calculate data from a different file

Is it possible to have a cell return a value from another file that is saved
on a server without that file being opened.  Here is the formula I am using:
=COUNTIF(OFFSET('P:\Manpower\[Copy of Manpower  10-25 to 12-30.xls]Daily
MP'!$A:$A,0,MATCH(F$3,'P:\Ohio\Manpower\[Copy of Manpower  10-25 to
12-30.xls]Daily MP'!$5:$5,0)-1),"*" & $B5 & "*")
but all I get is #VALUE! if this file is not open on the PC I'm using.
0
jtinne (33)

Data Error
Hi, I have just upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I am able to open CRM via IE and get all the tool bars and options however in the data pain I am just recieving the error message: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have been working on the assumption that there is a permissions error but all seems fine both within CRM and on the SQL side. Any advice ? Thanks Brian ...

Data validation, cell protection or other method?
I have used data validation to set parameters for valid data entry and I have also used cell protection to prevent any type of data entry. What I am trying to do in this instance is to prevent data entry but, instead of the standard message that pops up when using cell protection, I want to display a customized message such as: Data for these fields must be entered in "Project Assumptions" Can Data validation be used to prevent data entry of any kind or do I need to look for a VBA solution? Say you want A1:A10 to be restricted. Select the range, A1:A10, then in Data Valida...

pdf file from Publisher
With Don's wonderful help converting a newsletter to a more compact pdf file, I was able to ftp the pdf file to website and provide a link. I am a dial-up user and it takes forever for the Adobe Acrobat to load the two newsletters. Although the when the September newsletter does load, I can go from page to page and to the end without any problem. However, when the October newsletter loads, if I try to go to the last of the page or scroll to the last page, I get hung. The window task manager peaks to 100% and the Adobe reader is hogging the CPU. I have installed the latest Adobe Acro...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Move data from one server to another
We are trying to move some databases from a set of old servers to a new servers and they are pretty large.. like around 100 databases and around 10-15 TB. They are all SAN connected and I believe SAN based replication from one SAN volume to a new SAN volume connected to the other server might be faster.. but I don't think SAN based replication works at a file level.. As an example, I may have 4 databases on one server and 2 of these databases may move to NewServer1 and the other 2 to NewServer2... Backup and restore may take forever.. Any other way to speed up these moves...

Interactive Chart Data?
Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then "zoom" to or "highlight" that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time. Justin Hi Justin- I believe what you are asking would be somewhat complicated to do and require writing code. You might try one of these options instead: 1- If your chart is on a separate Chart Sheet, rt-click the white space (Chart Area) and choose Chart Options. On the Data Table tab put a check in the box for Show Data Table to have a copy o...

entering data in excel invoices
-- TomA --- PattiD .. >-----Original Message----- > >-- >TomA >. > ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...

Calculated field options???

cannot open publisher 97 file
"Publisher cannot load files from a different version" is the message I get when I tried to open a saved publisher 97 file from a floppy disc I made 2 years ago. I have not bought an upgraded version of Publisher and I don't think I upgraded Publisher 97. This is an important file. Help! Copy the file to your hard drive and try again... Publisher balks at removable media. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John" <anonymous@discussions...

tenure calculations

file transfer faster from sbs03 than client pc
When I move files from xp to SBS shared folder its slow but when I login to server and copy the same file from xp folder to sbs folder its very fast, why is that? Horse Power and Memory -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com Microsoft's New SBS Public Support Forum - www.SBSRepair.com "8fold" <8fold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F178D6D-BFEA-4507-A141-239B78F1AD4B@microsoft.com... > When I ...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

Formula to calculate time

PST File #5
I can find only 1 PST file for Outlook. Is this the only file that I need to save when I do reformat? Thanks Scott Unhide all hidden files and do another search just to be safe, however Outlook does store everything in one PST file "Tech" <tech2@techauto.com> wrote in message news:kaydnSRyyIUJpYzd4p2dnA@centurytel.net... > I can find only 1 PST file for Outlook. Is this the only file that I need > to save when I do reformat? > > Thanks > > Scott > > Actually, it is possible to create multiple .pst files with different names. >-----Ori...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...