bodlfacing text within larger text string

I have put together a test string with

 ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz"

I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only.  Can I
add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it
a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some
other way?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi
no, not possible with formulas

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

hovendic wrote:
> I have put together a test string with
>
>  ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz"
>
> I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only.  Can I
> add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it
> a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some
> other way?
>
> Thanks
0
frank.kabel (11126)

TEXT = text

ACCESS/Parse XML String

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

text autoshaped
How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? What is the shape? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "skunk" <skunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452F13D5-F410-4135-9F64-88F9801DFC24@microsoft.com... > How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? anyone of the autoshapes, let's say a hexagon. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > What is the shape? > > -- > Mary Sauer MS MVP > http://office.microsoft.com/ > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > news://ms...

Seperating Text Out Of All Text Fields
can I use the "find" function using no special text? I need to seperate the names out of the following string: first JIM mi T. last JOHNSO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Vato Loco! Easiest way will be to use Data > Text to Columns using the space as the delimiter. Then discard the bits you don't want. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com... > can I use the "f...

how to add prefix '>' to orig text on reply in OWA ?
In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to plain text of the original message received, in case we want to reply to them in plain text - Does a similar option exist in Outlook Web Access ? If not - How can I enable such feature to reply mail to people who hate top-posting. "Pavan Savoy" <Pavan Savoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BD67A4-C79A-4108-B2F2-4FE5CB46AB34@microsoft.com... > In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to > plain text of the original message received...

bodlfacing text within larger text string
I have put together a test string with ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only. Can I add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some other way? Thanks Hi no, not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hovendic wrote: > I have put together a test string with > > ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" > > I would like to boldface the number (celld4) onl...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

Not all of the text is visible when looking at the cell.
Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the cell unless I double click the cell or look at the formula bar. Autofit the row height is on and shows a lot of white space. No special styles are applied. Wrap text is on. Cell number is formatted as normal but have tried it as text also. It's an Excel limitation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211580 -- Jim "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F8E4A2D-F263-4C05-8465-7686ED771800@microsoft.com... | Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the c...

Is there a command line string I can use to send email?
If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where I work - the list changes daily. Sandra <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote: > If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to > do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where > I work - the list changes daily. Check the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Brian Tillman ...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

xml within xml?
Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally what should the parent element be defined as in the xsd? I noticed xs:anytype throws an error when validating the final xml doc. TIA, RP RP wrote: > Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml > document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not > parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally...

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...