Bring filtered data from another file - 137096

I have a Birthdays file

I have a Calendar file
After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines
(assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day)
15.01.2010
16.01.2010

How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file.

Thanks and regards,

CousinExcel

multiple text files URGENT
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0 ...

HELP! Can't import data
H I'm trying to import my address book from Excel. I can do the import no problem, but I can't get the addresses and phone numbers to import into Outlook with the rest of the information. I've tried changing the title of the address and phone columns to address, phone number etc. but can't seem to get it right. Any ideas? ...

filtering #2
would like to filter emails before they get sent to the user. running Exchange 5.5. like it to check who it is from and be able to move those emails to another user to review. ...

how do i copy data from online so it goes into separate cells
In earlier excel products I could copy data (ezpass info) from online and have it go into separate cells. With office 2007 - It only takes one line of the selected data and puts it into the first cell I don't know what ezpass info is but if you are trying to paste text into Excel it is possible to have it in separate columns by using the Text to Columns feature in the Data tab. Paste the text into your s/s then select Text to Columns. This gives several options and depending on how the data is produced and how data is separated will depend on how you proceed. ...

Creation of Sample Data set
Hi all, We are trying to create a Sample Data Set, that can be imported into crm using the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe in the same way the Cycleworks data is imported. Is it possible to export an existing CRM deployment data into that format? Does anybody come across any documentation about this subject? Absolutely any clue will be much appreciated, as I didn't find anything on the matter. Thanks Yossi Almog Dynamics Israel There is no option to modify the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe Few options: 1. Use Redeployment to bring all the data from "...

File tab vs. Microsoft Office button in Word 2010
is there any way to find out if the "File" tab seen in the Word 2010 Office 2010 Release Candidate is going to permanently replace the Microsoft Office button seen in the Beta release of Word 2010? Arlene Yes, that is the final form. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Arlene wrote: > is there any way to find out if the "File" tab seen in the Word 2010 > Office 2010 Release Candidate is going to permanently rep...

filter question
Hi, I have a filter question. column A needs to stay numerical. ( 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc) Columns b to G need to be filtered in order of Client name ( column B) Can this be done? if so, can it be done automatically or with the help of a macro? Thanks, Nigel make sure that column A is numeric and not the result of an equation. select all that you want to stay together while sorted. select <data><sort> and sort by column B "Nigel" wrote: > Hi, > I have a filter question. column A needs to stay numerical. ( 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc) > Columns b to G need to be filtered in...

Diaglog/Threading Data Exchange Question
Greetings, I have learned a lot from all of you, and I hope to over come my latest road block. I have a smal IRC Chat client I am making. I have a Dialog Box with Control and I use a worker thread for connecting to IRC - That Thread will update controls on the Dialog by sending PostMessages. Now my problem is in the ListBox Control that I have extended to do popup menu with various commands. I need to be able to read that controls methods from within the Thread. so I need to do this from within my IRC Socket thread: (code not exact - pseudo code) CListBoxEx myUsers; //Defined in my ...

What's the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward?
When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone explain? Big Marta <Big Marta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the > difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone > explain? If you have ten objects, in numerical order, front to back: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Bring to front on object 5 will reorder them 5 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring forward will reorder them 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring for...

excel filtering #3
how can I see how many rows meet my filter criteria in excel Use this function: SUBTOTAL(3,A2:A100) "Arthur Kuijper" wrote: > how can I see how many rows meet my filter criteria in excel Lower left hand corner of screen will say something like... '25 of 187 records found' immediately after applying the filter HTH, Gary Brown using Excel XP "Arthur Kuijper" wrote: > how can I see how many rows meet my filter criteria in excel Gary Not necessarily. From Debra Dalgleish...................... Normally, after you have applied an AutoFilter, the Status...

What are these tmp.dll files ?
Hello - I have a number of files (about 70 - 25mb in size total) with names similar to: _005282_.tmp.dll. They appear in \windows\system32 and \windows\system32\drivers. They seem to be related to SP2 (I have SP3 installed). For example, displaying the properties/ file version info, you see something like 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) Thanks for any info. On Nov 19, 5:06=A0pm, "Dave and Rosanna" <davexnet...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello - > I have a number of files (about 70 - 25mb in size total) with names simil= ar > to: > _005...

problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003
We have reporting application that downloads data into Excel , and it opens in MS Excel window properly on Excel version 2000, 2002 sp2/sp3 but in case of Excel 2003 , it opens directly in IE instead of MS Excel window. I need to resolve this issue, is this common behavior with IE 6.0 , XP and Excel 2003. Any help is appreciated ! Email < jayragha@exchange.ml.com > Maybe... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 But each user's pc needs to be set up ...

Associating .ppt files with a different version of PowerPoint
I installed a new version of Microsoft Office on my Mac However, all my office files are automatically associated with the older demo version that was uninstalled. The end result is that double-clicking on any Office file gives an error message. I get around it by opening the Application first and then using file open to open the appropriate file. Clearly this is inconvenient. Obviously, I can associate a file with the right application by clicking on "Get Info" and then associating it with the right application. The "Get Info" panel also has a button labeled "Change ...

junk email filter
Hi all, In order to use junk email filter, do we have to use outlook cache mode? Years ago, we turned on cache mode but some users complain about receiving new mails timely. Later, we turned off cache mode. Exchange 2003 Sp2/outlook2003/outlook 2007 Thank you. On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:59:01 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In order to use junk email filter, do we have to use outlook cache mode? Which junk mail filter -- the one provided by Outlook or the one provided by Exchange? >Years ago, we turned on cache mode but some users complain a...

