Here's my Data:

Country         Status
---------         ----------
Canada         Green
Canada         Blue
Canada         Green
Canada         Blue

In my pivot table, 'Country' is an item, and 'Status' is my only data field.
 What I really need to show in my data area is two column of data, one for
'Green' and one for 'Blue'.  I tried creating two 'Calculated' fields with
the following formulas, but they don't seem to be working:

'CalculatedField1' = IF((STATUS="Green"),1,0)
'CalculatedField2' = IF((STATUS="Blue"),1,0)

Can you help please?

Many thanks.

Craig
0
cdavidson (21)

Try this:
Edit the Pivot Table
Click the [Layout] button
Drag the Status field to the COLUMN SECTION

Now that field should be in 2 places.  In DATA as Count of Status and in the
COLUMNS.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"cdavidson" wrote:

> Here's my Data:
>
> Country         Status
> ---------         ----------
> Canada         Green
> Canada         Blue
> Canada         Green
> Canada         Green
> Canada         Blue
>
> In my pivot table, 'Country' is an item, and 'Status' is my only data field.
>  What I really need to show in my data area is two column of data, one for
> 'Green' and one for 'Blue'.  I tried creating two 'Calculated' fields with
> the following formulas, but they don't seem to be working:
>
> 'CalculatedField1' = IF((STATUS="Green"),1,0)
> 'CalculatedField2' = IF((STATUS="Blue"),1,0)
>
> Can you help please?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Craig
Great!  Thanks for the help.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Try this:
> Edit the Pivot Table
> Click the [Layout] button
> Drag the Status field to the COLUMN SECTION
>
> Now that field should be in 2 places.  In DATA as Count of Status and in the
> COLUMNS.
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>

> "cdavidson" wrote:
>
> > Here's my Data:
> >
> > Country         Status
> > ---------         ----------
> > Canada         Green
> > Canada         Blue
> > Canada         Green
> > Canada         Green
> > Canada         Blue
> >
> > In my pivot table, 'Country' is an item, and 'Status' is my only data field.
> >  What I really need to show in my data area is two column of data, one for
> > 'Green' and one for 'Blue'.  I tried creating two 'Calculated' fields with
> > the following formulas, but they don't seem to be working:
> >
> > 'CalculatedField1' = IF((STATUS="Green"),1,0)
> > 'CalculatedField2' = IF((STATUS="Blue"),1,0)
> >
> > Can you help please?
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Craig
0
cdavidson (21)

IIF statement pulling from wrong field
I have a query have has the 5 variations of the following IIF statement: Bag Total: IIf(" " & [Unit of Measure] & " " Like "* BAG *",[Qty],Null) this statement says to add up if the unit of measure if it is a bag. I am attempting to add another IIF statement that says =Sum(IIf([product type] Like "*printed*", [pounds], 0)) - I am trying to add up if the product type has the word printed in it total it at each customer and at the end of the report. When I use this IIF statement on my report, it is totalling the amount from the printed IIf(...

How to calculate age of a person?

Form Fields
I have created a form for use by others. I used the Text form fields format when creating the form, my problem is the main text in the form does not stay locked in place. When we try to type to fill in the form fields it moves the main body text. I have tried using the Document Protection tab and telling it to allow formatting only in the form fields but that still does not prevent the other text from moving. I did this in word 2007. Any idea on what to do to lock the main body in to allow filling in just the Form fields. Hi Michael, The simplest way to gain control over the ...

Due Date Calculated

Save options and paths in vars
Hello! At the moment I'm writing a small backup script with robocopy. Robocopy offers serveral parameters. For example: /XD exclude file list /XF exlude dir list /MIR Mirroring options Within my backup script, all exclude files and dirs are stored in an seperate variable: For example: $excludeFiles = "UsrClass.dat " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG1 " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG2 " + "ntuser.dat " + "ntuser.dat.LOG1 " + "ntuser.dat.LOG2" At the end of my script I'm using all my prepared va...

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Copying Addresses from the To field
I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm trying again! I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800 addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them. Any ideas? thanks If they in the To... field, right click each individually and select Add...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Totals For An Inside Row Field In a Pivot Table

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Bulk Import Blank Fields
I am attempting to perform a bulk import. All contacts result in error. The error occurs every time there is a blank field. The error message is "data in row did not match the import type. There are different fields in each row that are blank. Every row returns error. Is it possible to import blank fields. Also I created a test file with no blank fields that imports with no problem. "Gileon" wrote: > I am attempting to perform a bulk import. All contacts result in error. The > error occurs every time there is a blank field. The error message is "data in >...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...