calculate average of populated cells #2

i got it...

=SUM(B5:B56)/COUNTA(B5:B56)

would sum values in all rows from 5 to 56, and divide it by count
which returns all rows with data...

thanks, be

--
learmon
learmont's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1540

Just so you realize, CountA() will count *more* then just numbers.
Are you sure that you want to divide your sum total by numbers & letters
(text) & nulls & spaces?
--

Regards,

RD

"learmont" <learmont.1ebxyn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

i got it...

=SUM(B5:B56)/COUNTA(B5:B56)

would sum values in all rows from 5 to 56, and divide it by counta
which returns all rows with data...

thanks, bey

--
learmont
learmont's Profile:

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Data validation, cell protection or other method?
I have used data validation to set parameters for valid data entry and I have also used cell protection to prevent any type of data entry. What I am trying to do in this instance is to prevent data entry but, instead of the standard message that pops up when using cell protection, I want to display a customized message such as: Data for these fields must be entered in "Project Assumptions" Can Data validation be used to prevent data entry of any kind or do I need to look for a VBA solution? Say you want A1:A10 to be restricted. Select the range, A1:A10, then in Data Valida...

Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell
WindowsXP Excel 2003 A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field. Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but this did not help. Thank you. You have to remove the underlying hyperlinks. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/remove_hyperlinks_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <dkajfd@dkafjd.com> wrote in message news:uTRiRR6vFHA...

Windows Mail on 2 computers
Is it possible to run the same e-mail account in Windows Mail on 2 computers and synchronise the two? I use Vista Home Premium on a desktop and laptop which are networked wirelessly through a Netgear router. Any ideas gratefully received. You can setup the account on both computers and under Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced set both to leave a copy of the messages on the server so both will receive all the messages and set one computer to delete them after a few days to ensure your mailbox on the server doesn't fill up. Then you will have the received emails...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

Help with average formula
Hi, I'm trying to calculate average of figures as follows: 1.1.2003 10 2.1.2003 20 3.1.2003 15 4.1.2003 5.1.2003 5 So the question is that if there is one row that has no numbers in it how do I exclude it from the average... meaning that average would b counted like this (10+20+15+5)/4 and not (10+20+15+5)/5. Thanks //juh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Juha If a cell is blank, it won't be included in the average. Andy. "Juha" <Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > I...

Autoarchiving #2
Our company has windows 2000, we have emails that after seven days are no longer needed, I have all the folders archiving features set to how we want, but is there any way for Outlook to "auto"archive without closing and starting up outlook or going to File: archive? It would be great to not have to do either since we do not shut down the machine. Please post any answers or suggestions. Thank you You should be able to set Outlook to AutoArchive every day, or however often you like (1 day is the minimum)...this would be done through the global AA settings in Tools | Options |...

How to refer to a cell format code?
Hi! I have a huge amount of different money values in diffenet cells, and I need to separate/sort them according to the currency. The problem is that the currency has been defined from the cell format menu(Format cell ->custom and # ##0,00\ "AUD"). If I use the FIND or SEARCH tools, they won't find the text AUD because it is not typed in to the cell in a "regular" way. So I'm asking if someone knows how to make a reference to the "AUD" part of the cell format code, so that I could sort those currencies. If someone knows some way to do this sortin...

change of cell coor by software
I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month by software select all the rows from 2 onwards till the end of your data, go to format, conditional formaating. Sleect "Formula Is", and enter the following formula in the box: =month(A2)<>month(A1) and click format, patterns tab, and select a color. Assumption. The dates are in column A Mangesh "rajanku" <rajanku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:145C7BB1-06BD-4C95-8613-AB4DDC219702@microsoft.com... > I want change the color of a row when the date changes to next month...

Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria
I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. <twlove@ontuet.com> wrote in message news:1150210856.375367.146410@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active") > whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word > "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank. =IF(COUNTIF(A2:...

SDK integration in VS2005 #2
In my MFC application I have resources in german as default and in english, all included in the .exe. Whenever the program runs under a german version of the OS it appears in german if it runs on any other language it should come up in english. I'm using this code: #ifdef FORCE_ENGLISH_US lcidUser = MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_DEFAULT); #else lcidUser = GetUserDefaultLCID(); #endif LANGID langid = LANGIDFROMLCID(lcidUser); if (PRIMARYLANGID(langid) != LANG_GERMAN) { LCID lcidUsEnglish = MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_D...

OWA Attachments #2
Hi Exchange 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 When users are using OWA externally I want them to be able to open any attachments, but block them from being able to send attachments. Is this possible? if so what is needed. Thanks RajiA ...

How to calculate age of a person?

How to run an event upon changing the value of a specific cell?
I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. i.e., if the cell A1 value is changed, then do such and such ... Right click on your sheet tab, view code. Paste this in and modify to suit: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub 'Do something here End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Wael Fathy" wrote: > I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. > i.e., if ...

Sending #2
When I send an email from other then the NEW EMAIL link, the email sit in the outbox. This includes a send from IE, ACT contact databas program, sometimes other places. The Microsoft forums produce n responses. Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

CRM 1.2 Console Logon Problem
Folks, I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1 installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would conflict with another product. I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine from client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager. If I log on to a client Workstation...

Preventing Blank based on another Cell
I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell equals a text value (say "S"). Anyone have an idea? I am stumped at this seemingly easy task. I forgot to add the valid combinations: E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID bluegrassstateworker wrote: > I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I > have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell > equals a text value (sa...

Outlook Inbox not fully populating
I have a user that has 1.5gb inbox w/ over 8,000 items in his inbox. I've removed the PC from the domain. When I re-configured the mail client, Outlook populates but never completely loads the entire mailbox, particularly the inbox. He gets about 1,100 messages in his inbox when in reality he has over 8,000. I've tested another domain computer and loaded the inbox with the same result, however, when I check his mail over OWA it's complete and has the enitre contents of his Inbox. Thanks in advance for your help. did you set up the Outlook profile in cached mode? -- Sus...

Due Date Calculated

How to define blank cell?
If condition does not meet, then nothing in cell, which I use "" to define blank cell, however, some plug-in for Excel cannot recognize "" as a blank cell. Does anyone have any suggestions on another approach to define blank within formula? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I don't think there is some universal way short of 'Clear contents' - and I hope you don't consider it as an option :-) Really, when you have a formula in cell, it never is empty - whatever the formula returns, there is the formula itself too! Arvi Laanem...

how to calculate outliers