Calculate 1st of month date from existing date.

I want Excel to post a starting date which is 45 days (or other time
period) from an initial date.  The rules are: (1) If the date is under
15 (middle of the month) set the starting date to the 1st of the month
as calculated and (2) if the date is 15 or over, set starting date to
the 1st of the next month.

For instance, if my starting date is January 1st, 2006 and I want the
date 45 days from there, the answer is February 15, 2006.  Reset the
calculated value of February 15, 2006 to February 1, 2006.  If the date
was February 16, 2006 (46 days after start), set the date to March 1,
2006.

Thanks,

Jim15

--
Jim15
Jim15's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26300

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:32:44 -0600, Jim15
<Jim15.21dzob_1136842502.099@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I want Excel to post a starting date which is 45 days (or other time
>period) from an initial date.  The rules are: (1) If the date is under
>15 (middle of the month) set the starting date to the 1st of the month
>as calculated and (2) if the date is 15 or over, set starting date to
>the 1st of the next month.
>
>For instance, if my starting date is January 1st, 2006 and I want the
>date 45 days from there, the answer is February 15, 2006.  Reset the
>calculated value of February 15, 2006 to February 1, 2006.  If the date
>was February 16, 2006 (46 days after start), set the date to March 1,
>2006.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim15

=StartDate+45+17*(DAY(StartDate+45)>15)-
DAY(StartDate+45+17*(DAY(StartDate+45)>15))+1

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Year/Month/Date Question
Is there a formula that can calculate years, months and days into a decimal? For example: 23 years, 6 months, 0 days would be 23.5 years. Depends on how your years, months and days are stored. Assuming they're in cells A1 (years), B1 (months) and C1 (days), then this formula would get you close: =A1+((B1*30)+C1)/365.25 That will actually return 23.49281, which if you round to 1 decimal place is 23.5 If you want to gty to get closer use B1*30.4375 instead of B1*30, since 365.25/12 = 30.4375 which you can "assume" is the average number of days in any single mont...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Oct 1st is here
Tick, tock,.. Third party services turned off as of today. 4 more months of online updates. Is there any chance (at this late hour) m$ would turn online updates into a subscription service? Anyone know of similar services? Other than the obvious one, Quicken. How has the transition worked for folks? How does Quicken compare with Mint (which imho is excellent, but the data is in the cloud and we get RO access). m$ money, we are going to miss you. Other m$ products? Not so much. Peter Sure. There's a chance. Probably less of one than the Cubs winning the Series next fall. Bu...

Consolidating monthly financials in a report
Hello, I'm using A2003 to create an application that, in part, projects financial results over a flexible time period. The following are either input directly to a form, or calculated within a query based on that input: - Reporting period start date (month/year, directly from user input) - Activity Date (day/month/year, directly from user input) - Lag time to first revenue (# of months, directly from user input) - Up-front revenue amount ($, calculated based on other user input) - Up-front revenue date (month/year, calculated based on activity date and lag time) - Recurring revenue am...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Show only Latest date in reuslts of a query
Hi I have a parent table holding review dates and a child table with audit trail entries made with dates. I want to extract all documents with a review date within a range (select query doing this) and would also like to see only the latest audit trail entry in the the child table. At the moment my select query shows a document with all audit trail entries. Any suggestions on how I can get only the latest audit trail entry would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Dee Select query left join to --- Group by query with these fields -- Audit_Identifier Max(audit trail entry da...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

Dmin for nearest date
DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] ) A column in my query calculates a due date for each record. The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee. The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text box: =DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate") But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the query, but not for each person... How can I make it reflext each Min date? ??? Try a Totals query and change DueDate from Group By to Min. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little ...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...