Bring all text from "Text" worksheet

I have a workbook that contains a macro that when
activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location
and then populate the worksheet with the exact text.
Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place
that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of
worksheet "txtdd".

Thanks for looking at my problem.
0
anonymous (74722)

     What have you tried, so far?  Are you looking for a formula solution or
will (are) you be programming in VBA?  Keep in mind that a cell can only hold
about 65K characters of pure text.  How much data is in the .txt file?

Steve in Ohio

(To properly maintain the Newsgroup, click the YES or NO button on your
original posting to clear your entry, once you have or have not resolved this
issue with this correspondence thread – Steve.)

"Dradin" wrote:

> I have a workbook that contains a macro that when
> activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location
> and then populate the worksheet with the exact text.
> Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place
> that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of
> worksheet "txtdd".
>
> Thanks for looking at my problem.

Text is Chinese Under Excel 2003
I have a macro that I wrote a number of years ago. It works fine under all recent versions of Excel. Part of the macro is a dialog box that allows opening and saving of files. There is a text box that displays the directory. When I installed Excel 2003 the directory text is now some asian language. I need an interpreter to know which directory I am in! <g> Any ideas? Thanks, Mark ...

Text spreadsheet becomes too large
I was sent an excel file by a member of our accounting dept. and while it is not very large at all it has grown to 134 mb even though it contains no graphs, imbedded objects, special formatting or anything of that nature that would cause it to grow this large. Does anyone know how this can happen. The file has 3 tabs and only uses about 20-30 rows on each tab with nothing other than text but it has grown to 134 mb. Is there something behind the scenes that could be causing this or anything I can look at to find out why this file has become so large. Thanks! Hi see: http://www.con...

Text wrapping button grayed out
My text wrapping button is grayed out, also the position button. I am using newly installed Word 2007. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document sent by somebody else these buttons then work on their document Any help appreciated. ...

Edit box banner text question
I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how to implement it myself. My question is, is there a way to make it stay visible when the edit box has focus (as long as the edit box is empty) the way it does in Vista's login screen? I'd like to be able to do this in any OS from XP (SP2) and newer. Having the banner text remain visible when the edit box has focus would be extremely handy for dialogues and property sheet pages that open with the focus on an empty edit box. >I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how...

Form Field
I do inspection work on submarines that must be documented. Each Boat has it own ID code that I would like to appear in another are of the form based on what boat I select from a Form filed drop down list. Please see the attachment: Block one I select a boat in the drop down. In block 2 I would like the first 5 numbers to automatically appear based on the selection in block 1. Currently they are in matching order but it is easy to mis-select the wrong 5 digit number if you are not careful or familiar with the layout. I have no preference for how its done, just that it works....

Removing text #2
I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end eg J Smith ABC 5.0 I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. Can anyone help? Thanks DR Hi maybe a formula like =TRIM(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)) in an adjacent column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DREED wrote: > I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end > > eg > > J Smith ABC 5.0 > > I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks > > DR One way: =LEFT(A1,MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(1*MID(A1,ROW(...

Problem with text
I am setting up my first web site so I would be grateful for any help - thanks. I have a template which was developed in Dreamweaver which I am modifying and I have done most things. However, when I changed the font size, it went from one page to 5 pages. This was shown as very thin and long frames. I have reduced it to two but there are still three blank pages in Preview. I can't reduce it to one page because the text at the top of the frames/boxes has a lot of white space in front of it. I cannot beck space to go to the start of the frame/box. Any ideas anyone please? Th...

How can I open a text file to the screen
Can anybody tell me how to open (print)a text file to the screen. For example, to click a botton and the file will be shown in the screen. Using something like the code below.(the code below is not good, but I want to give you an idea) private: System::Void ShwCrdBtn_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { FileInfo^ fi = gcnew FileInfo("C:\\MyFile.txt"); fi->OpenRead(); } -- Thanks Allen Basically, there are several things you can do depending on exactly what you want the result to look like. If the only thing you want to be vis...

icon w/text
unable to see text in icon on task bar - only get blue box ? Is it an icon, or the rectangular bar of a minimised window? len wrote: > Unable to see text in icon on task bar - only get blue box? Open Display Properties, Appearance tab, and change the styles, or click Advanced to change individual settings, such as 3D objects colors, and see if that helps. -- Joe =o) ...

body text always in bold
hi whenever I compose new mail (Outlook 2003) the body text is always in bold, how do I permanently turn this off, it isn't in the word template .dot, or in signatures - where else might this setting be ? thank you martin shaw "martin shaw" <marty.shaw@ntlworld.com> wrote: >hi >whenever I compose new mail (Outlook 2003) the body text is always in bold, >how do I permanently turn this off, it isn't in the word template .dot, or >in signatures - where else might this setting be ? Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts Thanks UG but it isn't in there ei...

combo and text boxes to search a form
I have 3 fields, two of which are combo boxes the third is a text box. I can get it to search using both the combo boxes but not all three together, my code looks like the following. Private Sub Searches_the_Main_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Searches_the_Main_Form_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Main" stLinkCriteria = "[Concession_or_Range?]='" & Me! [Concession_or_Range?] & "'" stLinkCriteria = stLinkCriteria & " AND [Concession_Range_Number]='" & Me![Concession_R...

