Break link MS Excel 2000

How can I break a link to another Worksheet in MS Excel 2000?  Edit --> Links
doesn't have a Break Link option in this version of Excel.

I tried Select All --> Copy --> Paste Special --> Values to remove all
references to other worksheets.  Saved, closed, then re-opened.  I'm still
being prompted to Update links.

I don't have access to the original worksheets this MS Excel document is
linked to.

Help!

Hi PetroChris

Use FindLink (great add-in)
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"PetroChris" <PetroChris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC0C29A-9C0A-4ED7-8F90-67FAD9386E64@microsoft.com...
> How can I break a link to another Worksheet in MS Excel 2000?  Edit --> Links
> doesn't have a Break Link option in this version of Excel.
>
> I tried Select All --> Copy --> Paste Special --> Values to remove all
> references to other worksheets.  Saved, closed, then re-opened.  I'm still
> being prompted to Update links.
>
> I don't have access to the original worksheets this MS Excel document is
> linked to.
>
> Help!

0
rondebruin (3789)

Cannot Access MS-CRM 05-04-05
Hi All, Since yesterday, I am getting the following error. CRM has been working fine up until last Friday. When you go to the browser, it says Error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. All the event log shows is the following... any ideas? I had posted this earlier as well and someone had suggested to look into the isv.config file and check whether any change was made to this. However, this was not changed at all. MSCRM Platform Error Report ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Linking directly to CRM
Is there any way to create hyperlinks that will pop up windows pointing to specific instances of CRM entities. Either in Read only or editable form? Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but... If you open up a contact detail screen in your CRM, and hit F11 on your keyboard, it will reveal the url of that specific screen - it should look similar to this: http://yourservername/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={6505B000-A555-462A-A45A-C907246F55AF} And any user, which appropriate permissions and roles, can use that url to view that specific contact detail record. CRM Security will be respected...

excel number problems
why is it, that if i incert a number (say 0.8) into a cell in excel another number comes out instead of my original number(say 0.08) tools, options, edit (tab), remove check from fixed decimal places -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "excel man" <excel man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3D4586-C5D9-41F0-8D9A-94F0E959CD0C@microsoft.com... > why is it, that if i incert ...

Will not Excel anymore...Please help!!
I can't get my xbox to load any games anymore... Do I need to get it serviced? Thanks, Marty. No, ditch it, buy a copy of Excel and write your own in VBA. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Marty James" <mjames@ripcurl.com.au> wrote in message news:BD2D7E64.6673%m...

Access 2000/2003 use in Access 2007
I work on several 2000/2003 Access apps- multi user, split, that all croaked when the switch to 2007 was made. Problems range from not opening, dead forms, to very slow but working. Are there known issues or settings such as enabling VB that I should know about?? Start with Allen Browne's list of changes/issues/new bugs: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html If you describe more specifice issues maybe someone here can help. Applying A2007 SP1 can help with some issues. "Lanceu" <ulich1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d1495612-4496-4a46-b94c-d16088e80a10@f47g2000hsd....

Microsoft's Mactopia site loses links to promotions and downloads
What a mess! Microsoft launched it's new updated web site for Office for Mac today and the links to promotions are messed up. There is no way for users that are purchasing Office for Mac to view the offers or coupons at this time. When you log into Mactopia you get the new link http://www.microsoft.com/mac/comingsoon.htm. This includes the Mac Downloads page! Clicking on the Preview Office 2008 for Mac link offers a link to the Suite Deal that just returns you to the main page. IMHO Heads should roll over a mistake like this! -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees...

Is there an Excel viewer that runs under Windows Me?
The Excel viewer on Microsft's sight apparently will not run under WinMe. Is there another solution? Download the old one from here:- http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=5257&fileidx=1 -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "PaulT" <...

saving ms publisher files in a different file format
I create a business card in microsoft publisher 2000. I save it. It saves as a .pub file. If I want to use the file in email or paint shop or whatever, none of my programs will accept .pub files. And, publisher won't let me save the file as a .jpg, .gif, or anything like that. How do I save or convert or ? a publisher file in another file format so I can insert it into email, word, paint shop, or any software program I need to use it in? Appreciate any help, Nancy refer to http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column16.asp and http://www.mvps.org/publisher/compatibility.html -- ...

Excel 200 viewing option
I have win NT and office 2000. When I open multiple WORD documents, I get multiple buttons on my task bar for easier editing. But when I open multiple excel files, I get only one. How can I set it up like word? Thanks Tools / Options / View / Windows in Taskbar -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference --------------------------------------------------------------...

Borders
I am creating a quote template in excel. To get the correct 'look and feel', I have used borders. This is fine if the quote can be contained on a single printed sheet, however, as soon as I go into a second page, I cannot get the border to recognise a page break. In other words, I have a series of vertical border lines but no horizontal border to signafy the end of one page and the start of another - Can this be automated? Many thanks! Excel 2002 ...

Text Watermark in Excel
Can I insert a text watermark in Excel just like you can in Microsoft office? What I'm trying to do is create a document that will serve as an Example so I need it to somehow display the word "example" in the background, not on the whole page but on the first 3 or 5 rows. I tried using WordArt but I don't know if I can make the text appear in front of the WordArt instead of hidden behind it. I tried but I don't know how. Can someone please help me? Thank you so much! See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email...

