Calculate parts per hour on rotating line

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

7.5 parts per minute.

=500/7.5  returns   66.66667 minutes

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:46:06 -0700, scootr <scootr@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
>Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
>I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
>
>How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
>The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
>
>I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

0
Gord
4/7/2010 5:00:12 PM
so, one part per foot, moving at 7.5 feet per minute, that means you are
getting 7.5 parts per minute, divide 500 parts by 7.5 parts per minute gives
you 66.6666666666666666 minutes to get 500 parts

"scootr" wrote:

> There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
> Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
> I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
>
> How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
> The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
>
> I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?
Sounds like homework.

scootr wrote:

> There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
> Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
> I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
>
> How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
> The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
>
> I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

0
Bob
4/7/2010 5:30:38 PM
EXCEL 2007

I have just put up a file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 90 (at the time of posting).

You can change any of the input cells (I 13, K 13, M 16 or J 22) and the
result in minutes (cell M 26) will get calculated for you automatically.

Thanks.

"scootr" wrote:

> There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
> Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
> I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
>
> How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
> The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
>
> I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?
Naaa.
Not homework
Trying to develope a spreadsheet to automatically calculate total time
needed based on different speeds per minute, parts needed, and spacing apart.
I was just over-complecating things.

Thanks everyone.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Sounds like homework.
>
> scootr wrote:
>
> > There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
> > Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
> > I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
> >
> > How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
> > The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
> >
> > I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?
>
> .

remove the superfluous information and divide speed of belt by distance
between part to get quantity per minute then divide quantity desired by
part rate to find time.

scootr wrote:

> Naaa.
> Not homework
> Trying to develope a spreadsheet to automatically calculate total time
> needed based on different speeds per minute, parts needed, and spacing apart.
> I was just over-complecating things.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Sounds like homework.
>>
>>scootr wrote:
>>

>>>There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
>>>Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
>>>I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.
>>>
>>>How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
>>>The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.
>>>
>>>I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?
>>
>>.

0
Bob

How to calculate age of a person?

need to reducing pages....i need to put the bottom part of a page.
i am working with three colums...i am down to cell 18,000...when i print my workbook it comes to 247 pages. what i want to do is put two pages that are portrait together on one page...maybe make them landscape so that i am printing less pages. also, i want to print on both sides of the page...please help If I may editorialize for a moment: is anyone actually going to read 247 pages of data? One solution may be to open a new tab within your workbook, summarize the two pages of data, and print from there. That will be much more manageable. As for printing both sides, you'll need to...

Due Date Calculated

Attachment Line #2
In Outlook my attachments are included within the body of the message, they used to be included within an attachment line, how do I change back to this ?? Outlook 2002 - SP3 Regards Paul Stringer Paul Stringer wrote: > In Outlook my attachments are included within the body of the message, they > used to be included within an attachment line, how do I change back to this > ?? > > Outlook 2002 - SP3 > > Regards > > Paul Stringer > > Change your email format from RTF to HTML.... ...

how to calculate outliers

Keeping Track of Vacation/Personal Hours Used
What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of vacation and personal time used in Outllook 2002? I would like to automate as much as possible. Would I use Calender or Tasks? Thanks Your best bet is to use an application designed for time-tracking. Outlook is not designed for this specific task. You can use the Journal to tally your time spent on tasks, but I would have no idea how you would track your vacation, since that time is spent out of the office, presumably. Try google.com for time tracking applications, as there are several good ones out there that are d...

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

How to add formulas together, hours & minutes function.
Hi Group, Please could you give me an all singing, all dancing formula, or an explanation of how to put these together. A1 B1 23:00 07:30 =IF(B1<A1,B1+1,B1)-A1 This gives me the hours and minutes 8:30 in C1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) One hour needs to be added so... =C1+01:00 gives me 09:30 in D1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) Then I need it dislayed in decimal format =D1*24 which gives me 9.5 in E1(Format/General) It's not actually set out like that A1 B1 C1 D1, with the result I need in E1, but it makes it easier to explain. It's not urgent, as I already have the calculato...

line break does not appear in CSV
I am formatting text in a cell, and inserting line breaks with CHAR(10) and &. Text in the cell correctly appears with line breaks inserted, when viewed in Excel. I then save the file as a CSV and view that file in Notepad. No line breaks are seen in the CSV. Also tried the " <ALT><ENTER> " method with no success. Using Excel 2007. Viewing CSV in Notepad, with Word Wrap turned off. The "line breaks" will be characters in line with the rest of the printable characters in Notepad. If you want to see the "effects" open the csv file wi...

Formula to calculate time

Sending and receiving twice per provider
Hi, When I launch sending/receiving on my two accounts I can see in dialog box : [P1] Sending [P1] Receiving [P2] Sending [P2] Receiving and a few seconds later 4 other lines again added up : [P1] Sending [P1] Receiving [P2] Sending [P2] Receiving Is it relevant to my configuration or the line ? Thank you. In news:eKOT$Ro8FHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Michel Gervais <Michel_Gervais@Compuserve.com> typed: > Hi, > When I launch sending/receiving on my two accounts I can see in > dialog box : [P1] Sending > [P1] Receiving > [P2] Sending > [P2] Receiving > and a ...

Compiling from command line with macros
Hey, I am building a system that would build our product from command line on a regular basis. Calling msdev from command line is really easy, but I am now having trouble incrementing the version numbers of each build. I followed this KB article http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q237/8/70.ASP to make a VBScript macro that increments the version information on each succesful build. It works like a charm when built from VC++ IDE. The problem is to make it apply to command line builds as well. So the question is, can I compile a workspace from command line so that it would be...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

Enter Hours duration over 24
I thought if I formatted a cell as [h]:mm:ss, I would be able to enter = 57:00 into a cell but it changes it 02/01/1900 09:00:00 (whihc is I know 2 days and 9 hou= rs = from base date) It displays as 57:00:00 In fact I get exactly the same if I entere 57:00 into a general cell Obviusly 23:00 works fine, but there must be a way of storing a time = duration over 24 hours -- = Steve (3) On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:20:48 +0100, SteveW <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> = wrote: > I thought if I formatted a cell as [h]:mm:ss, I would be able to enter= = > 57:00 into a cell > ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...