Calc

Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid
stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck
when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file.

0
anonymous (74718)

Hi
goto 'Tools - Options - Calculate' and set the calculation mode to
manual

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid
> stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck
> when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Column calcs & Row calcs
I have a row calc doing B/C and the column doing B-C. I want the column formula to win but the row calculation is being performed. In Report options -> Advanced tab my Calculation priority is set to Calculate Columns first. What am I doing wrong? ...

Project Accounting
Hi, When I run the Cycle Biller, it is automatically computing a state sales tax amount. The project budget for all cost categories are set as non-taxable. Where is the tax schedule defaulting from? Thanks. I believe it is default setup from the customer record under "Ship to" and depends on what sales tax id you have set-up at that screen. "Glen" wrote: > Hi, > > When I run the Cycle Biller, it is automatically computing a state sales tax > amount. > The project budget for all cost categories are set as non-taxable. > > Where is the t...

Calc
Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file. Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Calculate' and set the calculation mode to manual -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid > stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck > when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file. ...

Moneys Calc
Hello I posted a question last weekend with several replies on the differences of MS Money's calcs compared to another loan software. The replies were very helpful but I did not really get the bottom of what was going on. (or maybe I could not understand the replies) In any case I sat down tonight and did some manual mathematical analysis on the scenarios and I have narrowed it to this. I would again appreciate all comments and replies. If I set up a loan in MS Money and let Money calculate the payment amount then it produces an amortization schedule which agrees with what is normally...

Calc 1st Day of quarter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C4D701.2C4428A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all. I need a formula that will return the first day of a specified = date's quarter. Quarters start on Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, Oct 1 in every = year. If cell A1 =3D Nov 30, 2004, I'd like cell B1 to return Oct 1, = 2004. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C4D701.2C4428A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML...

Calcs
I just checked and when I put manual calc on one workbook, it applies the same to the other workbooks that are open. Should it do this? -- Rich D Armstrong Custom Homes Redmond What does this mean? LeRoy "Rich D" <RichD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2D876EB-C34E-4133-A7CA-615692F21C98@microsoft.com... >I just checked and when I put manual calc on one workbook, it applies the > same to the other workbooks that are open. Should it do this? > -- > Rich D > Armstrong Custom Homes > Redmond This newsgroup is for Microsoft Access, t...

Cost Calcs
Is there a column that you can insert that shows how many days into a task you are? Also one for cost? For example if I have a person at $500/day on a task for 10 days. Half way through his task the cost will be $2500; is there a column that shows this? I want to see daily the accumulitive cost. You want to use baselines and earned value to get our "Planned Value". In earned values terms this is called BCWS (Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled). Assign Costed Resources to detail tasks set a baseline (Tools/Tracking/Set Baseline) set the status date (Project/Project ...

easy calc excell
I use to use easy calc (works spreadsheet) to add, etc to auto fill out the totals in another cell, I cant figure out how to do it in Excel> hi if you're asking how to add up some numbers, e.g. the numbers in the range B3:B7 in B8 use =SUM(B3:B7) to autofil this formula across to C8, D8 etc move your mouse over the bottom right hand corner of B8, when you see an + hold your left mouse button down and drag right if you're copying down a column i.e. from H8 to H9 to H10 etc when you see the + double click on it - this will work if either column G or I has information in it. Che...

Manual calc for one sheet, auto calc for another
Is it possible to set one sheet to manual calculation and another sheet to auto calculation, in the same workbook? Thanks Hall, No. It's not even possible to set it differently for two workbooks. Stranger than fiction. You could do it with a Sheet_Activate sub in the ThisWorkbook module. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Hall" <hall@garp...

My calc key on Excel changes box to "Text" Box and doesn't calc ?
My Calc key doesn't function. Cursor arrow is a crossed arrow and when I click on the Calc key all I get is the Text Box sign around it and no calculation. I've had Excel re-installed but no improvement. Can anyone help please ? Thanks. Jack ...