The "undo" function occurs randomly on various MS products
The "undo" function occurs randomly while I am using any SW application, like MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IE, etc. I am running XP Pro, SP3 and am current with all updates for XP and Office 2007 on a Dell D420 laptop. I have run virus scans, RegCure, and Adware. In fact it happened twice while typing in this message as this is the third time I typed in this last sentence. Any help is greatly apreciated. Ctrl+Z is undo, perhaps there is a keyboard hardware problem? CTIPres wrote: > The "undo" function occurs randomly while I am using any SW application,...

Excel
Users are reporting that when they save an excel spreadsheet, that when they re open it, the embedded links re point from their G drive to their H or local C drives. Sometimes the link is substituted by random words. I know that this sounds virus related but can find no fix for it on the web. FWIW With multiple users I have to suspect them first <grin>. I hav noticed a tendency to get problems when linked files are :- 1. Not in the same folder as the main file. 2. The user's currently active folder (check with File/Open) i different. I guess a user would have to save the file...

Need an Excel formula
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to make a formula in Excel that can calculate 20% multiplied by (Gross pay) minus dependance, multiplied by 38.46. -- Looking for nothing, yet searching for everything. =((gross_pay*20%)-dependence)*38.46 change the names with the cells holding the values. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Kirschwasser" <azureferal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FF4ACBC1-C8F8-4F98-A3F6-3DEEC7DB43C8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Can someone please tell me how to make a formula ...

read excel
hi... how to read excel file with mfc? I looked odbc for this but what is the best way to read excel file? thanks david. but � am newbie.how can use ole automation? MSDN has plenty of examples. I've not looked but I suspect you can also find examples at www.codeproject.com. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#LlFl#5WDHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > thanks david. > > but � am newbie.how can use ole automation? > > ...

Can you get line breaks in a text cell
I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free text input. Is there a way I can put in a line or para break into a cell (as you can in a cell of a word table). Can't easily use separate cells as the number of paras can vary. I could use word but then I lose the facility to use excel on all the cells that contain data. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. TIA Rob Just hit Alt-Enter which editing a cell to start a new line RFJ wrote: > I've got Excel XP and there is a form I'm creating that requires some free > text input. &...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

Page Breaks
When I add a page break on one page I get a paragragh return on the next page which brings down the copy on the page....How do I have a page break without the return on the following page? Unless the paragraph mark is before a table, you should be able to delete it. But you can work around this in any case by formatting the text on the desired new page as "Page break before." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "designermom" <designermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Excel libraries in VB.NET
Does anyone know the difference between the Excel 5 library and Excel 11.0 Object Library? I am using Visual Studio 2008 and cannot find a listing (under COM libraries) for 11.0. Thanks, Alan The libraries are not really much different. The libraries are mostly wrappers which call the DLLs in Windos. The DLL's are located in two locations 1) Windows/system32 2) Program Files ...\Office11 (or the version of office installed on you PC). I don't know if excel 5 is refering to the VB-5 or Office 95. Office 2000 and up are pretty similar just some enhanc...

Link to another workbook & indirect
I've been playing around with =indirect but I can't get it to work with linking to a different workbook. I have a workbook that tracks fuel usage for about 50 trucks. There are as many sheets as there are trucks and each sheet's name is the truck's number. That number is always in A1, by way of a formula. With the new year I've created a new workbook with no data and I'm looking to copy each trucks mileage from last years workbook to the new one. ='[Fuel2009.xls]107'!$H$2 links to the correct cell but what I'm looking to do is to use the cont...

Word, Excel, PPT Crash while trying to open; Entourage doesn't
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Programs have been working fine up until today. All 3 show this on report: EXC_BAD_ACCESS and then a long list of info. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this or do I need to give more info? Thanks for any help. diffwirld What's your current update level of Office? What's your current update level of OS X? When's the last time you ran a repair of disk permissions? -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <diffwirld@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b745bb.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw.....

linking problem
Hello All, Please help i have a linking peoblem, the error i get is : Linking... LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : error LNK2005: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswupper already defined in TMHotkeys.obj; second definition ignored LIBCD.lib(_wctype.obj) : warning LNK4006: _iswdigit already defined in TMMDParser.obj; second definition ignored 10x hy, check for double included files! >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >Please help i have a lin...

Problem communicating with the MS CRM Server SFO client error...
Hi! Seen a few threads about the problem of the 'Problem communicating with the MS CRM Server'... 'Error Loading MS CRM functionality' error on Outlook 2003 and SFO. We have been hitting this on some clients, but not others - all clients are running the same base Windows XP2 image - we are running CRM 3.0 on Windows 2003, a Windows 2003 AD, although our clients are actually running Novell client 4.92 and authenticating primarily via Netware, and are not a member of the AD domain. The logged on user with profile is a local administrator of the PC. I believe I can remove Novel...

Making Invoice templetes in excel
hello, family new to excel 2007; how do i lock the cells so the text will not change, but the empty cell can add text. its for an invoice, would like to set the worksheet up so brokers can type in the field and when they press enter the cursor automatically moves to the next text entry field I assume this works for 2007, haven't seen it yet. Select each cell where you want to input data and using Format - Cells - Protection un-check the locked box. Protect your worksheets making sure 'allow users to select locked cells' is unchecked. Pressing Tab or Enter will now jump b...

Excel Challenge (prize
This is an appeal to all Excel users out there. My wife has just lost her job because she didn't satisfactorily complete an Excel task in the allotted time. We've put the actual Excel question up on our website at www.dmhcipr.icom43.net. Please have a look. She is appealing against her dismissal and would be grateful for any constructive comments anyone might have - they just might help her win her job back. Thanks for looking. Post the Excel question here, and someone may be able to help. Her Husband wrote: > This is an appeal to all Excel users out there. My wife has just ...