Break Up One Long Column to Print on One Page

I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 record
long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on eac
page.

For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page ca
print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there
way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each colum
individually?

I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order
which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.

I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,
MrAviato

See

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>

> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>

> ---

nicolaus (2022)
4/14/2004 3:31:03 PM
Hi

Try here:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

Hope this helps
--
Andy.

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>

> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>

> ---

andyb1 (494)
4/14/2004 3:31:10 PM
 My Excel add-in "Side by Side" should do what you want...
    Column(s) of data are arranged into two or three groups on successive pages.
    Data sequence is maintained and the area above the data is not changed.
    A new worksheet is created with the new column arrangement.
    Your original worksheet is not affected.
    You print from the new worksheet.  It's easy to use and very fast.
    Comes with one page of Word.doc install/use instructions.
    Available - free - upon direct request.  Remove xxx from email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
> Best regards,
> MrAviator

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
4/14/2004 3:49:34 PM
I like to just copy|paste into word.  Then use word's formatting feature
(Columns) to print.

If all your values are plain old values, you might want to consider leaving it
in word.  It handles insertions and deletions pretty darn well.

(and even sorts!)

"MrAviator <" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>
> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

pull column A from one file into another
excel 2000: File (workbook) A has the following: Column 1: First Name Column 2: Last Name Column 3: Telephone # etc.... File (workbook) B needs to have the following: Column 1: First Names from workbook A etc.... File A and File B are two separate files all together (FileA.xls an FileB.xls) How do i reference one file from another -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Open both files, While in File B go to the cell that you want the First Name in (that is in File A.xls). In that cell enter = then switch to the File A and click on the cell that has the appropriate First N...

Two emails, one inbox
Please help, I have two emails address with my isp, but all of my emails are going into one inbox in outlook. How do i have two inbox's, one for each email address? Thanks in advance :) Either configure two different Outlook and log off/on for switching or create a new folder and a rule which moves emails comming from account x to folder x or comming to email address x to folder x. (Depending on what version of Outlook you have, there may be no rule for "comes from account"). Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "zoids" <zoids@zoids.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

"Print This Page" Macro
I had a spreadsheet template with columns as follows (and rows of about 110 items): Quantity Item Cost per Unit Hours per Unit Ext. Cost Ext. Hours Ground Mat/Grid 2.00 0.00 Ground Rod/Point 0.30 0.00 The Ext. Cost and Ext. Hours columns have formulas that will multiply the quantity by either the cost per unit or hours per unit (or both). There are also rows at the end of the list of items that do NOT contain item names, cost per unit amounts or hours per unit amounts. They only contain the extended cost and extend hours formulas. ...

Can you get line breaks in a text cell
I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free text input. Is there a way I can put in a line or para break into a cell (as you can in a cell of a word table). Can't easily use separate cells as the number of paras can vary. I could use word but then I lose the facility to use excel on all the cells that contain data. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. TIA Rob Just hit Alt-Enter which editing a cell to start a new line RFJ wrote: > I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free > text input. &...

creating mail list from column in external database
Did a bit of googling on this, but I'm mostly finding 3rd party solutions for this, there must be a way to to this with what I have. We are using outlook 2000 on exchange 2003, and I have a table in an Oracle 9i database that has a column with email addresses in it. One of the users want to have a mailing list or address book current with what is in the database, as automated as possible. Exporting a list and importing it would be easy enough, but I'd sooner not go this route as it would have to be done everytime the database changed. I'm the Oracle DBA, so I'm not real...

Autocomplete
Can autocomplete be selectively turned off for some columns and left on for others? [Excel 2007] TIA Chris Yes, using VBA code. "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message news:On4Z7SrnKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can autocomplete be selectively turned off for some columns and left on > for others? [Excel 2007] > TIA > Chris > Thanks Bob. VBA hold no fears for me but some guidance as to the methods etc to achieve thia. Chris "Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote in message news:umYFFUrnKHA.5520@TK2MSF...

