Bullet Points #2

Dumb question..

Can you add bullet points in Excel....Bizarre question but I have to ask...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

0
gkjones (2)

Hold down Alt and press the numpad 0149, release the Alt key

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Gregory Jones" <gkjones@hhf.stjoe.org> wrote in message
> Dumb question...
>
> Can you add bullet points in Excel....Bizarre question but I have to
ask....

> Thanks in advance for any advice....

0
terre081 (3244)
6/2/2004 10:12:06 PM
Peo

Thanks very very much....

0
gkjones (2)

Removing 1 of 2 E2K3 Servers
I needed to upgrade my Exchange 2k3 box. I installed a second server and installed E2k3. Both servers and storage groups are visible in exchange manager. I am just about finished moving the mailboxes over to the 2nd box. Can I just uninstall exchange on the first box? Is there anything I need to be aware of? What is the best way to get rid of the first exchange server? Thanks There are several steps. This: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;307917 describes what you need to do. >-----Original Message----- >I needed to upgrade my Exchange 2k3 box. I insta...

importing to outlook #2
what is the best way to import address book and all email account setting from outlook express to outlook?? On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:45:01 -0700, "Derek" <info@downtownprinting.net> wrote: >what is the best way to import address book and all email >account setting from outlook express to outlook?? From the menu in Outlook, File, Import... -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Sum If #2
I am trying to sum certain date ranges by using a sum if statement. The formula below is not giving me any results. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to approach this? =SUMIF(DATA!AB:AB,">=12/1/1903<=12/31/1903",DATA!W:W) I am doing this for each month of the calendar year to sum sales. Thank you, Jason "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a3601c3c4b7$d3871350$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to sum certain date ranges by using a sum if > statement. The formula below is not giving me any results. > W...

auto number #2
is it possible to make excel give an automatic number when you enter date say if you were entering staff id numbers and when you want to enter a new member excel looked for the first avaliable number not in use? please help thank you Hi Carl maybe the following helps you (creates a sequence number in column A after you have entered something in column B of the previous row): in A1 enter 1 in A2 enter =IF(B2<>"",MAX($A$1:OFFSET($A2,-1,0))+1,"") and copy down >-----Original Message----- >is it possible to make excel give an automatic number >when you en...

How do you play a power point presentation inside the window only
I have generated excel tutorial like ebook for comfort of the learning of the not so smart. I want to give prompting for the pupil with excel in one window and power point presentation prompts on the other. When you go into play mode, the power point occupies the full screen; the result the excel problem being cited gets closed. So I desire to know whether the power point presentation can be run in window mode without taking the full screen into it. Can somebody help me. PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI Camp: USA (Originally from India) "PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI" ...

Chemical Plant Stencils #2
Greetings, I see this link Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm in a number of posts. I find some chemical plant stencils listed from L Partin. However, the link is dead. Would anyone have these stencils and be willing to share them? Thanks in advance! ...

Creating "records" in Forms #2
Hello everyone- I am a complete novice to User Forms. Need your help. I have to create a UserForm for Purchase Order information that will have multiple Items/Parts (and its info) within a sub-structure. The structure will be as below: PO Number <text_box_field> Vendor ID <text_box_field> Vendor Address <text_box_field> ------------------------- Item # | Item Desc | Qty | ------------------------- 1001 | Cables | 10 | ------------------------- 1002 | Bolts | 1000| <= all text boxes ------------------------- 1003 | Bulbs | 5 | ------------------------- <button for...

Service Pack 2
My problem is a bit different. I downloaded SP2 through auto update. It installed about half way, then canceled the installation because of a missing folder - which I don't know because the window didn't stay on long enough to be copied. End result: Entourage, Excel, PowerPoint and Word have all been deleted from the Apps folder, but all of the prefs files and the Entourage database are there. Whether they have been corrupted or not, I won't know until I reinstall Office 2004 from the CD. It would seem there is a flaw or two in Service Pack 2. Incidentally, I'm running 10...

Changing font on a protected sheet #2
I meant to say is that in the 2000 version. I went to TOOLS>PROTECT>PROTECT SHEET and did not see a check box to allow formatting. Any ideas??? Thanks... yep. Kate wrote: > > Is that in the XP version??? > > >-----Original Message----- > >Kate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in > message > >news:48e701c4a70b$a11d0910$a501280a@phx.gbl... > >> Hi, > >> > >> I have a worksheet that I need to have protected so that > >> the user can make changes only in certain cells. > >> > >...

2 Locations, 2 Exchange Servers (2003 / SBS), 1 internet domain
Hey there, I have some questions on sharing SMTP address space. According to Q321721 "Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003" it is possible to share a single internet domain over 2 exchange servers in different locations / domains (windows domains, this being SBS servers they can not be DC's in the same domain). There are 2 things I would like to know on this topic. The first one is, is this possible with 2003 SBS at all? I know SBS has a reduced version of exchange that only allows one site. Now I think SMTP sharing has nothing to do with...

remote access #2
I want to setup my outlook apointment book to be accessed via remote with the built in XP remote desktop connection. Is there a way to have more than one person accessing it and adding an apointment or will it work only for one user at a time? Ideas? Thanks A pst-file can only be accessed once. So either logon to the current session or make sure Outlook is closed. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "tim" <tim@discus...

shared workbook #2
Whenever I try to save a workbook as a shared workbook a message comes back and says content too large. Is there a limit on the size of a shared workbook? Mike, The limit may be due to the available space on your shared drive/folder on the server. Check with your systems administrator. HTH Henry "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@boral.com> wrote in message news:033a01c3465c$4c971090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I try to save a workbook as a shared workbook a > message comes back and says content too large. > > Is there a limit on the size of a shared workbook? ...

