Calculate Selected Cells Only?

I have a heavy excel workbook with lots of formulas, every time I did
something it was calculating literally for 20mins, so I changed it to Manual
Calculate. Now lets say I add a column and do calculate now it calculates the
whole sheet/workbook for a very long time. Can I tell it to only calculate
the new cells ? or maybe can I have excel calculate only selected cells?

Thanks

Have a look in the below link for more details.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm

------------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
------------------------

"fruitchunk" <fruitchunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a heavy excel workbook with lots of formulas, every time I did
> something it was calculating literally for 20mins, so I changed it to
> Manual
> Calculate. Now lets say I add a column and do calculate now it calculates
> the
> whole sheet/workbook for a very long time. Can I tell it to only calculate
> the new cells ? or maybe can I have excel calculate only selected cells?
>
> Thanks

0
Ms
5/5/2010 2:20:19 AM
I guess I need some kind of VBA code or macro to do Range.Calculate.
Can you help me with that?

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

> Have a look in the below link for more details.
>
> http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm
>
> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
> ------------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> ------------------------

Go through the below link for VBA code.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsh.htm

------------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
------------------------

> I guess I need some kind of VBA code or macro to do Range.Calculate.
> Can you help me with that?
>
> "Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:
>
>> Have a look in the below link for more details.
>>
>> http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm
>>
>> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>> ------------------------
>> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
>> ------------------------

0
Ms

Disallow null/allow null depending on the selection of another fie
Can someone tell me if you can require a field (disallow null) depending on the what a different field says? something like? Private Sub Business_Area_AfterUpdate() If Me.Business_Area = "Electronic Solutions - ES" Then ON Order([Function]) WITH DISALLOW NULL This doesnt work...I have a Combobox named "Business Area" when its field is selected as "Electronic Solutions - ES" I want the adjacent Combobox which Control Source is called "Function" to be a required field. This field is in Table "Order" Field called "Function&quo...

How to refer to a cell format code?
Hi! I have a huge amount of different money values in diffenet cells, and I need to separate/sort them according to the currency. The problem is that the currency has been defined from the cell format menu(Format cell ->custom and # ##0,00\ "AUD"). If I use the FIND or SEARCH tools, they won't find the text AUD because it is not typed in to the cell in a "regular" way. So I'm asking if someone knows how to make a reference to the "AUD" part of the cell format code, so that I could sort those currencies. If someone knows some way to do this sortin...

change of cell coor by software
I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month by software select all the rows from 2 onwards till the end of your data, go to format, conditional formaating. Sleect "Formula Is", and enter the following formula in the box: =month(A2)<>month(A1) and click format, patterns tab, and select a color. Assumption. The dates are in column A Mangesh "rajanku" <rajanku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:145C7BB1-06BD-4C95-8613-AB4DDC219702@microsoft.com... > I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month...

Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria
I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. <twlove@ontuet.com> wrote in message news:1150210856.375367.146410@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") > whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word > "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. =IF(COUNTIF(A2:...

How to calculate age of a person?

Preventing Blank based on another Cell
I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell equals a text value (say "S"). Anyone have an idea? I am stumped at this seemingly easy task. I forgot to add the valid combinations: E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID bluegrassstateworker wrote: > I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I > have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell > equals a text value (sa...

Due Date Calculated

How to define blank cell?
If condition does not meet, then nothing in cell, which I use "" to define blank cell, however, some plug-in for Excel cannot recognize "" as a blank cell. Does anyone have any suggestions on another approach to define blank within formula? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I don't think there is some universal way short of 'Clear contents' - and I hope you don't consider it as an option :-) Really, when you have a formula in cell, it never is empty - whatever the formula returns, there is the formula itself too! Arvi Laanem...

how to calculate outliers

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

Limit choices in one cell dependent based on choice in other cell
Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a list) based on the choice (from a list) in another cell? For example, if (from a list) they pick "Customer Communication" in say column M, they would only get the choice of three issues (instead of the entire list) in column N. Thanks! Mahaas Debra Dalgleish shows how to use dependent lists with data|validation here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html michelle.haas@xerox.com wrote: > > Does anybody know if and how to limit the choices in one cell (from a > list) based on the choice (from a list) ...

Evaluate VLOOKUP in cells in column
Using Excel2003, I have copyied and modified the following code which essentially should fill the value of VLOOKUP(E2,AgeGroup,2) in cells F2:F64500 but I just Cannot seem to get it right. Would really appreciate assistance. Have no VBA knowledge. Sub AgeGroup() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Application.Goto Reference:="R2C6" For j = 6 To 6 Step 1 For i = 2 To 64501 Step 1 Cells(i, j).Resize(1).FormulaR1C1 = _ Evaluate("VLOOKUP(RC[-1],AgeGroup,2)") Next i Next j End Sub Thank you -- Robert Try along the lines of Range(Cells(1, 1),Cel...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Can't see message body until Reply or Fwd is selected
Hello, I have a customer who is using Outlook 2002 on Exchange server 2003. She received an email that only showed the signature but when you choose fwd or reply, the body of the message shows up. We've checked font/backgroud color and that is not the issue. Could this be some strange incompatibility issue between Outlook 2003 (sender) and 2002 (recipient)? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jen ...

Re: 07 Publisher How to set the Vertical Alignment in in a cell??
Hi! Question I am trying to dictate the vertical alignment for text embeded in a table. I can't figure out how to indicate the vertical aligment of each cell. Can you help I have 2007 Publisher. Thank you. Select the table, right click, Format table, Cell properties. This will format all the cells. If you only want one cell, high-light the cell, right-click, Format table, Cell properties. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Shayra" <Shayra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D04B1C6-23DC-4F5F-B414-DF4CCA7C0AD5@microsoft.com... > Hi! Question...

How to print a selection of records ?
Hi, I'm quite a newbie. I've already made a table and a form. How do I search and print a selection of records on a single page of paper ? Example : I want to search John, David, George, Bob phone numbers and print it. Sure ...I can use COPY and PASTE from Microsoft Access to Microsoft Word, each record but it is quite a time consuming. Thank You. If you need to select specific records you will need to learn to make a query based on criteria you desire. If you do not need to select specific records, then make use of the report wizard. You can still print a report using basic...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...