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

How to edit tab stops in a text box
I'm embarrassed to ask this question but ... How do I edit the tab stops in a regular text box? All I want to do is add a Right justified tab at the end of the line. The link in the help docs is broken. Thanks. Gary Gary, Click in the textbox, click on the little icon in front of the ruler till you have the right aligning tab, click in the ruler where you want to position your tab. If the ruler is not present, click View - ruler. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "elliottgaryusa" <elliottgaryusa@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht n...

Writing and printing 45� text
Hello, I got a little surprised by this: when I type a 45� text in a cell with a small font, it looks pretty bad (aliasing). But when I print it, the result is perfect ! How come ?!? Since I want to force some 45� using VB, do you know how to improve the rendering ? Thanks ! Can u discribe a little clear? In which version? "myname" <myname@ihatespam.com> д���ʼ� news:cgeob6$t3c$1@muguet.sncf.fr... > Hello, > > I got a little surprised by this: > > when I type a 45?text in a cell with a small font, > it looks pretty bad (aliasing). > > But when ...

can't view Outlook Express email text & attachemtns
Using Outlook Express and text of emails not viewable, both new and old, inbox and folders. Attachemnt aren't there either. Help?!! Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded ...

Suppress "0" in numeric text box
Hi, I'm using Access via XP Office Pro on Windows 7. I have a text box control that enables me to enter my check number. The check number is a numeric field on the table. There is no default value in this control. However, when the form is displayed, there is a zero "0" in the check number field on the form. Is there a way to stop the zero from displaying on the form. If there is no check number (as some items are paid by credit card number) I would like the check number field blank. Thanks, Dennis -- Dennis On Wed, 5 May 2010 19:52:01 -0700, Den...

replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something
Hi, I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an easy way to do that? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

How to autofit row height on merged cells with wrapped text
Autofit works when wraped text cells are not merged. There doesn't seem to be a way to autofit wrapped cells when the cells are merged. One way that I think may work would be to use a macro to set the row height, but I can't figure out how many lines the text will occupy in the merged cell. Any ideas out there? If you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find that one way is to use a macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 In article <6d0401c3e685$a6146860$7d02280a@phx.g...

"Wrap Text" problem in Excel 2003 SP2
I have a column that I want to be 23 pixels wide with "wrap text" off (even though the cells will contain project status comments - a large amount of text). In previous versions of Excel this was not a problem. I could format the cell appropriately, enter my text (including several alt-enter line breaks) and the cell would retain the desired format. In Excel 2003 SP2 the behavior changed. Now, when I enter text that contains alt-enter line breaks, "wrap text" gets automatically turned on and the row height gets automatically adjusted - leaving me with a very tall ce...

Real-Time Text To Speech, Anyone?
Here's the scenario: In Cell A1 there is a numeric value in the format $1.2406. That value is being supplied via DDE Link from a Third-Party in Real-Time. As the value changes, I want Excel to "speak" the value WITHOUT me having to hit the return key, or WITHOUT having it "speak" an entire column or row. Sounds simple enough, but I've found nothing in Excel Help for Macros that deal with this matter. How can I make this happen on a single Cell using a live (real-time) DDE link? There has to be a way to point the TTS engine to a single cell reference and look t...

MsgBox - 1) custom text in title bar?
The syntax for Excel for the msgbox is quite similar to AutoIt's (a freeware scripting program). When I create message boxes in AutoIt, I can put a "title" or header info in the title bar of the box. I've searched various pages on the net looking for syntax similar to this but for Excel but I haven't seen anything that shows if this is even possible. If it can be done, what would the syntax be, pls? My line of coding looks like this currently: MsgBox "Getting ready to print ... please insert a pink sheet of paper into the printer." I'd like to p...

Formatting Dates from Text to Numbers
I receive data daily with dates in the following formats: dd/mm/yyyy, d/m/yyyy,d/mm/yyyyy, or dd/m/yyyy... The values actually are text vs. numbers. Regardless I use text to columns, to separate the values into three columns. Then I use =date(year, month, day), actually =date(a2,b2,c2) to populate the date in one field. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this better or faster? Thanks, Tommy You can use the Text to Columns Wizard to convert the dates --Select the range of dates which needs to be corrected. --From menu Data>'Text to Column...

Excel enters date as a text format
Hi, I have Excel 2003 and have been working with 2000 for a while (hate that new feature with error checking,etc.) Anyways, I have a problem when trying to enter a date (ie. entering as 2/15/2005 or 2-15-2005) it's always entering it as a text format (ie. '2/15/2005). Well, this is leaving a problem with me because I can't change it to a different date format now because it's recognizing it as a text instead of a date. I never had this problem with Excel 2000, I just entering the date and it automatically enters it as a date. What the heck is going on with Excel 2003 ...

text boxes and or autoshapes
How can you modify a autoshape (drawing shape) when used in excel to increase the number of anchor points for adding connecting lines? patrick, ie box only has four, i want more A box has 6 markers but are they anchor points? You can attach a line to any part of the box with the Group command. Have I misread your question? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EF0802-57EF-477E-821D-8CAD07D1642C@microsoft.com... > How can you modify ...

open a form to child record using bound text box "on click"
Here the problem~ I have a field "JobName" in a continous view, sub-form "sfrm_Jobs". The sub-form is in "frm_Customers". I want to use the"JobName" field's "on click" event to open "frm_Specs" and have it filter out everything but the records relating to the "JobName" field. "JobID" is the primary key. The wizard will set it up to open the form but I get an error when I try to modify or create new records. The error message says "Jet cannot find a record in the table 'tbl_Jobs' with key matching f...