 49 years. As you might guess, Hockey's key competition is named after me. Just kidding. P.S. I didn't know hockey is so active during Summer time, it was 90 degrees here the past week and we're not far from Chicago. Stanley Starinski I have a goat on Route9, NJ at my farm! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:hure3v$...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Printing 2 documents at the same time from different trays
When sending letters to clients, I would like to be able to print a copy on headed and also a copy on plain paper for the file. Is there anyway I can create a setting for this? It would be fairly straightforward using a macro to select the trays and print the document, change trays and print it again. You will find code at http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm that you can modify to achieve this. If you need any further help let us know. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham M...

Run time error with Find Box and automatic DOLE
I have a form for sorting through a catalog of samples. I made a find box on my form for the catalog number so records can be browsed more easily. I added the following code to the before update property of the form to fill the date in the DOLE field whenever the record is edited. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If (IsNull(DOC)) Then DOC = Date DOLE = Date Else DOLE = Now End If End Sub If I switch records using the find box on my form after having changed something in the form I get a run time error. "Run-time error '-214...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...