Duplicate Emails from one user to another
Hey, Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything seemed all hunky dory. Then one of our original employees starts telling me that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user. No one else recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him). Ive checked his message rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the...

Hide Column Headers
Under Tools there is an option to hide BOTH Row& Column Headers. How do I hide ONLY the column headers? Can't be done. You could kind of simulate it. Turn off both headers and use Column A to hold your own row numbers. But I wouldn't do this. It's too much work when you add/delete rows. mankoni@gmail.com wrote: > > Under Tools there is an option to hide BOTH Row& Column Headers. > > How do I hide ONLY the column headers? -- Dave Peterson If you do use Dave's suggestion you could put =ROW() in A1 and copy down, this would make it easier if you...

Borders
I am creating a quote template in excel. To get the correct 'look and feel', I have used borders. This is fine if the quote can be contained on a single printed sheet, however, as soon as I go into a second page, I cannot get the border to recognise a page break. In other words, I have a series of vertical border lines but no horizontal border to signafy the end of one page and the start of another - Can this be automated? Many thanks! Excel 2002 ...

Popup menu fails to notify ONE type of owner but not another
I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify its owner window when the user clicks on items in it. The strange thing is that it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others. If I supply a different owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine. Call this class, "CPopup" To illustrate: 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl. It has a button on it 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler. 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu to bring up the menu.. The menu pops up just fine. void C...

Using one or a lot of code tables.
Hello all, In a small database (small model, limited amount of data) we would like to have some constraints on codes used in a number of columns. 1. Domain constraints, we will not use them because this is not flexible enough if the set of codes change. 2. One code table. 3. A code table for each type of code. At the moment we are going with 2, because we think it is easier to build and maintain. (Less tables, so less software for table maintenance). Later on we might switch to 3, because then the model represents the constraints better, but with the disadvantage that mai...

Print a list of Word documents without opening them
Hi Access 2003 and Word 2003 files. Is it possible to print a list of Word documents from within an Access form without having to open each document in Word and print it? I have a subform which lists all the WordDocs that relate to the primary key field in the Main form. (The Main form/Sub form link works fine). The SubForm has a field WordDocs which is a Hyperlink data type. So each record hyperlinks to 1 Word document. I have put a button in the Main form to print each of the related Word documents but don't know how to code this button. So if there are 8 Word documents I ...

Printing 4 sheets on one page
Any way to print 4 sheets as one continuous printout? Right now it shows each page, even though its grouped, as a separate printout in print preview. Excel 97, yes 97! You have at least a couple of choices: #1. Insert a new sheet and copy the data from the 4 worksheets into this one and print from there (yech!). #2. Insert a new sheet and copy a picture of your data into this worksheet and print from there (yea!). Insert the new sheet Do this for each worksheet Select your range edit|copy back to the new sheet shift-edit|paste picture link (by pasting a picture link, the picture will...

Joining Documents as one new document
I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them together to form one, eight page document, please? Gareth Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:cq535v$j6k$1@hercules.btinternet.com... >I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them >together to form one, eight page document, please? > > Gareth > > I'm using XP BTW. Sorry but I need more help than this - nothing I paste does the job! Gareth "JoAnn Pau...

copying a wksht fm one file wokbk to another
Actually I was told to copy the data figure from one wksheet of one file to another file workbook. I would like to know any vbscript could help me to copy that worksheet from that workbook to my subject workbook. By the way i have to carry out some addition calculations, is there any script that helps setting the original value filled in one of my worksheet as zero (coz' right now all figure are in 0ve figure) Urgent!! Please help! chermaine wrote: > Actually I was told to copy the data figure from one wksheet of one > file to another file workbook. > I would like to know any vb...

