Bookmark in Hyperlink Question

I have an excel file located in the "O" drive that has a hyperlink pointed
with specific bookmarks (O:\Book1.xls-Sheet2!A1)

However, when I save as this excel file into the “C” drive the new file
keeps the hyperlink and bookmarks from the “O”.

If there is many way to save as the excel file from the “O” drive into the
“C” and the hyperlink with its respectively bookmark into the “C” drive
(C:\Book1.xls-sheet2!A1).

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

I didn't check this but it seems to be OK.
Run the following macro before saving the WB in Drive C
Sub Change_HL_Drive_Letter()
On Error Resume Next
Set AWF = Application.WorksheetFunction
   For Each HL In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
      HL.Address = AWF.Substitute(HL.Address, "O:\", "C:\")
   Next
End Sub
==============
והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה:
***********
אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון!
***********
מיכאל אבידן
מנהל פורום "אופיס" ב"תפוז"
[Microsoft" Most Valuable Professional [MVP"

"Maperalia" wrote:

> I have an excel file located in the "O" drive that has a hyperlink pointed
> with specific bookmarks (O:\Book1.xls-Sheet2!A1)
>
> However, when I save as this excel file into the “C” drive the new file
> keeps the hyperlink and bookmarks from the “O”.
>
> If there is many way to save as the excel file from the “O” drive into the
> “C” and the hyperlink with its respectively bookmark into the “C” drive
> (C:\Book1.xls-sheet2!A1).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Maperalia

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

Sums converting to hyperlinks automatically
With Excel 2003, sums (using the @sum function) are being converted to hyperlinks, instead of using the existing cell formatting. This is a real nuisance and I can't figure out why it's behaving this way. Please help. Why are you using the @ character? In Excel, a formula starts with the equal sign; as in =SUM(A1:A10) -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:124b601c3f6f1$16ed5670$a101280a@phx.gbl... > With Excel 2003, sums (using the @sum function) are...

Question about Cells, Insert, Delete, & Formulas
I have a workbook consisting of two (locked) Report worksheets and a number of worksheets where data is manually added, deleted, inserted, and updated. On my Report worksheets, I use formulas like: = SUM(Jones!A4:A50) The Problem: When technician JONES edits the data on his JONES worksheet, he commonly INSERTS cells, DELETES cells, and edits cells. This is fine EXCEPT that JONES' changes show up in my formulae. For example, = SUM(Jones!A4:A50) is changed =SUM(Jones!A6:A33) I don't want to force JONES (and others) into using locked cells. Do I have any options? If you...

OWA calendar appointment hyperlink
I would like to have a hyperlink or just a clickable URL link in the body of a calendar entry. The calendar is in a public folder and people can view it anonymously. I can't even do this in my own calendar. Any suggestions? Thanks, Matt You should post this to an Outlook newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Matt" <matt@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uH30S5ODHHA.3812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I would like to have a hyperlink or just a clickable URL link in the body >of a calendar entry. T...

Intranet hyperlink to specific worksheet in excel file problem
Hello Everyone I have an excel file that is quite large with more than 25 worksheets. I would like to create a hyperlink to each worksheet from ou intranet. I can only create a hyperlink to my excel file that opens at the las point I saved the excel file. I hope that makes sense and anyone who can help me would be muc appreciated Jamie from Australi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jamie, You can create a link with in Excel to a workbook and specific sheet, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm but I don't think you can create a hyperlink in HTML tha...

2 questions
1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring appointment? GAK wrote: > 1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the > drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes > Default appointment time is based on the Time scale you select. 45 minutes isn't one of the options. > 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring > appointment? No. Please...

Question about "Outlook Web Access" (OWA)
I don't know if I'm in the correct forum, but.... does anyone know if it's possible to login to Outlook Web Access from a DOS command prompt?? For example, in a DOS command window, is there a command similar to: outlook /user="joe" /pwd="mypassword here" ???? On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 02:04:03 -0700, "Robert Crandal" <rcranz143101@gmail.com> wrote: >I don't know if I'm in the correct forum, but.... does >anyone know if it's possible to login to Outlook Web Access >from a DOS command prompt?? > >For example, in a DOS...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

Registry key question
Hello all: I am trying to find out the equivalent to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences\CloseOrig registry key from OL2003 in OL2000. I want to be able to set the option that closes the original message on reply. I know this can be done manually from the options, but I want to be able to do it during installation for some software I need to write. I found out. If it is not there just create a new DWORD key and that works. ...

upgrade question #2
I recently bought a mac book and with it purchased office mac 2004, I was told by the retailer that I would be able to get the upgrade for no cost from microsoft since the purchase date is so close to the new release. I am wondering if this is true or if I should return it to the retailer and wait for the 2008 edition. If this is a dumb question please forgive me, I am new to computers... Thank you in advance, Wes In article <30414d3d-b6ae-4834-805f-d2ee8969595e@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, wj.nelson@hotmail.com wrote: > I recently bought a mac book and with it purchased offi...

IFS File Type Question
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive. We then installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files are still written to the C: drive. In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS. There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our information store is located. Can...

.Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
I am at a loss. I have a button on a subform (continuous) to select a record to display on another subform, which has some onCurrent events. This works just fine but does take a few seconds and I wish to display a please wait label on the parent of the subform that houses the button. The label is visible, I have ensured that. When user selects the button to display a record, the label should be visible but is not. When I step through it is made visible correctly, but the net effect for user is that the label is never visible. Code: Forms![frm1 Client]!Reservationfrm.Form!lblPleas...

Hyperlinks
I added charts to a workbook a group of us share in a stock study group. The originator uses Excel 2003 or 4 on an XP system. I'm using Excel 2000 Professional on an XP system. After adding a few charts and an Index page that I hoped to hyperlink to various points throughout the book, I discovered that the only spreadsheets that appeared in the hyperlink window when I attempted to create the links were the original worksheets. I couldn't find a way to get my charts listed in that organization tree or outline in the window no matter what I did. I then pulled up a similar workbook I cr...

re: Does anyone reply to questions being ask?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CB49E1.8027EAC0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_003B_01CB49E1.8027EAC0" ------=_NextPart_001_003B_01CB49E1.8027EAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am trying to install my Outlook mail and I get questions about POP3 = and SMTP severs. I don't know how to answer these two questions to = install correctly. Does anyone know what I should do and where I can = get detailed instruc...

Insert Hyperlink dialogue
When you use Microsoft FrontPage you can insert a hyperlink and it displays a cool hyperlink dialogue. I have used Spy+ and it tells me the dialogue comes from this class: bosa_sdm_Mso96 I would like to use this dialogue in my MFC MDI VC++ 6.0 project. Can I? Andrew Chuckie wrote: > When you use Microsoft FrontPage you can insert a hyperlink and it displays a > cool hyperlink dialogue. I have used Spy+ and it tells me the dialogue comes > from this class: > > bosa_sdm_Mso96 > > I would like to use this dialogue in my MFC MDI VC++ 6.0 project. Can I? > >...

Newbie question #6
Hi, I have an assignment where I have to read in /append records from a TSV text file into an existing Access database, then write the Access records to another TSV file. I have the basic interface & navigation for the existing db completed but I'm at a loss as to how to read in or write back values to a TSV file. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Jim wrote: > Hi, > I have an assignment where I have to read in /append records from a TSV > text file into an existing Access database, then write the Access > records to another TSV file. I have the b...

Autofill question I think...
I hae a large sheet that goes from Column A to Column AP. Col A is my lot number, which I maintain as we add new lots in order. The rest of the columns are calculations. When I add a new lot, I insert a row in the appropriate place, then type my lot number in column A. Column B automatically fills in the formula from above, but the rest I have to highlight the row above then click the autofill tab, bottom right corner and drag it down a row. It would be nice if I could set the entire sheet up to auto fill like column B does, but so far I cant figure it out. ...

Removing hyperlinks in SSRS excel export
Anyone know how to remove the hyperlinks before exporting the data into excel. The exported file is becoming five times because of the hyperlinks. Is there any setting which can be done in rdl file? Naga, As far as I know, there is no way to do this in SQL 2005/08. I checked the Device Information Settings for Excel (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155069.aspx), but there does not seem to be a setting to set for this. As a workaround, you could add a parameter that the user could choose to include\exclude hyperlinks. In SQL 08 R2 there are new Built-In fields that ...

Backup and restore questions
I have two user accounts on my computer. My administrator account that I very rarely ever use, and my normal, general user account I named "Bob1". I use Vista Windows Mail as my email application. I just searched and found the "hidden" folder where my Windows Mail stuff is (C:\Users\Bob1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\ Local Folders & Microsoft Communities & Compact & Backup) I save everything to my Bob1 user account to the appropriate folder (Documents in documents folder, pictures into pictures folder, etc.) I never vary from this habi...

OWA Question #9
I am moving from OWA from Exchange 5.5 to OWA Exchange 2003. That part went fine. My only problem is some people have book marks that point to https://servername/exchange/logon.asp this no longer works, where can I put a redirect page to point them to the correct address ie https://servername/exchange thank you, Kyle D ...

Problems with Outllook 2007 und Outlook 2002 hyperlinks
Hello everybody, Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007 the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got lost. Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007? Does anybody know a solution for this problem? Thank you for every hint! Arno L...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

LDAP question Outlook Xp/2003
Hi, This issue have probably been discussed before, but so far I have not been able to find the answer I am looking for. I need to use "LDAP" against my Exchange 2003 server from Outlook Xp/2003 because some of my users need to access more than one Exchange server on the LAN. It is no problem accessing several servers using standard connection against one servers and "IMAP" against the others. However I have to use "IMAP" against my Exchange 2003 server and then I have a problem accessing the address lists on this server. Therefore I was hoping that I ...

Question about index usage in a query
Hi there Can someone help me with an understanding with respect to how a clustered index is being used in a query I have? I have a table with 3 columns, COL1,COL2,COl3. There is a clustered index IX_FRED on COL1 ASC, COL2 ASC I then run a query, displaying execution plan... SELECT TOP 5000 [COL1], [COL2] FROM MyTable AS D WITH WHERE D.COL3 LIKE '%X%' What I cant understand is that the execution plan shows a 'Clustered Index Seek' using IX_FRED. I can't understand why this is the case. As COL3 is not in the index, surely it would have to scan all ...