borders #2

In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them
stand out.  What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl
while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor.  How can I
make that happen?  I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants."
0
lu (9)

Mary Lu

I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet
pasted area.

Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it.

You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would
render your sheet useless except for seeing the crawlie things.

P.S.  Don't expect me to provide crawling insect code.  Not my arena.<g>

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:17:02 -0700, "Mary Lu" <Mary
Lu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them
>stand out.  What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl
>while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor.  How can I
>make that happen?  I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants."

0
Gord

Money 2002 to 2004 #2
I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is there any way to transfer all of my account information from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer (Money 2004)? Thanks in advance. Read http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q68 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q109. "Vance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02f701c3b53c$39d98dd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is > there any way to transfer all of my account information > from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer > ...

Counting if settings are "Final", or "Draft" #2
Sorry, that looks really bad. I hope this is better, ColA Col B Col C A1 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/01_Sep_03 A2 Draft Doc A A3 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/02_Sep_10 A4 Draft Doc B A5 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/03_Sep_17 A6 Draft Doc C A7 Draft Doc D A8 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/04_Sep_23 A9 Draft Doc E A10 Draft Doc F A11 Final Doc C A12 Draft Doc G A13 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_27 A14 Draft Doc H A15 Final Doc B A16 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_28 A17 Final Doc A ...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Creating borders
can you create a border using a clipart image? I have a request from a client to create a border of many kangaroos and I thought I could convert an image to create a border - but cannot figure it out Thanks! If the image is not too complex, draw a rectangle, Lines, More Lines, BorderArt, Create custom. There are a lot of kangaroos on the Office site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=kangaroo&sc=20#0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAFB093-2B75-4E2E-B7F9-25502BC153DC@microso...

Sharing Entourage Data on 2 Macs
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've dug around both the Help section and multiple support forums but can't find my answer. <br> I want to use Entourage v.X on both my iBook and my Mac Mini. No installation problems or anything like that. <br> I found a workaround for getting my email on both computers, but I want to find a way to link or share my calendar, address book etc as simply as possible. Constantly having to move folders from mac to mac works but there's got to be an easier way... Any hints...

Password protected #2
i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! Anyone got any tips.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Crack it by installing this free utility at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is i >dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! > >Anyone got any tips....? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

CListCtrl with 2 Headers OR howto scroll CHeaderCtrl

Send button?? #2
I am using Office 2007 b2 Tech Refresh and have to say that generally i love it, i cant imagine going back. BUT.......... One thing in the TR of Outlook... the SEND button on msgs. It looks SO out of place now next to the address fields. I guess it is for people who have the ribbon minimized? So put it on the quick command bar, better. It looks terrible where it is now. Especially if you have Outlook messages set to show the From and BCC fields. You wind up with this big empty spot on the window under the send/account buttons, and it looks really really bad. It would look a lot better on the...

Antivirus Free Download #2
Antivirus recognized a free download to your computer, who knows Microsoft recommends at: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ Content Site Links: http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/ http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-is-antivirus.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/free-download-antivirus-recommended-by.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-objectives.html http://yourantivirusfreedownloadonthissite.blogspot.com/2010/01/antivirus-functions.h...

downloads #2
I am having the same problem---did you ever find resolution? does anyone know how to get around it? ----- Kay Cordova wrote: ----- I have tried to download from my financial institution my account information. When I set the file to download to a .qif file it insists on loading the download to MS Money instead of putting it in a file where I can import it into Quicken. I have looked at all of the Options to find where to change that and cannot find anything that will help/ Did you see the "money vs. quicken"...

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

Equation Editor #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I installed Office Mac and need the equation editor. I thought that option would come up in a custom install but it did not (nor did Office Tools) and there is no setup wiard or anything of that sort on the install CD. Is the equation editor somewhere in Word and I can;t find it? Any ideas? Thanks -Neil Hi Neil, In Word 2008 you should be able to go to Insert menu_>Object... and select Microsoft Equation and click OK to get to Equation Editor. I hope this helps! -Eric MacOffice Testing Microsoft <neiljsalki...

.net 2
Use this to download the stand-alone installer for .net 2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en agrogod wrote: > Use this to download the stand-alone installer for .net 2 > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en Did you reply to someone or... just want to show off your Google skills? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

outlook 2002 rules wizard #2
In Outlook 2002, I went to create a rule in the rules wizard. I created a rule based on content, which asked me to specify a word found in the heading and subject. I created rules to recognize the specific word "[spam]" in the heading and subject with an additional rule to place these e-mail in the "specific folder" I created called Spam. After I hit okay, I get a message that says, "a value in the rule description box has not been set. To set a value click on the underlined words in bottom of the rules wizard." When I click on the underlined word a...