Delete Duplicate Files
http://duplicateFilesDeleter.com Improve computer performance by deleting duplicate files Identical files not only waste your hard disk space, but also may cause system slowdowns. By deleting duplicate files you can reduce time needed to defragment your hard drives and minimize time used by antivirus to scan your computer. Sort and organize your media collections Media files collections, such as music, video, images and photos, often become the primary source of identical files. If you have a music collection of several hundreds or even thousands mp3-files, you may want to sort them by delet...

transfer files
I have been trying to transfer files from old computer with windows 98 and money 99 to new computer running xp and money 2004. Can this be done? How? -- sazy2 In microsoft.public.money, kathleen W wrote: >I have been trying to transfer files from old computer with windows 98 and money 99 to new computer running xp and money 2004. Can this be done? How? See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information. ...

windows/system32/config/system file is huge
Hi, My windows/system32/config/system file is huge -- the order of 200mb. This seems a bit unusual, and I did get some popups on startup that there is not enough room for the registry. I cleared out the paging file and reallocated 1.5*2gb (the size of my memory). Anyway, what can I do about this file to make it "normal" again? I will state that I am after a repair install because something happened to my system and I needed to repair. Now things are indeed working alot better, but there is still this issue, and I guess this is why my system works slowly at times a...

Paste (Ctrl-V) brings up Cust/Vend Consol Setup in v10
When doing a Ctrl-V in GP version 10 - any window, it brings up the Customer/Vendor Consolidations setup window instead of pasting the data into the field intended. You must go to Edit in the menu & Paste that way. This is a standard across all windows programs to be able to paste by using Ctrl-V. Also Ctrl-C doesn't consistantly work in the Bank Transaction Entry window - you must also go to Edit in the menu & Copy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

this should be easy
It seems like I'm missing something obvious here. First, I have a sheet with a lot of phone numbers. quite a few are like 5561234567 and I needed all of them to be like (556) 123-4567. I used a filer to find all the problem numbers and copied them to a new sheet where I fixed them. Now I want to paste them back into the original sheet over the old numbers. But when I try to paste, it pastes even to the rows that are hidden by the filter. Is there a way to make it so excel ignores the hidden rows so I can just paste one list on top of the other? Not really. One way around it is to...

Sum formula that will stay constant when the data is deleted
What I am trying to do is have a cell that has a basic sum function and the data coming from different cells and when this data is erased, the sum function total will remain. Basicall I have an input box that each person inputs the number of items they receive throughout the day and I would like this to be changed daily but the total from the previous day remain in cell A1 for example. Thanks in advance for the help. Todd There may be other methods, but i've solved this problem with a macro. 1st put a date in the same row as your data you want to keep. Then, create a macro...

Can not print from File menu (This is a tough one)
Okay, I have a very strange problem in Outlook 2000. Let's say I receive a new email and I just highlight it and print it (without opening the email) it will print normally. However, if I open the email and try to click the printer icon nothing happens. This also happens in the file menu, when i click print from the menu the menu just goes away and nothing happens. The only thing i can think of is that the registry got hosed somehow. Any suggestions? ...

Filter Domains by Mailbox
Hi, How I can filter emails to specific users, from and to explicit domains whiteout affect de entire domain, with exchange Server 2003 EE Cluster Thanks José: you can filter under the Global Settings -> Message Delivery. In this tab you can filter by sender, domain and recipient. It works fine. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "Jose Cabrera" wrote: > Hi, > > How I can filter emails to specific users, from and to explicit domains > whiteout affect de entire domain, with exchange S...

drop down data into Access
I have an excel template that uses drop downs. I want to import that data to Access, but when I import the table, the drop down values are blank. Is there a solution? -- Thanks for your help! If the dropdowns are combo boxes, you could link them to cells in the table. Then, when you import the table, it will include the data that was selected in the combo boxes. Or, instead of combo boxes, you could use data validation lists. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html BAZ wrote: > I have an excel template that uses drop downs. I want to import t...

Displaying Data in a Form
Using Access 2007, we have a form that has 14 controls bound to fields in a table. What we need to do find a method where a user picks a value from a ComboBox which is one of the 14 above mentioned controls, and have the other controls populated with the appropriate data. A simplistic example is to have a combo box with last names, and when Smith is chosen from the drop down 9 records with the last name Smith are available in the form. I can then navigate through the various Smiths and find the First Name, Address, City, State, Zip, etc for any of the Smiths. Thanks in advance...

How can I know the file exists in windows?
thank you How can I know the file exists in windows? example Is this file here in this folder or not again if file exists give me message box the file exists On Apr 9, 2:09 pm, "a" <a...@msn.com> wrote: > thank you > How can I know the file exists in windows? > > example > > Is this file here in this folder or not > > again > > if file exists give me message box the file exists Look into the usage of Dir() and MsgBox() functions. ...