Panels in Publisher #2
In publisher 2002, I am unable to change the number of panels in Brochuers, In the paper size option in the brochuer wizard the option says it is unavaible and I need to choose a different design to be able to change this. However I have tried loads of different brochuers but the panel option is never availible. Thanks in anticipation Rich You can start from scratch. In page setup, change the orientation to landscape and select the paper size. On the toolbar, arrange, set the margin guides to your printer's limitation, Grid Guides tab, input how many columns you want. If you wa...

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

scrollBar in CDialogBar #2
Hi, I have few controls in CDialogBar like Listcontrol, editbox etc. When the dialogbar is docked, the listcontrol get shrinked and not visible. So thought of putting scrollbar, so that user have the option to scroll when the controls are shrinked. I tried the code given at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262954 and also at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/scrolling_support.aspx But in both I am facing the same problem that vertical scroll are not visible and when clicked only the top and bottom arrow button of vertical scroll bar comes up. When these are pressed...

Help Messages in Spreadsheet #2
With the help of this NG, I am finally coming to the end of completing a spreadsheet that will be distributed to my colleagues. Now, I am just wondering if there is anyway I can include some sort of help menu in the spreadsheet so that when a new colleague opens the spreadsheet for the first time, the menu pops up giving them a guide that they can use to facilitate their use of the spreadsheet? How about just make a dedicated worksheet with all your instructions on them. I'd hate to have to close and reopen the workbook to see that help. John Walkenbach shows a nice help based on a u...

Bulleted text without bullets
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355074214_522160 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit OS X 10.6.3 Office 2008 Word 12.2.4 Created a Word document, added bulleted text, saved it, printed it, looked fine. Closed the document and Word. Reopened the same document an hour later and the bullets had changed to small open boxes. Printed it, no bullets, no boxes. Tried to change the boxes back to bullets, couldn�t...

Flyer #2
I am slowly learnig microsoft desktop publishing I need to create a flyer, the instructions say use a double-sided A4 page as the preffered page format. Does that mean i need to set something up first before anything else? -- KP Where did you see this page format? Are you sure you weren't looking at the brochure templates? A flyer is usually a one-page creation. Your best bet is too start creating on the default A4 page that is presented when you open Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karatiana" <Karatiana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

queues #2
After a standard install of SBS2003 and ensuring open relay is off, I'm noticed messages turning up in the queues that aren't originating from this exchange server and I feel shouldn't be there. For example: SmallBusiness SMTP-connector - el-nacional.com (SMTP Connector) with several messages from the sbs postmaster in the queue. There are a number apparently from foreign countries (e.g. home20.inet.tele.dk; and worldnet.fr and topofferz.net. What's going on here? "jkmonroe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After a standard install of...

how do I connect data between 2 worksheets
I have to worksheets with in an Excel file. I want the 1st sheet to pick up informaion from the 2nd sheet which is the description page. I only want to key the number on page one and the description be automatically read from the 2nd page. example when I key 504319095 I want the description column and the size column to pick up "red" and "small" from the second page. I have inserted formulas before, but never for data always for numbers. Thanks for your help Mich. Hoping this is clear enough ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fr...

Outlook 2000 in XP #2
I've just installed my copy of Outlook 2000 onto my new computer that has Windows XP, and I'm confused by the fact that when I send/receive, I'm no longer told how many messages I'm receiving. Is this no longer information they think I'm interested in, or is it some option I'm just not finding the switch for anywhere? It never was an "option" before, and it certainly IS information I want to know - am I in the midst of receiving 4 messages or 40! Anyone know? Thanks! Lisa Can we assume you were using Outlook 2000 on your previous computer also? A...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

Picture Toolbar #2
I'm using Publisher 2003 and I want to stop the Picture Toolbar from popping out every time I click on a graphic (it's annoying). How can I do that? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I'm using Publisher 2003 and I want to stop the Picture Toolbar from popping >out every time I click on a graphic (it's annoying). How can I do that? >Thanks. > > >. > When it pops out. Drag it to the toolbar to park it there. Thank you. "Chuck Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58db01c4cad3$ab554960$a401280a@phx.gbl......

Database Query #2
How do I return trimmed (i.e without spaces) result of a field with Database Query in Excel? Thanks. ...

Indentation in bulleted list
How do I inent the second line of a bulleted list? Thanks! Is this Word 2007? Then you should right-click the bulleted paragraph and choose Adjust List Indents from the context menu. In the dialog box, "Bullet position" is the distance from the left margin to the bullet character; "Text indent" is the distance to the text from the left margin. For a hanging indent, you would specify a larger value than for "Bullet position." For "Follow number with," choose "Tab character." Select "Add tab stop at," and then specify the ...