Using Find on Calc. Cols.
I am trying to search a column of date that contains dates that were calculated. (starting date + # of days out = end date). I am using the following search macro code. This code works when the date is entered into the column. It does not work when the date is calculated with the above formula. Any ideas why this doesn't work for a calculated field? Sub Find_Date() Dim dteVariable As Date dteVariable = #5/1/2007# FindDate ActiveSheet.Range("u1:u100"), dteVariable End Sub Public Sub FindDate(r As Range, target As Variant) Dim r1 As Range Set r1 = r...

margin calc
This may be more of a math question than an excel question, but I am sure many of you will be able to provide a little insight on this calculation. I have a spreadsheet that has the following values/formulas in these cells B5-B12 is current pricing/costs and various rebates/discounts are before price change C5-C12 is what pricing/costs and various rebates/discounts will be after price change B8: 2% B10: 0% B11: 0% (List Price) C2: 718.69 (% discount of list before price change) C5: 78.46 C7: =((100-C5)*$C2)/100 C8: =C7*-$B8 C9: =SUM(C7:C8) C10: =C9*-$B10 C11: =C10*-$B11 C12: =SUM(C9:C10) (% ...

Calc staff vacation time based on more than 1 criteria
I would like to calculate on a daily basis, accumulated vacation time based on the following criteria: Total daily hours (work and leave taken) Hours must fall on a week day Entitlement hours from another spreadsheet that are based on employee seniority and regular shift hours. 'Sheet1' in my 'Book1.xls' looks like this: A2:A372 Day of the week (starting with Sunday in A2) B2:B372 Date beginning with April 1, 2010 C2:C372 Explanation (if necessary) D2:D372 Work day 1 = it's a workday, blank = not a workday E2:E372 Paid Daily Total F2:F372 Worked hours ...

Depreciation Expense Calc
We have a set of assets set up at 150%DB using the mid-quarter convention. Great Plains 8.0 calculated depreciation for 2 full months rather than 1.5 as it should have. Is that a 'known' problem with a fix available? The beginning depreciation date of 11/17 and ending 1/2 correctly corresponds with our fiscal calendar. ...

Re-Calc
Is it possible to setup Excel to do a manual re-calc on only one ( or only specific ) worksheet(s)? I have a spreadsheet where one worksheet is a huge RNG. Another sheet holds converted data based on the random data and a third sheet takes real data which is input on a regular basis. The object of the program is to do what-ifs based on the differences between the random and real data. The problem is that the random data does not _HAVE_ to be re-genned everytime and the real data takes about 1 minute to enter, but then, to carry out the exercise, I have to wait an eternity whilst the RNG s...

SLB Calc Fields
I am trying to create a smartlist that will separate some paycode data into columns. I have created calculated fields using the following formula: CASE {WS Time Sheet TRX WORK HIST:UPR TRX Code} WHEN 1 THEN ({WS Time Sheet TRX WORK HIST:TRX Hours/Units}/100) ELSE 'NULL' END Problem one is that the ELSE statement does not return NULL, but fills the list with zeros in the column until the SmartList Row Count is reached. Problem two is that the following calculation: CASE {WS Time Sheet TRX WORK HIST:UPR TRX Code} WHEN 'DT' THEN ({WS Time Sheet TRX WORK HIST:TRX Hours/Uni...

Calc error
Got a tricky error in my Excel (2004 for Mac, Version 11.2 (050714) The difference between the two figures: a1 6833.40 a2 6828.66 Important note: both figures were manually entered exactly as above, no further (hidden) digits. Is correctly calculated by Excel as 4.74 in cell a3. So far, so good. However, when increasing the number of digits for a3 to the max of 30, then Excel returns the result: 4.739999999999780000000000000000, Why is this? Thanks, Michel Hi Michel, See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Michel Finschi" <tes...