Purchase Offset #2
We have problems with Multicurrency Setup. Our normal process is to create Backorders for every Sales order. We create a Sales Invoive after Purchase Receipt. Mostly before we got the Purchase Invoice. And we have daily currency rates. In case of a PO in a foreign currency, the FX -Difference between Shipment and Invoice is postet against PPV. Every FX-Difference for every currency is posted to only one account. I would prefer to post FX-Differences as unrealized G/L to the account we have in the Currency Setup. Or, at least, as Purchase Offset, in Currency Setup too. What is your experience...

Hyperlinks #2
I can place a hyperlink from a spreadsheet to a web page. I can place a hyperlink from a spreadsheet to another tab. But can I place a hyperlink from a webpage to a particular tab in a spreadsheet???? If so how?? g I don't speak the HTML, but this kind of hyperlink worked for me in MSWord: C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls#sheet2!c99 Gargamil wrote: > > I can place a hyperlink from a spreadsheet to a web page. I can place a > hyperlink from a spreadsheet to another tab. But can I place a hyperlink > from a webpage to a particular tab in a spreadsheet???? > > ...

Y scale for P. ie when P$= 2, QD=10 & QS=3 P needs to be Y scale
I am trying to create a graph the compares Quantity Demanded and Supplied in relation to a particular price to find the equilibrium (intersection). The problem is, I have no idea how to make one row the Y scale in my graph. and the other two (QD and QS) the two line graphs which should intersect. For example at a price $0, the QD is 11 units and the QS is 0. At a price $ 4 the QD is 9 units and the QS is 3 units. So as price increases/decreases, demand and supply changes! Hi, Maybe Tushar Mehta's page can help you out. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ Cheers ...

Borders with figures
Hi, I like to make some advertisements. As a border I want to use a picture, for example easter eggs or trees wich are repeating. In Word 2007 I did this by using tabs left and right for the border and insert the image in the textrule, but this is not verry handy. How can I do this easely? Is there an option to just choose the picture and set it as a border? Thank you for responding. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm. If you have Publisher, you will find it a better application for this purpose. Word's Border Art selections do include an Easter egg ...

news reader #2
Can I use Outlook as a news reader client, if so how?? Please forward replies to bernard@ihug.co.nz ta Bernard Outlook calls Outlook Express for news reading, unless your Admin sets up Public Folders as newsgroups. <bernard@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:0d4001c3a8e7$03ff98a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can I use Outlook as a news reader client, if so how?? > > Please forward replies to > > bernard@ihug.co.nz > > > ta > > Bernard >-----Original Message----- >Outlook calls Outlook Express for news reading, unless your Admin sets up >Public F...

template #2
I have created a report card form on Excel 97 running under Mocrosoft Windows 98 SE. I would like to turn this report card format into a template and use it in a way that the data in the form cannot not be change during the process of filling in the report card. Thanks, Sy ...

AVERAGEIF #2
I have a set of numbers that I want to average if it falls within a certain range. Is there a way to find an equivalent of SUMIF with AVERAGE function. To get to the average using SUMIF, I had to find out how many numbers falls within the range and then use SUM with array formula =SUM(IF(condition,range,0))/n (n being the number falling within the range). Any help is greatly appreciated. Kim Hi Kim one way: the array formula =AVERAGE(IF(range=condition,range)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kim" <zkimleang@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#st7cbTHEHA.409...

Outlook 2003 and Public Folders #2
Hi! We have a weird problem here. To view the Public Folders (hosted on an Exchange 2003 Server) in Outlook 2003 we have to press ctrl-Y to get a list of folders, select "All Public Folders" and then it appear in the left pane. But, as soon as one goes to another folder (like Calendar) the Public folders disappear again. How to get them to stick? Thanks! CD ...

Need to store 2 values from combo box
I am displaying code and name in combo box using select statement like Select empcode, empname from employee Upon selection of the code and name, I want to pass on both the values to other form. What is the best way to do so? I am able to pass only one of the values? I don't know how I can pass both Thank you for your help! -Me You've described "how" you have decided to do something (pass two values to another form). If you'll describe "why" you have chosen this approach, and "what" having two values in another form will allow you to do, the ...

Combine Ranges to Draw Borders Issue
I have a Sub that I want to combine some ranges and draws borders around them. The ranges are actually next to each other and when I use the Union function it combines the ranges all into one address instead of a bunch of addresses. For example: the below code shows rng.Address = $C$10:$H$14, thus borders get drawn around that range. But I want to draw borders around all the little ranges I specified in rng, thus I want rng.Address = $C$10:$E$14,$F$10:$F$14,$G$10:$G$14,$H$10:$H$14 Is there a way to do this? Sub DrawBorders() Dim rng As Range ' union ...