Page Breaks
When I add a page break on one page I get a paragragh return on the next page which brings down the copy on the page....How do I have a page break without the return on the following page? Unless the paragraph mark is before a table, you should be able to delete it. But you can work around this in any case by formatting the text on the desired new page as "Page break before." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "designermom" <designermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

I should be able to get this one but I can't
I would like your comments on the posting by Dave at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/4fa4d2a1-c066-43ed-aa3f-150b828f6789. In my case, KTVL-DT also broadcasts as K47LDD. I can receive either one, but certainly should, since I can plainly see K47LDD tower 9 miles away. However sometimes I can tune K47LDD and then KTVL-DT and a good results. "Stan McIntosh" <StanMc@isp.com> said this in news item news:#dxs4i5kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I would like your comments on the posting by Dave at > http://social.answ...

Invoice prints original quantity ordered not quantity on invoice
When we print an invoice, it shows the original quantity ordered and not the actual fulfilled quantity as shown on Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom. The Extended Price on the printed invoice is calculated with the fulfilled quantity though. If we open the Order, Quantity Ordered = 1, Extended Price = $0.92 If we open the Invoice, Invoice Quantity = 55, Extended Price = $39.60 If we print the invoice, Qty = 1, Extended Price = #39.60 ????? Now, if we open Sales Quantity Status Inquiry Zoom for the invoice, it says: Current Quantities: Invoiced = 1 Billed = 1 Originally Ordere...

How do I select a range if one cells contents is equal to another
I have multiple columns of data. In the first two columns I need to find whether their value is equal .... I can achieve this by using the exact formula. Is there is a match then I wish to select all the columns of data. Hi not completely sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KHarrison" <KHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:809E36D9-C4FF-46AE-8BD2-31A8CF37FB08@microsoft.com... >I have multiple columns of data. In the first two columns I need to find > whether their va...

cannot print and save directly on calendar
Must have done something very wrong Cannot type an event and then save it on my monthly outlook calendar page. did you try resetting the view? see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm if you don't know how. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlook ...

page break preview #3
I have created a new "sheet" in my workbook. My first sheet includes Page 1 to Page 22. I want my second sheet to start at Page 17, which I changed on the page setup page, however, the page break preview is still showing PAGE 1. How can I change this to show Page 17? VickiJo, If you're printing or previewing sheets separately, you'll get a starting page number of 1. If you're printint or previewing multiple sheets, it'll continue the page numbers from sheet to sheet. The First Page Number (File - Page Setup - Page tab) must be set to "Auto" for ...

Moving Multiple Rows at one time
I have a worksheet that contains relevant data (I imported the data) in 2 rows; every 2 rows is a new incidence of data. Example: (row 1) Hold Flag (row 2) FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3) (row 3) Date (row 4) FIELD: DATE (Length=6) and so on. What I need, is for row 1 to be in column 1 and for row 2 to be in column 3 (same row) so that the data looks like this: Hold Flag <empty cell> FIELD: YES/NO (Length=3) Date <empty cell> FIELD: DATE (Length=6) Can anyone help me? Excel doesn't allow me to select and drag/drop multiple (every other) cells at a time. (As an added bonus, if...

more than one business reply
tried his as a reply & it bounced. Hi I use money y2k SB and do this. I designate revenue under 2 separate files (my wife & I both own businesses that we owned when we married; separate v community property). Example revenue-me & revenue-wife. Then I have sub-categories for types of revenue (sales, etc.) for each category. When setting up the txf file to export to TurboTax it sets up separate schedule c's. Actually, I'm doing 3 businesses this way; one for her & 2 for me; separate mine with the sub categories. Hope this helps! Lew "KEK" <anonymous@disc...

How do I break a chart data range
Most values in my chart are under 200000 but I have one that's 1.3 million which makes the others look tiny and unreadable. Is there a way to break the range to show the large value and the smaller values closer together? Hi have a look at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#Broken -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tara wrote: > Most values in my chart are under 200000 but I have one that's 1.3 > million which makes the others look tiny and unreadable. Is there a > way to break the range...

inserting more than one column
What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will do the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder. Thank you. Hi Columns("A:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight -- Regards Roger Govier "SITCFanTN" <SITCFanTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FA6CB-C861-4BCB-93C9-E98232636594@microsoft.com... > What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I > recorded a macro but I know there has to be...