Calc formula
Hi how would I write a formula to calculate the following cell b2 contains 0.02169 cell B3 contains 0.01590 cell D2 contains 5860 and column G contains numbers from 1 to 20845 Units Rate 1 0.02169 (first 5,860 units) 5860 �127.10 Units Rate 2 0.01590 20845 14985 �238.26 Total �365.36 It is to calculate my gas bill where the first 5860 units cost .02169 and the rest cost .01590 I can work it out manually but how do I write a formula that will calculate it in excell? Thanks Ron Hi I've put your ...

DATE CALC
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to set up a formula in a where you would enter a date ex. 01/01/03) in the first cell and if the second cell would calculate the next month (02/01/2003). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Dave please repost to microsoft.public.excel "Dave G." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d601c3ce45$9a623ae0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if it is possible to set up a formula in a > where you would enter a date ex. 01/01/03) in the first > cell and if the second cell would ...

Auto calc
When i enter a fraction as 10/5 it automatically calculates it to 2. Is there a way to automatically calculate something like 2.89/5 and have it calculate it as .578? Any help is greatly appreciated. If you enter 10/5 in most settings of Excel that would be interpreted as a date, like May 10. If you enter =10/5 it would be interpreted as a formula and show the result, 2. If you enter =2.89/5 you'll probably see .578 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Jkalsch" <Jkalsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E53D7AC-239F-48CC-8CE6-A3AD6222A941@microsoft.com... | W...

Excel Calc Bug
Leave it up to microsoft to let the consumer test their product for them! I dont' think they would take it seriously until there was a lawsuit. Look at calculator. Have they ever -provided a fix- for the miscalculations it causes? Sad. Very Sad! ...

Weekday Only Calc
I am generating reports for a customer based on activity for the previous 2 working days. There is no activity on weekends, therefore i need the query results of: "[Arrival Date]=Now()-2" to exclude weekends. Help. Thanks -- A MACKENZIE, CMA, MBA aMack wrote: >I am generating reports for a customer based on activity for the previous 2 >working days. There is no activity on weekends, therefore i need the query >results of: "[Arrival Date]=Now()-2" to exclude weekends. Try using: DateAdd("d", - 2 + 2 * (WeekDay(Now(), 2) < 3), Now()) ir, i...

Using a calculated field for another calc
I'm using Access 2002. In the grouping footer I have a =sum(abs([excused]=yes)) calculation that returns 2 yes and 1 no. (for the below sample) Now, I want to sum the hours where [excused]=yes and then multiply it by the product of my previous calculation. Yes Ex: 2 x (8+4) date excused Hours 12/3/2007 yes 8 12/102007 yes 4 12/20/2007 no 8 How do I do this? Susan Susan In reports, you'll need to use the underlying raw data/fields in your calculations. You can't get by with referring to a...

If the result of a calc is a decimal rounddown to whole #!!!!
Why is this so hard to do... i do not want to round to the nearest .95 or .99 or dates and so on and so forth. I have searched and searched. Arggg! I have a calculation that I want rounded. The formula has an IF statement in it. =IF(Q12=0,"",(Q12/50)) If this results in a a decimal number .. like 0.2 or 0.9 I want it rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number. I have looked high and low.. online, in help and many trial and errors . ?? any one who knows this? Thanks One way: =IF(Q12=0,"",INT(Q1/50)) or: =IF(Q12=0,"",ROUNDDOWN(Q1/50,0)) or: ...

Month and Year calc
Hi all Could someone help me with a formula to do the following : I wish to enter a date in cell A1 in the format Jan-04 (mmm-yy) - that's the easy bit ! I then want excel to populate subsequent cells B1, C1.....etc with Feb-04, Mar-04.....etc. If I then change A1 to say Aug-04 I would like subsequent cells to follow the sequence Sep-04, Oct-04 etc. The worksheet will have to cover 5 years so obviously Jan-05 will have to follow Dec-04 and so on. TIA Cas Hi if you enter in cell A1 a date (and format it with your custom format MMMM-YY) try the following functuon in B1 =DATE(YEAR(A...